PDA

View Full Version : Proper Liberty Attire for ALL Marines?

Pages : 1 [2]

Assaultdog0351
07-23-2013, 01:27 PM
Ain't nobody got not time for that.

USMC0341
07-27-2013, 02:27 AM
So are flip flops and board shorts ok, or only in Hawaii?

Personally I like to rock em in j-ville, with a white t-shirt and tell every NCO to go f themselves when the question it, since RHIP you know?

Assaultdog0351
07-27-2013, 04:00 AM
Flip flops are allowed, technically boards shorts are, but until it is addressed by the MCUB, we must fight the good fight. I know Lejeune base order allows for common trends and fads (that line was specifically left out of all the posters for some odd reason). I think boards shorts are more common than a common trend or fad )similar to flip flops.

iluvdrt
08-02-2013, 12:25 AM
In my experience, a simple introduction and discreet polite correcting is usually all that is needed. "Don't do this again OK?" goes a hell of a lot further than "Hey Devil Dog, WTF you freaking dagon know BLAHHHHH!!" I think Marines respect a more supple approach and understand. The best leaders I have know (IMO) did this and now as a senior SNCO myself I try to do the same. I'm not perfect and I have my days as does everyone else where I am "nasty" to an extent. It doesn't make it OK, but it doesn't mean I need to get my ass reamed either.

Mr. Joe
08-02-2013, 05:59 AM
E4RUMOR is right. Did you notice he is in Okinawa, Japan? Do you know that all U.S. personnel in Okinawa are representatives of the UNITED STATES, and as such, are invited guest in Japan? The least a person can do is conduct himself or herself in a proper manner and dress appropriately. Yes, there are Japanese who have learned to dress in the manner of the Americans, but the majority are always judging our country by the way we behave in their country. Do you know how the island of Okinawa has more than once suffered from having young school children raped by U.S. Marines? Overcoming this reputation has been a concern of both nations. Have you heard that there is or was a move afoot by the U.S. Government to move Marines out of Okinawa to the U.S. territory of Guam? The embarrassment caused
by Military personnel has been a terrible blemish on our relations with Japan. Please follow the intent of the regulations.