PDA

View Full Version : Dear Crusty

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Proud Mom
09-03-2008, 02:18 AM
So, I teased Crusty about starting a thread called Dear Crusty rather like a Dear Abby since he gives a good view from a man's point of view and generally gives sound advice.

So, ladies, here you go!! He now has his own thread for you to ask all the things you want a man who's military active duties perspective on LOL

So ladies, crack your knuckles and start typing.....Dear Crusty

CrustySMSgt
09-03-2008, 02:24 AM
ROFLMAO... oh boy, this should be good :D :eek:

axscntU8_Dpstv
09-03-2008, 02:37 AM
Dear Crusty,

I have this nagging itch on my left shoulder that is accompanied by a scaley patch....

hahahahaha

Much hugs,
Ax

CrustySMSgt
09-03-2008, 02:48 AM
Dear Crusty,

I have this nagging itch on my left shoulder that is accompanied by a scaley patch....

hahahahaha

Much hugs,
Ax

Well, you came to the right guy... since I got my board nickname from a very similar condition, I know just what to do!

http://www.firstaidmonster.com/images/products/FAM_BENADRYL_CREAM__EXTRA_ST-2008.jpg

That was easy... NEXT! :tongue:

CVal
09-03-2008, 03:16 AM
Dear Crusty,
I have a terrible itching sensation between my toes. What should I do?
Signed,
Not Going Barefoot

axscntU8_Dpstv
09-03-2008, 03:27 AM
Dear Crusty,

I need to make a homemade pie for my friend. I can't cook. Please help.

Not Rolling in the Dough,
Pils Berry

CVal
09-03-2008, 03:31 AM
Wrong kind of crustiness, Ax! (It took me a few seconds to catch your pun, hun.)

axscntU8_Dpstv
09-03-2008, 03:32 AM
A crust is a crust is a crust. LOL

VFFSSGT
09-03-2008, 04:21 AM
Well there goes his head...someone call the ambulance before it explodes...:tongue: :D

CrustySMSgt
09-03-2008, 06:35 AM
Wrong kind of crustiness, Ax! (It took me a few seconds to catch your pun, hun.)

She got me too... that went right over my head... lol

axscntU8_Dpstv
09-03-2008, 12:30 PM
All I can say is: hahahahahha:tongue:

CVal
09-03-2008, 12:38 PM
Dear Crusty,
I have to take a test in earth science today, but I've forgotten the uppermost layer of the earth. From the center of the earth outward, the layers are the Inner core, outer core, mantle, upper mantle, and.... I've forgotten the top one. Do you know, oh Crusty one?
Signed,
Seriously dense

CrustySMSgt
09-03-2008, 02:04 PM
Dear Crusty,
I have to take a test in earth science today, but I've forgotten the uppermost layer of the earth. From the center of the earth outward, the layers are the Inner core, outer core, mantle, upper mantle, and.... I've forgotten the top one. Do you know, oh Crusty one?
Signed,
Seriously dense

Stuffed? ;)

Variable Wind
09-03-2008, 02:09 PM
Dear Crusty,

It burns when I pee.

dbsgirl
09-03-2008, 02:26 PM
Dear Crusty,

It burns when I pee.

*wiping coffee off monitor*

axscntU8_Dpstv
09-03-2008, 02:54 PM
Dear Crusty,
Signed,
Seriously dense

That was good!

CVal
09-03-2008, 06:35 PM
VW,
"It" is a very ~ umm ~ vague term. What, exactly, hurts when you pee? Your big toe? Your ankle? What?

Thanks, Ax. I was afraid I was a little heavy-handed with the earth one.

CVal
09-03-2008, 06:40 PM
Dear Crusty,
My bread has gone all crusty with age. Do you know any good crouton recipes?
Signed,
Miss Crunchy

Proud Mom
09-03-2008, 07:03 PM
Dear Crusty,

It burns when I pee.

*wiping coffee off monitor*

omg...trying to see thru the diet coke sprayed everywhere....that was freakin hilarious :D

Variable Wind
09-03-2008, 07:16 PM
VW,
"It" is a very ~ umm ~ vague term. What, exactly, hurts when you pee? Your big toe? Your ankle? What?

Thanks, Ax. I was afraid I was a little heavy-handed with the earth one.

Hey this question isnt for you :tongue:

...hurts like Razor blades, and is red a bad color?

axscntU8_Dpstv
09-03-2008, 07:29 PM
Dear Crusty,

My brother threw his undies at me. They were not soft. Nor did they have that gain fresh scent. What do I do?

Stuck on Skid Row,
Brown Noser

Variable Wind
09-03-2008, 07:35 PM
Dear Crusty,

My brother threw his undies at me. They were not soft. Nor did they have that gain fresh scent. What do I do?

Stuck on Skid Row,
Brown Noser

Burn them...may I suggest keeping a safe distance. This is probably highly flammable material.

Shrike
09-03-2008, 07:38 PM
Dear Crusty,
Have you ever been in a Turkish Prison?

caliny
09-03-2008, 07:46 PM
Burn them...may I suggest keeping a safe distance. This is probably highly flammable material.

cough...cough..own...cough...advice...cough... ;) LOL!

Hey this question isnt for you :tongue:

Variable Wind
09-03-2008, 08:05 PM
cough...cough..own...cough...advice...cough... ;) LOL!

D' OH! I guess do as I say and not as I do.:eek:

caliny
09-03-2008, 08:20 PM
It's all good. I just couldn't resist :)

Rev Mike Large
09-03-2008, 10:56 PM
Easily one of the most entertaining threads in a long time. Mad props to PM for this idea! LOL

ThatGirl88
09-03-2008, 11:13 PM
lol. this thread makes me smile....fun

JHawkG33K
09-03-2008, 11:16 PM
I'll be following this one with interest...keep up the fun.

hawk71049
09-03-2008, 11:22 PM

Dear Crusty,

crusty ...
Shrike wants to know if you ever been a turkey...:eek:

Proud Mom
09-04-2008, 12:25 AM
Dear Crusty,

When my husband and I are, um, cooking, that's right cooking.

The noodle goes limp, me, I like a "firmer" noodle.

When we are "cooking" how do we keep the "noodle" firmer??

Signed
Floppy Noodle :confused:

ThatGirl88
09-04-2008, 02:02 AM
Dear Crusty,

Signed

lol

CrustySMSgt
09-04-2008, 02:16 AM
Dear Crusty,

No... but I have seen a grown man naked. :eek:

CrustySMSgt
09-04-2008, 02:17 AM
Easily one of the most entertaining threads in a long time. Mad props to PM for this idea! LOL

Gotta love PM... a classic indeed... might become the new "diverted flight"... lol

CrustySMSgt
09-04-2008, 02:25 AM
Dear Crusty,

Signed

I'm guessing there is all kinds of good stuff you can get an employee discount on that can solve that problem... you can use a paint stirrer & duct tape to give the "noodle" a bit more "al dente" kick. Or there is that big bin of wood/metal dowels... if you've got the time, you can stuff the "noodle" with whatever size will fit best on your "plate". And if none of those works... there is always the entire line of Black & Decker products; you could consider giving up the heavy carbs in "pasta" and go for something that will satisfy your hunger much quicker.

Hope that helps! :D

Proud Mom
09-04-2008, 02:40 AM
I'm guessing there is all kinds of good stuff you can get an employee discount on that can solve that problem... you can use a paint stirrer & duct tape to give the "noodle" a bit more "al dente" kick. Or there is that big bin of wood/metal dowels... if you've got the time, you can stuff the "noodle" with whatever size will fit best on your "plate". And if none of those works... there is always the entire line of Black & Decker products; you could consider giving up the heavy carbs in "pasta" and go for something that will satisfy your hunger much quicker.

running off with discount card in hand

Oh thank you Dear Crusty, my marriage is saved :D

CVal
09-04-2008, 04:23 AM
Dear Crusty,
My big brother keeps calling me names, like French Bread and Crustacean. I'm getting seriously mad at him. Will I go to jail if I punch him in the "noodle?"
Signed,
Crustina

bluebutterflydays
09-04-2008, 04:37 AM
Dear Crusty,
What is the most efficient way to go about using a 100 dollar roll of ones in a strip club? I wanna get the most, uh..... value for my buck...

Signed,
Cheap Pervert

axscntU8_Dpstv
09-04-2008, 04:46 AM
Dear Crusty,
My big brother keeps calling me names, like French Bread and Crustacean. I'm getting seriously mad at him. Will I go to jail if I punch him in the "noodle?"
Signed,
Crustina

Dang it! Your crusty references are sooooooooooooooooo much better than mine. I'm verbally jealous! LOL :)

CVal
09-04-2008, 04:52 AM
Dear Crusty,
My in-laws are coming over and they don't eat red meat. Do you know of any good Encrusted Tilapia recipes?
Signed,
Fishing for Answers

P.S. Thanks, Ax!

Your_Name_Here
09-04-2008, 05:52 AM
Dear Crusty,

Signed

I had to get back in my chair--AGAIN--after yet another bout of ROTFLMAO-itis. Thanks!!! :D :D :D

Your_Name_Here
09-04-2008, 05:54 AM
Dear Crusty,

I'm all bunched up in my PT shorts. :eek:

Signed,
Can't Shake Loose in Japan

Shrike
09-04-2008, 06:51 AM
Dear Crusty,
I've been unsuccessful on the dating scene for quite some time. Well, I'm not proud of this, but some dude at a bar told me about these "Roofy" pills. He said girls will do anything you want after taking Roofies. So I bought a few.
I haven't gotten a single girl to come home with me and I've been taking those damned Roofies every night for a week. I think I'm supposed to be taking it with food or something, too. As it is, I've just taken it with some beer, and it has some really bad side effects - my bung really hurts the next morning and I have a strange aftertaste in my mouth.

What am I doing wrong?

Variable Wind
09-04-2008, 01:01 PM
Dear Crusty,
I've been unsuccessful on the dating scene for quite some time. Well, I'm not proud of this, but some dude at a bar told me about these "Roofy" pills. He said girls will do anything you want after taking Roofies. So I bought a few.
I haven't gotten a single girl to come home with me and I've been taking those damned Roofies every night for a week. I think I'm supposed to be taking it with food or something, too. As it is, I've just taken it with some beer, and it has some really bad side effects - my bung really hurts the next morning and I have a strange aftertaste in my mouth.

What am I doing wrong?

Catching.
:D

Proud Mom
09-04-2008, 02:07 PM
omg...I laughed until I had tears....Mwwwahhhh....thanks you guys!! :D

Measure Man
09-04-2008, 03:00 PM
Dear Crusty,

I smell fishy.

What do you recommend?

Sincerely,

Les Denfres

Rev Mike Large
09-04-2008, 09:48 PM
Dear Crusty,

Signed

1st, I am shocked and horrified that my adopted mom wrote in with such a question. Ewww... LOL

Crusty, if you'll allow me to be your guest columnist on this one:

Dear PM --
Limp noodles are really no dish for anyone at the table. Embarrassing for the chef, unsatisfying for the one (or more) guests being served. I especially sympathize with you as a regular and long-standing guest in your husband's kitchen -- you certainly are entitled to all the firm noodle a man with his years of cooking experience can produce.

To get a good and proper "al dente" noodle, might I first suggest examining the cooking method? Sometimes, changing up the cooking method itself can help. One might say that boiling noodles is boiling noodles, but studies and experience have shown that turning up the heat a bit might lead to easier noodle preparation. Adding a bit more liquid to the mix also has proven effective for noodle strength.

Due to the importance of an enjoyable cooking experience, if changing methods and adding moisture fail to help produce a consistently firm noodle, might this chef suggest some commercially and professionally prescribed chemical enhancements? Evidently, one particular blue-ish spice comes to mind which has been given wide acclaim at producing harder noodles for longer. In fact, most such spices come complete with a warning that if the noodle remains hardened for several hours after the cooking is complete, one might need to call a professional.

I hope this helps enlighten my dear readers and perks up their day.

-- Guest columnist,
The Reverend Mike Large

CrustySMSgt
09-04-2008, 10:05 PM
1st, I am shocked and horrified that my adopted mom wrote in with such a question. Ewww... LOL

Dear PM --
Limp noodles are really no dish for anyone at the table. Embarrassing for the chef, unsatisfying for the one (or more) guests being served. I especially sympathize with you as a regular and long-standing guest in your husband's kitchen -- you certainly are entitled to all the firm noodle a man with his years of cooking experience can produce.

To get a good and proper "al dente" noodle, might I first suggest examining the cooking method? Sometimes, changing up the cooking method itself can help. One might say that boiling noodles is boiling noodles, but studies and experience have shown that turning up the heat a bit might lead to easier noodle preparation. Adding a bit more liquid to the mix also has proven effective for noodle strength.

Due to the importance of an enjoyable cooking experience, if changing methods and adding moisture fail to help produce a consistently firm noodle, might this chef suggest some commercially and professionally prescribed chemical enhancements? Evidently, one particular blue-ish spice comes to mind which has been given wide acclaim at producing harder noodles for longer. In fact, most such spices come complete with a warning that if the noodle remains hardened for several hours after the cooking is complete, one might need to call a professional.

-- Guest columnist,
The Reverend Mike Large

Bravo!! :D

axscntU8_Dpstv
09-04-2008, 11:35 PM

Dear PM --

-- Guest columnist,
The Reverend Mike Large

awesome!!!

Proud Mom
09-05-2008, 03:06 AM

Dear PM --

-- Guest columnist,
The Reverend Mike Large

Standing ovation....Bravo...bravo....looking proudly around...everyone...he's my son...that's my son that wrote that....~sniffle sniffle~....That was hilarious...you have a job as Assistant Crusty LOL...I KNEW there was a reason I adopted you!

ps: And just to further shock, horrify and embarrass the children.......Old Man is very upstanding and utilizes that quality on a very regular basis he he he

Rev Mike Large
09-05-2008, 02:49 PM
ty... tyvm... ty!!

And good for you, PM -- and thanks SO much for sharing all that. LOL

axscntU8_Dpstv
09-05-2008, 03:17 PM
This thread reminds me of:

Ummmm...yeah....That's an overshare!:D

Proud Mom
09-05-2008, 08:17 PM
ty... tyvm... ty!!

And good for you, PM -- and thanks SO much for sharing all that. LOL

Not a problem kiddo!! lmao ;)

Proud Mom
09-05-2008, 08:22 PM
Dear Crusty,

I'm all bunched up in my PT shorts. :eek:

Signed,
Can't Shake Loose in Japan

Dear Crusty,

What am I doing wrong?

Dear Crusty,

I smell fishy.

What do you recommend?

Sincerely,

Les Denfres

Dear Crusty,

Your leaving your loyal readers with shorts up their butts, getting raped and smelling....ones picking wedgies, one has a sore bung and one stinks and there isn't enough febreeze for the entire thread!! :eek:

Rev Mike Large
09-05-2008, 10:43 PM
Dear Crusty,

What am I doing wrong?

(another guest columnist effort, since poor Crusty is overwhelmed with the requests for advice)

Dear Shrike,
Could it be that the combination of beer and the Roofies makes you really, really drunk and your jaw hurts from a bar fight and your 'bung' hurts from getting it kicked by the bouncer as you were tossed out? Certainly. That's a possibility. But I gotta say, I think maybe that's not how it went down (so to speak...)
I really hate to explain this, but...
That guy at the bar... the one who gave you the Roofies... he wasn't your friend, was he?
Try to think back to that night, and the nights since then: by any chance, was he wearing seatless leather chaps, a studded dog collar, and bad eyeliner? Did he have any prison tats and did any of them read, "Precious," or "Bubba's Girl," or any such terms of prison endearment? Did he seem unusually interested in your virginal predicament?
Poor, gentle reader -- it seems the tables have turned on you. The hunter became the hunted; the winless pitcher became an All-Pro catcher. Your "friend" made you a Grade-A example of how "tis better to give, than to receive."
Better luck next time with the ladies. Ditch the roofies, dust off your A-game, and avoid horrendous introductory lines like "Your parents must've been terrorists, baby -- 'cause you da bomb!" or any references to "falling from heaven." Studies have shown that (surprisingly enough) these do not work any better than your Roofies plan -- but at least they don't leave you with a sore throat and poop chute.

-- The Reverend Mike Large,
Guest Columnist (again) for
The Crustiest of the Crusty

CrustySMSgt
09-06-2008, 01:06 AM
Dear Crusty,

Your leaving your loyal readers with shorts up their butts, getting raped and smelling....ones picking wedgies, one has a sore bung and one stinks and there isn't enough febreeze for the entire thread!! :eek:

lol... my appologies... I test for Chief on Tuesday, so I've been trying to keep my nose in the books... but of course I gotta come here on my breaks. Thanks to the Rev for picking up my slack!!

CVal
09-06-2008, 03:29 AM
Dear Crusty,
In my search for synonyms for crust, crusty, et al, I came across CRUST ~ Confederacy of Rascals and Unspeakably Suspicious Troublemakers. I think I know of a group that fits this description, but I can't quite place where I know it from. Oh hard-shelled one, would you please tell me?
Signed,
Trying Not To Pick This Crusty Scab

Shrike
09-06-2008, 07:00 AM
lol... my appologies... I test for Chief on Tuesday, so I've been trying to keep my nose in the books... but of course I gotta come here on my breaks. Thanks to the Rev for picking up my slack!!

Good luck, Crusty!

CrustySMSgt
09-06-2008, 07:16 AM
Dear Crusty,
In my search for synonyms for crust, crusty, et al, I came across CRUST ~ Confederacy of Rascals and Unspeakably Suspicious Troublemakers. I think I know of a group that fits this description, but I can't quite place where I know it from. Oh hard-shelled one, would you please tell me?
Signed,
Trying Not To Pick This Crusty Scab

Seems I too have encountered such a group somewhere... ;)

CrustySMSgt
09-06-2008, 07:16 AM
Good luck, Crusty!

Thanks! I need all the help I can get... lol

Proud Mom
09-06-2008, 08:27 PM

Good luck on the test hun. We are all rooting for you!!!!

CrustySMSgt
09-07-2008, 01:31 AM
Good luck on the test hun. We are all rooting for you!!!!

Thanks PM!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Variable Wind
09-08-2008, 01:51 AM
Dear Crusty... Train A leaves Sacramento, California traveling at 87 mph in a northeastern track. Train B leaves Portland, Maine in the opposite direction at 75 mph. Given said information; how many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop?

Your_Name_Here
09-08-2008, 04:40 AM
Dear Crusty,

Are those letters to Penthouse Magazine for real? I've *ahem* never *cough* actually read any, mind you--just heard stuff. ;) :tongue: :D

CrustySMSgt
09-08-2008, 04:43 AM
Dear Crusty... Train A leaves Sacramento, California traveling at 87 mph in a northeastern track. Train B leaves Portland, Maine in the opposite direction at 75 mph. Given said information; how many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop?

Depends on how big the licker is! :tongue:

CrustySMSgt
09-08-2008, 04:44 AM
Dear Crusty,

Are those letters to Penthouse Magazine for real? I've *ahem* never *cough* actually read any, mind you--just heard stuff. ;) :tongue: :D

I will admit to having done some research into this, for purly scientific reasons of course. My money is on, if it starts with, "I never thought this would happen to me..." it is probably BS!

caliny
09-08-2008, 05:09 AM
Depends on how big the licker is! :tongue:

LOL! Well played :)

CrustySMSgt
09-08-2008, 07:01 AM
LOL! Well played :)

Of course we all know, sometimes it isn't the size of the licker that makes the difference, it's what you do with it! :D

Rev Mike Large
09-08-2008, 03:15 PM
Of course we all know, sometimes it isn't the size of the licker that makes the difference, it's what you do with it! :D

ROFLMAO... He's BAAAACCCKK! :D

THELADYKT
09-08-2008, 09:44 PM
Just read through this thread....now after wiping diet pepsi off the screen and getting up off the floor I'm speechless, so I'll just leave it with this.

Rev Mike Large
09-08-2008, 10:03 PM
And welcome back, KT!!! LOL

caliny
09-09-2008, 12:43 AM
KT~It's great to see you back!

caliny
09-09-2008, 12:44 AM
Crusty, good luck tomorrow!! :D

axscntU8_Dpstv
09-09-2008, 12:52 AM
Good Luck Crusty!!!! May all your dreams come true!!

CVal
09-09-2008, 01:21 AM
Good luck, Crusty ~ although I think it's probably already tomorrow where you are, which makes today here your yesterday! ;)

Variable Wind
09-09-2008, 02:59 AM
Good luck, Crusty ~ although I think it's probably already tomorrow where you are, which makes today here your yesterday! ;)

*sparks* huh?

CrustySMSgt
09-09-2008, 04:53 AM
I just got done a couple hours ago... was feeling pretty good when I walked out, but after finding the questions in the book, I'm not so sure... lol

I've got to do another run through; I am sure my score will be above the average score... just not sure it'll be enough. It is all out of my hand now, we'll find out in mid-November...

Shrike
09-09-2008, 10:18 AM
It is all out of my hand now, we'll find out in min-November...

That's the hard part...waiting so long for the results.

CrustySMSgt
09-09-2008, 11:08 AM
That's the hard part...waiting so long for the results.

Will definitely be a long 2 months... lol

Measure Man
09-09-2008, 02:12 PM
I just got done a couple hours ago... was feeling pretty good when I walked out, but after finding the questions in the book, I'm not so sure... lol

I've got to do another run through; I am sure my score will be above the average score... just not sure it'll be enough. It is all out of my hand now, we'll find out in mid-November...

If you are better than average, then you have done your job as far as the test.

You do not make Chief by testing, you make it on board score...

Now if you have a board score that makes it...you can still give it back by testing very poorly :-)

When I was testing for Chief...I was the #1 test score in my AFSC for three years running...obviously I didn't make it the first two...lol.

but, we'll all be checking for "Crusty" on the promotion list...

Proud Mom
09-09-2008, 06:16 PM

you'll do great hun....we all have faith in you!!!

And you have your job here as Dear Crusty to help pass the lonnnnggggg months until November!!!

And once they put your name on that list you need to copy it and post it here for all to see....SOME of us can't go online and look at the results!

CrustySMSgt
09-09-2008, 10:12 PM
If you are better than average, then you have done your job as far as the test.

You do not make Chief by testing, you make it on board score...

Now if you have a board score that makes it...you can still give it back by testing very poorly :-)

When I was testing for Chief...I was the #1 test score in my AFSC for three years running...obviously I didn't make it the first two...lol.

but, we'll all be checking for "Crusty" on the promotion list...

Thanks Chief! Looking at results from the previous couple years, I'm just hoping I'm not one of the couple 405s in my career field that don't make it every year. I really hope I don't do it twice... I can only imagine how frustrating that would be.
I'm a year behind the average TIG/TIS, so that will knock me down a few points. Hard not to get my hopes up... but I am realistic and know making it the first go is tough. And if I don't make it this go, PCSing to my joint billet, having a 3-star senior rater, and selection as the Sijan for PACOM can't do anything but keep me in the hunt for next year.
Of course we're scheduled to get a new PDG :(

Anyway, thanks for the momentary "Ask MM" diversion!

CrustySMSgt
09-09-2008, 10:12 PM
you'll do great hun....we all have faith in you!!!

And you have your job here as Dear Crusty to help pass the lonnnnggggg months until November!!!

And once they put your name on that list you need to copy it and post it here for all to see....SOME of us can't go online and look at the results!

Thanks PM... you're a great motivator! :D

Proud Mom
09-09-2008, 11:13 PM
:eek:
Thanks PM... you're a great motivator! :D

Thanks :D but get back to work LOL....I mean that one poor man said it hurt to pee LOL....did his shorts ever come out of his arse?

he he he...those cool sock suspenders could somehow be used to hold unders out of the crack I'm sure

wandering off to chuckle at myself...I get weird when I'm tired :eek:

THELADYKT
09-11-2008, 05:12 PM
Someone sent me these and the first person that came to mind was Crusty.....dunno why. LOL

Rev Mike Large
09-11-2008, 07:22 PM
Someone sent me these and the first person that came to mind was Crusty.....dunno why. LOL

LOL -- You're "Hot for Crusty!" :tongue:

Proud Mom
09-11-2008, 08:40 PM
Well he is hot in them there unders ya know LOL

CrustySMSgt
09-11-2008, 10:11 PM

That dude's got WAY too much hair to be me!!

And I don't wear boxers... lol

THELADYKT
09-11-2008, 10:20 PM
ooohhh a tighty whitey guy huh....more like this.....just older??? LOL:cool: ;)

CrustySMSgt
09-11-2008, 10:41 PM
ooohhh a tighty whitey guy huh....more like this.....just older??? LOL:cool: ;)

IF YOU MUST KNOW... black boxer breifs... lol <blush>

THELADYKT
09-11-2008, 11:05 PM
oh so more like this.....

CrustySMSgt
09-11-2008, 11:13 PM
oh so more like this.....

getting closer... roflmao

Proud Mom
09-12-2008, 02:22 AM
Mmmm-hmmmm.....undie envy is goin on here LOL

CVal
09-12-2008, 12:31 PM
I just hope we don't get into an undie-showing contest!

And it's a good thing Crusty's not a sailor ~ those black boxer briefs would show up right through those whites!

Your_Name_Here
09-12-2008, 01:37 PM
Dear Crusty,

Whatever happened to:

1) the Archies, and

2) DISCO?

Proud Mom
09-12-2008, 02:14 PM
Dear Crusty,

Whatever happened to:

1) the Archies, and

2) DISCO?

Oh Dear....well you see....sometimes things and people die sweetheart and nothing we do can save them....and Disco....where is your father at a time like this....I don't know how to tell you honey but Disco was one of those things that has gone to heaven to be with your pet goldfish....pat pat pat...there there now

Your_Name_Here
09-12-2008, 03:01 PM
Oh Dear....well you see....sometimes things and people die sweetheart and nothing we do can save them....and Disco....where is your father at a time like this....I don't know how to tell you honey but Disco was one of those things that has gone to heaven to be with your pet goldfish....pat pat pat...there there now

LOL Thanks Ma!!! :D :thumbup: (b/c "Mom" is too long a word sometimes:tongue: :D )

For my next quandary:

Dear Crusty,

If I vote for you, will all my wildest dreams come true?:) :) :)

Signed,

"N.D."

Sgt Grandpa
09-12-2008, 03:41 PM
Dear Crusty,

I read about the guy who had an issue with his shorts "riding up". I too had this issue, until I removed the liner and stopped wearing underwear. But the problem I have now is, how do I keep the nether region warm on those chilly days?
oh< and how do i keep the same person from volunteering to assist me in doing the sit_up event?

Commando

Rev Mike Large
09-12-2008, 04:30 PM
Dear Crusty,

I read about the guy who had an issue with his shorts "riding up". I too had this issue, until I removed the liner and stopped wearing underwear. But the problem I have now is, how do I keep the nether region warm on those chilly days?
oh< and how do i keep the same person from volunteering to assist me in doing the sit_up event?

Commando

LMFAO...

Following the situp event, does the same person stand next to you at the urinal, despite there being a line of empty ones to choose from? If so, there may be a disturbing pattern of meat-gazing going on! LOL

THELADYKT
09-12-2008, 05:11 PM
I just hope we don't get into an undie-showing contest!

And it's a good thing Crusty's not a sailor ~ those black boxer briefs would show up right through those whites!

Is this better. :D

Proud Mom
09-12-2008, 06:17 PM
~Blush~
covering eyes

peeking thru fingers

elf butt

Proud Mom
09-13-2008, 03:51 AM
Dear Crusty,

If I killed a 5 ft, 330 lb loud, annoying, uneducated woman would it be considered murder or a mercy killing?

Signed
I just spent 4 hrs grocery shopping with my MIL

CVal
09-13-2008, 08:47 PM
Dear Crusty,

If I killed a 5 ft, 330 lb loud, annoying, uneducated woman would it be considered murder or a mercy killing?

Signed
I just spent 4 hrs grocery shopping with my MIL

I'll help out here, because I think Crusty may be too busy worrying about his chief test. :tongue:

Dear Shopping With My MIL,

Please designate to whom the mercy would apply. If you were to kill your MIL for her own comfort, your mercy may be misplaced. She may like being loud, annoying and uneducated. In that case, she would become a loud, annoying, uneducated restless spirt, who would be free to haunt you ALL THE TIME! I don't recommend this type of mercy killing for obvious reasons.

If you were to kill her for YOUR own comfort, then that would be selfish mercy. Selfish mercy is not mercy at all, it's just ... well ... selfish. And you would end up in aitch-eee--double-toothpicks, where you would suffer for eternity, which, while it may not seem like it, is much longer than a 4-hour trip to the grocery store. I really don't recommend this type of mercy killing, either.

Now, if you were to kill her to put the people in the grocery store out of THEIR misery, then that would truly be a mercy killing. You may even be canonized (but I think you'd have to perform other miracles, too, though, and maybe even be Catholic). At the very least, they might put up a plaque in the produce aisle (or wherever you finally snapped). Even though this would be the most acceptable motivation, I still don't recommend it because a prison jumpsuit would add 30 pounds to your hips.

Signed,
Crusty's CVal

(Disclaimer: No MILs were harmed, killed, or maimed in the writing of this answer. In fact, the writer of this answer does not recommend killing anyone (except in self-defense or in defense of others). Furthermore, this writer's MIL was a lovely person and was neither loud, annoying nor uneducated.)

Proud Mom
09-14-2008, 12:10 AM
Well poop...back to the drawing board

CrustySMSgt
09-14-2008, 12:22 AM
Dear Crusty,

Commando

Definitely a problem! I would certainly be concerned in the same person followed you around your PT session, and when it's time for sit ups, they look at you and smile. :eek:

I've found it is very hard to count sit-ups, because I make it a point to keep my eyes straight and parallel, looking off to the horizon, so there is no chance of accidentally seeing anything that would require me to bleach my eyes.

CrustySMSgt
09-14-2008, 12:26 AM
I'll help out here, because I think Crusty may be too busy worrying about his chief test. :tongue:

Dear Shopping With My MIL,

Please designate to whom the mercy would apply. If you were to kill your MIL for her own comfort, your mercy may be misplaced. She may like being loud, annoying and uneducated. In that case, she would become a loud, annoying, uneducated restless spirt, who would be free to haunt you ALL THE TIME! I don't recommend this type of mercy killing for obvious reasons.

If you were to kill her for YOUR own comfort, then that would be selfish mercy. Selfish mercy is not mercy at all, it's just ... well ... selfish. And you would end up in aitch-eee--double-toothpicks, where you would suffer for eternity, which, while it may not seem like it, is much longer than a 4-hour trip to the grocery store. I really don't recommend this type of mercy killing, either.

Now, if you were to kill her to put the people in the grocery store out of THEIR misery, then that would truly be a mercy killing. You may even be canonized (but I think you'd have to perform other miracles, too, though, and maybe even be Catholic). At the very least, they might put up a plaque in the produce aisle (or wherever you finally snapped). Even though this would be the most acceptable motivation, I still don't recommend it because a prison jumpsuit would add 30 pounds to your hips.

Signed,
Crusty's CVal

(Disclaimer: No MILs were harmed, killed, or maimed in the writing of this answer. In fact, the writer of this answer does not recommend killing anyone (except in self-defense or in defense of others). Furthermore, this writer's MIL was a lovely person and was neither loud, annoying nor uneducated.)

I love you guys... always someone ready to step up & pick up my slack! :D

I did finally test... so now it is out of hands until mid-November when results come up. I feel pretty good... so now I just gotta wait.

CVal
09-15-2008, 02:52 AM
Dear Crusty,

My cat keeps getting in my way when I'm typing. In fact, I have to hold her with one arm, leaving only one hand free to type. My question is: Do you think I'll be able learn to type as quickly with one hand as I am with two? Or do you think I'll develop bad habits by doing it with only one hand?

Please reply soon, as my left arm is falling asleep holding her and it may spread to the rest of my body.

Signed,
Fuzzy

CrustySMSgt
09-15-2008, 03:15 AM
Dear Crusty,

My cat keeps getting in my way when I'm typing. In fact, I have to hold her with one arm, leaving only one hand free to type. My question is: Do you think I'll be able learn to type as quickly with one hand as I am with two? Or do you think I'll develop bad habits by doing it with only one hand?

Please reply soon, as my left arm is falling asleep holding her and it may spread to the rest of my body.

Signed,
Fuzzy

I've heard some people become quite adept at typing with on hand... and I'll leave it at that.... :D
I don't want to incur the wrath of Ms Alice, so I'll quite while I'm ahead and leave out any "cat" references. You trying to set me up to get banned?!? Talk about open doors... roflmao! :eek:

Proud Mom
09-15-2008, 03:18 AM
Dear Crusty,

My son leaves for basic training soon and I wondered.....he he he...Should I write his name in all his underwear??

Signed,
Underwear aint Cheap!

CrustySMSgt
09-15-2008, 03:21 AM
Dear Crusty,

My son leaves for basic training soon and I wondered.....he he he...Should I write his name in all his underwear??

Signed,
Underwear aint Cheap!

That would be sweet... and sign it, "Love Mom!" He'll be his TIs best friends! :D

CVal
09-15-2008, 03:25 AM
OK, the whole name-in-the-underwear thing: 1) Who would want to wear someone else's undies, anyway? Ew. 2) If I lost my undies, I sure wouldn't want anyone to know they were mine, especially if there was an annoucement about it!

And Crusty ~ you opened your own door ~ my mind didn't even go there!!!!! OK, maybe it did a little! ;)

Proud Mom
09-15-2008, 03:35 AM
That would be sweet... and sign it, "Love Mom!" He'll be his TIs best friends! :D

I keep telling him I was gonna find a way to make sure the TI gives him some extra lovin LOL

Maybe a note...Dear TI. My little man has to be in bed by 9 every night and please don't wake him up to early. His father and I don't yell at him, it might hurt his feelings.

CVal
09-18-2008, 06:50 PM
Dear Crusty,

No one has written to you in a while, I miss reading your answers (and those of your subs). Does everyone now have a perfect life that they no longer need to ask you questions? If so, I'll feel really left out.

Signed,

Pining for silliness

axscntU8_Dpstv
09-18-2008, 06:59 PM
Dear Crusty,

I got up this morning and I am very frustrated. I told the Middle Man to wash dishes last night. Now my good china has yuck on it.

Any suggestions?

Grimely,
Miss. N. Suds

CrustySMSgt
09-18-2008, 08:59 PM
Dear Crusty,

No one has written to you in a while, I miss reading your answers (and those of your subs). Does everyone now have a perfect life that they no longer need to ask you questions? If so, I'll feel really left out.

Signed,

Pining for silliness

I think you might be on to something here! Apparently just knowing Crusty et al. are here is comforting enough to have started a wave of calm spreading like wild fire. I see world peace in the near future! :D

CrustySMSgt
09-18-2008, 09:05 PM
Dear Crusty,

I got up this morning and I am very frustrated. I told the Middle Man to wash dishes last night. Now my good china has yuck on it.

Any suggestions?

Grimely,
Miss. N. Suds

Grime on china isn't the worst thing... look at it like seasoning on your cast iron skillets... it'll just add to the flavor of the next meal! :)

CVal
09-18-2008, 09:05 PM
Dear Crusty,

It's my hubby's 60th birthday today, but I have to work this evening. I think I'll have time between the daytime work and the nighttime work to take him out to dinner, but there won't be time for dessert. What do you think I should do to make it up to him?

Signed,

Torn between two ....

CVal
09-18-2008, 09:09 PM
I think you might be on to something here! Apparently just knowing Crusty et al. are here is comforting enough to have started a wave of calm spreading like wild fire. I see world peace in the near future! :D

Dear Crusty,

The problem with this scenario is that as we become calm and peaceful, we no longer feel a need to write to you. Unfortunately, as we no longer write in, we become LESS calm and peaceful. How can we balance all that to keep things smooth, with only a few little bumps?

Signed,

Calm and peaceful? Pppfffftttt.

Proud Mom
09-18-2008, 10:09 PM
Dear Crusty,

As you know my son is now at Basic Training.

Is it ok to send him his blankey and teddy?
Or will the other boys steal them for themselves?

And do they make them wear clean underwear in case of an accident?

Signed
My Baby is Gone

CrustySMSgt
09-18-2008, 10:10 PM
Dear Crusty,

It's my hubby's 60th birthday today, but I have to work this evening. I think I'll have time between the daytime work and the nighttime work to take him out to dinner, but there won't be time for dessert. What do you think I should do to make it up to him?

Signed,

Torn between two ....

Start his day off with "dessert"... after that, you could take him to MacDonalds for dinner and it will still be his best birthday ever (and since he's 60, he probably can't remember his past birthdays anyway ;) )

CrustySMSgt
09-18-2008, 10:11 PM
Dear Crusty,

The problem with this scenario is that as we become calm and peaceful, we no longer feel a need to write to you. Unfortunately, as we no longer write in, we become LESS calm and peaceful. How can we balance all that to keep things smooth, with only a few little bumps?

Signed,

Calm and peaceful? Pppfffftttt.

You are right... no matter how much zen tries to take over, we'll always have a smarg, Mcwhatever, or some other minion of the Dark Side to throw off the momentum. :( :D

CrustySMSgt
09-18-2008, 10:18 PM
Dear Crusty,

As you know my son is now at Basic Training.

Is it ok to send him his blankey and teddy?
Or will the other boys steal them for themselves?

And do they make them wear clean underwear in case of an accident?

Signed
My Baby is Gone

I'd have to vote no... chances are the blankey might become the "happy blankey" and someone would probably steal the teddy and use it for things that can't be discussed here. Sorry to rip the band-aid off mom... but your baby is now a man.

On the undies... from what I heard things have changed since my day... (insert crusty old-timer voice) "Back in my day, we used to have to fold our drawers into 4" squares. So as to not have to do this more than once after you got it right, we just wore the same pair of drawers for the entire 6 weeks. they did let us do laundy once a week or so, so clean was a relative term." :D

axscntU8_Dpstv
09-19-2008, 01:17 AM
I'd have to vote no... chances are the blankey might become the "happy blankey" and someone would probably steal the teddy and use it for things that can't be discussed here. Sorry to rip the band-aid off mom... but your baby is now a man.

On the undies... from what I heard things have changed since my day... (insert crusty old-timer voice) "Back in my day, we used to have to fold our drawers into 4" squares. So as to not have to do this more than once after you got it right, we just wore the same pair of drawers for the entire 6 weeks. they did let us do laundy once a week or so, so clean was a relative term." :D

Dear Crusty,

I tried and tried to think of different ways to wear the briefs but all I got was:

1. wear them regular
2. turn them inside out
3. regular but backwards
4. inside out backwards

Then what?????

Breezily,
Co. Man Doe

CrustySMSgt
09-19-2008, 01:31 AM
Dear Crusty,

I tried and tried to think of different ways to wear the briefs but all I got was:

1. wear them regular
2. turn them inside out
3. regular but backwards
4. inside out backwards

Then what?????

Breezily,
Co. Man Doe

You left out let it ride and then go commando, and that wraps up the week!! :eek:

Proud Mom
09-19-2008, 04:24 AM
Dear Crusty,

What's a happy blanket and what's goin commando in your unders?

Confused Mom

CrustySMSgt
09-19-2008, 04:28 AM
Dear Crusty,

What's a happy blanket and what's goin commando in your unders?

Confused Mom

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=going+commando

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Happy%20Sock

axscntU8_Dpstv
09-19-2008, 04:32 AM

Ewwwwwww

Double EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!

CrustySMSgt
09-19-2008, 04:33 AM
[quote=CrustySMSgt;136096]

[quote]

Ewwwwwww

Be careful what you ask for, you just might get it! :D
I just answer the questions... don't shoot the messenger! :tongue:

axscntU8_Dpstv
09-19-2008, 04:34 AM
LOL!!!! :)

Proud Mom
09-19-2008, 04:48 AM

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww lmao

I'm hidin the blankey!! LOL

No WONDER they want them to have so many socks!!!!

CVal
09-19-2008, 12:25 PM
Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww lmao

So THAT'S where all the lost socks go!

Measure Man
09-19-2008, 12:34 PM
Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww lmao

Now you know what to send in the care packages....

Your_Name_Here
09-19-2008, 12:37 PM

Yes--they're not just for hungry clothes dryers!!!;)

Your_Name_Here
09-19-2008, 12:43 PM
Ewwwwwww

Just a little reminder that going "Commando" isn't just a "guy" thing....
A certain Pop star named Britney famously "went Commando" too. ;)

Measure Man
09-19-2008, 01:04 PM

I'm afraid we've just let out a secret that men have kept for hundreds of years...

CVal
09-19-2008, 01:14 PM
I'm just astounded at how quickly MM and YNH have jumped on here so quickly to confirm Crusty's comments. I'll never look at a sock the same way again!

http://i405.photobucket.com/albums/pp131/RoxyItaly/Lil_pink_sock.jpg

Proud Mom
09-19-2008, 01:28 PM
I'm just astounded at how quickly MM and YNH have jumped on here so quickly to confirm Crusty's comments. I'll never look at a sock the same way again!

http://i405.photobucket.com/albums/pp131/RoxyItaly/Lil_pink_sock.jpg

Bet you start wondering when your husband is panicking because he can't find his "favorite" pair of socks lmao

Adding socks to the list of things to buy....I'm sure a cotton sock is best...absorbant.....SWEAT....absorbs sweat....geesh folks :eek:

axscntU8_Dpstv
09-19-2008, 02:45 PM
Proud Mom!!! I am shocked!! LOL

Dear Crusty

Okay, so is there a preference to the type of sock? I normally buy my man anklets but after the recent revelation I am wondering if perhaps tube socks would be better.

Sin-cerely,
Shooter's Lover

P.S. What about the color? Should I stay away from black socks?

CrustySMSgt
09-19-2008, 03:25 PM
Proud Mom!!! I am shocked!! LOL

Dear Crusty

Okay, so is there a preference to the type of sock? I normally buy my man anklets but after the recent revelation I am wondering if perhaps tube socks would be better.

Sin-cerely,
Shooter's Lover

P.S. What about the color? Should I stay away from black socks?

ROFLMAO!

If you notice him staring longingly at the rack of tube socks as you're walking through Walmart, then you are probably on to something!

Proud Mom
09-19-2008, 04:41 PM
ROFLMAO!

If you notice him staring longingly at the rack of tube socks as you're walking through Walmart, then you are probably on to something!

If you notice him staring longingly at tube socks RUN LIKE HELL :eek:

CVal
09-19-2008, 05:24 PM
Oh, great! Now whenever I see a man with a package of socks, I'll compare the size of the socks to the size of his ..... feet! :)

Proud Mom
09-19-2008, 05:29 PM
Oh, great! Now whenever I see a man with a package of socks, I'll compare the size of the socks to the size of his ..... feet! :)

LOL..good save there cuz

CVal
09-19-2008, 05:37 PM
LOL..good save there cuz

I'm just afraid, now, that my mind will be swirling next time I go to Wal-Mart for socks! <shudder> Now, I know some men are prone to bragging about size of their .... feet. Does that mean they buy socks a size up from what they really need to make it seem like their ... feet .... are actually bigger than they really are?

Sheesh. I'm thinking waaay too much about this!

caliny
09-19-2008, 05:41 PM
awww geez.... :tongue:

Your_Name_Here
09-19-2008, 05:45 PM
I'm just afraid, now, that my mind will be swirling next time I go to Wal-Mart for socks! <shudder> Now, I know some men are prone to bragging about size of their .... feet. Does that mean they buy socks a size up from what they really need to make it seem like their ... feet .... are actually bigger than they really are?

Sheesh. I'm thinking waaay too much about this!

But really tho--who can blame you? It's GENETICS!!! ;) :tongue:

That said, since the usual comparison being made is to the feet themselves--let's just say I for one am grateful for a shoe size in double-digits! :tongue: :tongue: :D

CVal
09-19-2008, 05:51 PM

That said, since the usual comparison being made is to the feet themselves--let's just say I for one am grateful for a shoe size in double-digits! :tongue: :tongue: :D

<stunned silence>

axscntU8_Dpstv
09-19-2008, 05:52 PM

ROFLMAO!!!

I am sure your honey is grateful as well.

I know I was pleased with X's size 13s!!!

Proud Mom
09-19-2008, 05:55 PM

HELP ME....I fallen and I can't get up.....ROFLMAO....giggling like a loon

Wanna get married!!!

~holding my sides..laughing...tears...damn floor is cold~

MissS
09-19-2008, 09:39 PM
ROFLMAO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and i thought i had heard it all when i was on the bad buss my goodness

THELADYKT
09-19-2008, 09:43 PM

That was priceless....

MissS
09-19-2008, 09:48 PM
oops typo not bad buss i ment BAND buss lol im such a goof :)

CVal
09-19-2008, 09:50 PM
ROFLMAO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and i thought i had heard it all when i was on the bad buss my goodness

Ahhhhhh, we'd fit in on the bad bus!!! Woo hoo!

Hey MissS, PM and I are a couple of *ahem* more mature-aged women (notice: I did not say "mature." I said, "mature-aged.") I just love shocking the younger generation!!!

CVal
09-19-2008, 09:50 PM
oops typo not bad buss i ment BAND buss lol im such a goof :)

Arggg.... I liked bad bus better! (Of course, that would imply you'd been worthy of the bad bus ... :tongue: )

THELADYKT
09-19-2008, 09:51 PM
Ahhhhhh, we'd fit in on the bad bus!!! Woo hoo!

Hey MissS, PM and I are a couple of *ahem* more mature-aged women (notice: I did not say "mature." I said, "mature-aged.") I just love shocking the younger generation!!!

me too me too...... to both counts. LOL

THELADYKT
09-19-2008, 09:53 PM
Arggg.... I liked bad bus better! (Of course, that would imply you'd been worthy of the bad bus ... :tongue: )

Speaking of busses..... I remember our JROTC trips.....Lights coming on at night and the bus driver calling for hand checks......

CVal
09-19-2008, 09:56 PM
I always disliked being a chaperone on a busful of adolescents in the dark. <shudder>

axscntU8_Dpstv
09-19-2008, 09:59 PM
This conversation reminds me of a joke:

A rich lonely widow decided that she needed another man in her life so she placed an ad, which read something like this:

RICH WIDOW LOOKING FOR MAN TO SHARE LIFE AND FORTUNE ...NEEDS TO HAVE THESE QUALIFICATIONS:

1) WON'T BEAT ME UP
2) WON'T RUN AWAY
3) HAS TO BE GREAT IN BED

For several months, her phone rang off the hook, her doorbell was ringing constantly, she received tons of mail, etc., all to no avail: none seemed to match her qualifications.

Then one day the doorbell rang yet again. She opened the door to find a man with no arms and no legs lying on the welcome mat.

Perplexed, she asked, "Who are you? And what do you want?"

"Hi," he said, " your search is over, for I'm the man of your dreams. I've got no arms so I can't beat you up and no legs so I can't run away."

"Well, then," she said, "what makes you think that you're so great in bed?"

To which he replied,..... "Well, I rang the doorbell, didn't I?

And I remember being on the "bad bus" hahahaha!!!

CVal
09-19-2008, 10:07 PM
PM, LadyKT, MIssS, Ax ~ I do believe we'd benefit from a ladies' night out, the five of us. We'd have loads of fun!

MissS
09-19-2008, 10:07 PM
lol wow yeah i remember the hand check and finding the two who snuck back to the bathroom to"make out" lol hilarious times

MissS
09-19-2008, 10:09 PM
oh i love ladies nights out they are great :)

CVal
09-19-2008, 10:12 PM
lol wow yeah i remember the hand check and finding the two who snuck back to the bathroom to"make out" lol hilarious times

Two people actually fit into one of those bus potties??? Wow. I'm impressed. Those are tiny.

MissS
09-19-2008, 10:14 PM
oh more than two can fit in there we had our entire drum line in one buss pottie at one time it was awsome

CVal
09-19-2008, 10:14 PM
oh more than two can fit in there we had our entire drum line in one buss pottie at one time it was awsome

Oh. My. Gosh.

MissS
09-19-2008, 10:25 PM
lol yeah those where great time but i never knew some much about ...feet size and other interesting topics till those buss right lol

CVal
09-19-2008, 10:40 PM
lol yeah those where great time but i never knew some much about ...feet size and other interesting topics till those buss right lol

SOTFLMDFHO.

(Screaming on the floor, laughing my dang fool head off)

CrustySMSgt
09-19-2008, 11:24 PM
Dang, y'all were busy while I was asleep... lol

MissS
09-19-2008, 11:48 PM
oh just a lil buzzy

axscntU8_Dpstv
09-20-2008, 01:46 AM
Ladies night out is awesome! LOL. I am way hilarious when tipsy. Or so I'm told!

Proud Mom
09-20-2008, 03:39 AM
Good heavens, I go away to cook dinner and eat and ge tthe clean bed clothes on the beds and you guys had a party without me!!

Crusty can't you control these women!!! lmao

CVal
09-20-2008, 04:18 AM
Well, I had two margaritas. Yum.

MissS
09-20-2008, 06:00 AM
man pass some of those margaritas my way :) :P lol

Your_Name_Here
09-20-2008, 09:34 AM
man pass some of those margaritas my way :) :P lol

Which kind: Traditional or Strawberry?

Me personally, I like, among other things, straight Malibu on the rocks!!! :D :D :D
YUUUUUUUUUMMMMM YUM!!!

MissS
09-20-2008, 06:56 PM
hmm i like the blue ones there really fruity tasting though lol if i was really drinkin it would be southern comfort and captain morgan now thats yummy and maybe a few shot of hot dam (<-- best alcohol ever taste like those cinnimon candies) lol but any way if were just drinkin for fun i want a strawberry daiquiri :) lol ... so whos house we meeting up at for all this fun ???

CVal
09-21-2008, 02:17 AM
First we had Applebee's "Perfect Margarita." It was good, but it was on the rocks, not frozen, and I prefer frozen. Then we went with our tried-and-true wildberry/mango swirl for dessert.

Your_Name_Here
09-21-2008, 03:23 AM
First we had Applebee's "Perfect Margarita." It was good, but it was on the rocks, not frozen, and I prefer frozen. Then we went with our tried-and-true wildberry/mango swirl for dessert.

Been ages since the last time I did Applebee's. Didn't/Don't they have a chocolatey and/or minty adult beverage on the menu? I do remember that it and certain other concoctions could be made "virgin" style.

CVal
09-21-2008, 03:33 AM
I wasn't looking for chocolatey/minty beverages. We went for the margarita. We let the waitress talk us into getting the "Perfect Margarita" because she was in some kind of contest. I liked the flavor, but I prefer frozen.

MissS
09-22-2008, 03:59 AM
wow i just got to looking at the original post on this, man i should proabably read more lol but anywho i read the post and found out the purpose for this threat is to ask crusty stuff we need help on soo to get the thread back on track...

Dear Crusty,

what is the hardest part of deployment??? what is the best things to reciece in care packages??? do ya'll really show off the pic that girlfriends send (the interesting ones")??? what the best thing when coming back i want to plan but everyone tell me not to just to let the first day go by smoothly and the rest will follow???

axscntU8_Dpstv
09-22-2008, 04:04 AM
AWWWWWWW the first real question. ^^^^^^^

I like it.

**dabbing at tear in eye**

CrustySMSgt
09-22-2008, 04:15 AM
wow i just got to looking at the original post on this, man i should proabably read more lol but anywho i read the post and found out the purpose for this threat is to ask crusty stuff we need help on soo to get the thread back on track...

Dear Crusty,

what is the hardest part of deployment??? what is the best things to reciece in care packages??? do ya'll really show off the pic that girlfriends send (the interesting ones")??? what the best thing when coming back i want to plan but everyone tell me not to just to let the first day go by smoothly and the rest will follow???

Hardest part of deployment? from which side? Having been on both sides (my wife is AD also), the hardest part about staying home is continiung to live your everyday life alone. Everything reminds you of them... you've got to suck up all the stuff they used to do. Being deployed is easy... all you've got to do is get integrated to your new routine and work your ass off everyday until you leave.

Care packages are tough... best to ask. If your deployed member has something special they like but can't get there (besides you), then that is cool. At most places you get fed decently, so sending "gee whiz" food stuff "just because" is over rated. Special momentos they can put around their bunk/cot are nice... we always dig the perfumed letter... nothing like the familiar smell of your gal to take you back home!

I've never shared my "interesting" pictures... and can't say that I've ever been showed one. I will admit to having been bored and snooped around on some of the morale computers (before log ons were so compartmentalized) and found some very interesting things people had saved to the computer! :eek:

Having grand plans for a homecoming is great... but they've got to be flixible. THere is a lot of hings to adjust to... especially for those whove been "in the shit." They may have flown all day/night, and no matter how much they want to catch up, they may not be up to doing anything but sleeping. Don't take it personally... being out of their stressful environment, plus travelling for up to 24+ hours, plus time zone changes makes it very hard to stay up... no matter how excited you are to be home. Best to take things easy for a day or two and just enjoy being back together. Then get out & do something.

Just a few things I've learned... YMMV

Proud Mom
09-23-2008, 03:40 AM
I had to google YMMV to see what it meant LOL

Crusty, that was a real question on here!! Wow...I'm impressed my dear.

CrustySMSgt
09-23-2008, 04:26 AM
I had to google YMMV to see what it meant LOL

Crusty, that was a real question on here!! Wow...I'm impressed my dear.

Scary... knowing there might really be serious questions on here instead of a bunch of smart-asses goofing off is a lot of pressure! :D

Your_Name_Here
09-23-2008, 12:30 PM
Scary... knowing there might really be serious questions on here instead of a bunch of smart-asses goofing off is a lot of pressure! :D

Dear Crusty,

Would it help relieve some of that pressure if "we" goofed off some more?:tongue: :D :D

CVal
09-23-2008, 12:40 PM
I just went back and counted (and I lost count several times due to laughing)

19 pages
182 posts
2 guest answerers
3 pages dedicated to Crusty's chiefs test and underwear
4 pages dedicated to *ahem* socks and blankies
33 fun questions
1 serious question

Crusty ~ I don't think you need to worry about too many hard questions.

Thanks, MissS, for giving us one more thing to make fun of Crusty about!! And yes, perhaps we ought to have a serious question here and there.

MissS
09-23-2008, 01:54 PM
no problem i like to change things up every now and then its amuzing...

ok i gots a new question ...

dear crust or who ever want to answer,

i was in class yesterday and we were joking around and the guys where being perverts and the term glad water came up does anyone know what this is... i now know what it is i was just wondering if anyone else has heard the term???

Proud Mom
09-23-2008, 02:25 PM

i was in class yesterday and we were joking around and the guys where being perverts and the term glad water came up does anyone know what this is... i now know what it is i was just wondering if anyone else has heard the term???

Never heard of it....edumacate me Missy

Proud Mom
09-23-2008, 02:26 PM
I just went back and counted (and I lost count several times due to laughing)

19 pages
182 posts
2 guest answerers
3 pages dedicated to Crusty's chiefs test and underwear
4 pages dedicated to *ahem* socks and blankies
33 fun questions
1 serious question

Crusty ~ I don't think you need to worry about too many hard questions.

Thanks, MissS, for giving us one more thing to make fun of Crusty about!! And yes, perhaps we ought to have a serious question here and there.

lmao...4 pages for the "happy socks"....that's too freakin hilarious

CVal
09-23-2008, 06:41 PM
To the Curious MissS,

I just looked up happy water on urban dictionary dot com, and they don't have it! It must either be a really new term, or very local to your area. I also looked up water. Water can be used to refer to pcp or hydro marijuana.

Given that definition, I would sincerely hope you stay faaaar, faaaar away from those boys.

Signed,
Anti-drug abuse Mom

P.S. If they were using it in a sexual way, then I would hope you would stay faaar, faaar away from those boys. Who know when the last time was they washed their hands. Ew.

Proud Mom
09-23-2008, 07:49 PM
That's it...a bottle of Purell is staying on the bar now....ewww....Missy!! Just stay away from boys PERIOD!!

Proud Mom
09-23-2008, 07:59 PM
Dear Crusty,

I have a question I'm sure millions of women across America need the answer too.

When your eating out in public...and food falls down the front of your shirt and into your bra....what do you do next?

Do you reach in and grab it out?
Do you do a shimmy to dislodge it?
Do you ask your man to get it out?

This is a serious question as I just had chocolate muffin go down the front of my shirt!!!

Help,
Crumb Catchers

axscntU8_Dpstv
09-23-2008, 08:13 PM
Dear Crusty,

I have a question I'm sure millions of women across America need the answer too.

When your eating out in public...and food falls down the front of your shirt and into your bra....what do you do next?

This is a serious question as I just had chocolate muffin go down the front of my shirt!!!

Help,
Crumb Catchers

ROFLMAO

I only want my man to get it out with his.....mouth! hahahahaha

axscntU8_Dpstv
09-23-2008, 08:14 PM

Please share the answer!!!!!!!!!!!

THELADYKT
09-23-2008, 08:18 PM
Not sure I want to know the answer. Ewwww

MissS
09-23-2008, 09:23 PM
well i hope i dont get in trouble for sharing the answer but they told me that is was pre-cum

Proud Mom
09-23-2008, 09:56 PM
well i hope i dont get in trouble for sharing the answer but they told me that is was pre-cum

ohhhh myyyy...Go stand in the corner young lady!! And you are grounded from hanging out with THOSE boys again!! lmao

I figured it had to be sexually related but I couldn't figure it out....pre-cum equals glad water....now go wash your hands!! :eek: ;)

CrustySMSgt
09-23-2008, 10:08 PM

Got me on that one... no Google hits; must be a localized term.

THELADYKT
09-23-2008, 10:10 PM
I knew I didnt want to know.......ewwwww.....

CrustySMSgt
09-23-2008, 10:14 PM
Dear Crusty,

Help,
Crumb CatchersFIRST OF ALL... Chocolate is not merely FOOD... come on PM. :D

In this instance, if I were you, I'd leave it there, lean over and whisper in my man's ear, letting him know there was currently chocolate melting all over my crumb catchers, and I expect him to participate in removing it when we got home. :D :tongue: :D

OK, I missed the muffin part, got distracted by chocolate and it all went downhill from there... lol
My vote is for the shimmying!! :D :D

CrustySMSgt
09-23-2008, 10:15 PM

all righty then... so now we know... lol

axscntU8_Dpstv
09-23-2008, 10:34 PM

EWWWWWWWWWWW!!! EWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!

hawk71049
09-24-2008, 08:16 AM
EWWWWWWWWWWW!!! EWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!

I double ditto that....
I swear these youngens these days…

ohhhh myyyy...Go stand in the corner young lady!! And you are grounded from hanging out with THOSE boys again!! lmao

I figured it had to be sexually related but I couldn't figure it out....pre-cum equals glad water....now go wash your hands!! :eek: ;)

PM,

I don't know whether to laugh or cry... <chuckles>
We all needed that little bit of info… right!
Now I know just in case, someone asks… [you just never know these a days]
Hell I had to dig to find your response (thinking you may not have one)

so,
Being the nice guy and all (he he he he)
I was going to tell MissS to go wash her mouth out…
Now, that of course was for just sharing you know…
Then I got to thinking…
OMG… what would that imply…

Then I read your response… lmao
So I thought, one good turn deserves another… he he he

Well, there sweetie…
PM, say grounded… that just might be a problem…
I say go set in the corner, double time... and put your nose in it too…
Then go to isle 18 and get a bar of good old… Lysol Soap…
And wash your mouth out….
Then go to the chawk board...
and write... well that word... you know....
500 times...
Then a 120 word SA explainging the proper use of this word... Lmao

CVal
09-24-2008, 12:21 PM
Dear Crusty,

My foil undies have given me a bad case of contact dermatitis. If lined my foil panties with my full-coverage granny panties, would the foil still be an effective deterent against alien and/or governmental penetration?

Signed,

Squirming

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c280/julieponder/anti-santa-foil.gif

CrustySMSgt
09-24-2008, 02:07 PM
Dear Crusty,

My foil undies have given me a bad case of contact dermatitis. If lined my foil panties with my full-coverage granny panties, would the foil still be an effective deterent against alien and/or governmental penetration?

Signed,

Squirming

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c280/julieponder/anti-santa-foil.gif

No worries, foil works above or under... if it was that easy to block the effects of foil, you'd have to shave your head before wrapping it around your melon.

MissS
09-24-2008, 02:15 PM
:( i dont wanna sit in the corner :( you cant make me ;) lol .....

axscntU8_Dpstv
09-24-2008, 02:23 PM
Well, there sweetie…
PM, say grounded… that just might be a problem…
I say go set in the corner, double time... and put your nose in it too…
Then go to isle 18 and get a bar of good old… Lysol Soap…
And wash your mouth out….
Then go to the chawk board...
and write... well that word... you know....
500 times...
Then a 120 word SA explainging the proper use of this word... Lmao

Hawk you are forgetting....She TYPED it. So technically she needs to wash her hands in Lysol Soap, dip them in bleach and then sit on them!!!

LOL

CVal
09-24-2008, 04:22 PM
FIRST OF ALL... Chocolate is not merely FOOD... come on PM. :D

In this instance, if I were you, I'd leave it there, lean over and whisper in my man's ear, letting him know there was currently chocolate melting all over my crumb catchers, and I expect him to participate in removing it when we got home. :D :tongue: :D

OK, I missed the muffin part, got distracted by chocolate and it all went downhill from there... lol
My vote is for the shimmying!! :D :D

Whoaaaa, a man more interested in chocolate than in crumb catchers!!! :D

hawk71049
09-24-2008, 05:26 PM
:( i dont wanna sit in the corner :( you cant make me ;) lol .....

EVil mind goes to work..he haw!
i know b-4 she come into class room...
i put super strength super glue on seat...
then she learn discipline...
good old fashion way...
listening a good trait...

hawk71049
09-24-2008, 05:30 PM
Hawk you are forgetting....She TYPED it. So technically she needs to wash her hands in Lysol Soap, dip them in bleach and then sit on them!!!

LOL

you prolly right…
but then i was thinking..
if she have those thoughts in her mind all day…
she prolly tell all her friends…
then the words out…
and is this what we want all out little sweet innocent pre teens learning…
then wala…. Lysol… it will take the bark off a tree…:eek:

CrustySMSgt
09-24-2008, 09:37 PM
Whoaaaa, a man more interested in chocolate than in crumb catchers!!! :D

I don't know if I'd go quite THAT far... lol

CVal
09-26-2008, 04:02 PM
Dear Crusty,

I just read that PETA has recommended that Ben and Jerry's use human milk in its ice cream products because the bovine milk-producing industry is cruel. (And it's ok to be cruel to human moms?!?!?! But I digress). They acknowledged that it is an implausible plan, but I'm afraid many readers of on-line news won't read that far down in the story. Ben and Jerry's, by the way, said, in effect, NO WAY! They get all their milk from Vermont cows.

My concern/question: I'm afraid Cajun's Girl's head will explode over this, given her reaction to PETA antics in the past. What's the best way to clean the resulting gunk and hair from the inside of my computer monitor?

Signed,

Not Mooing in Illinois

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26892950/wid/11915773?GT1=31037

Cajun's Girl
09-26-2008, 06:53 PM
Dear Crusty,

I just read that PETA has recommended that Ben and Jerry's use human milk in its ice cream products because the bovine milk-producing industry is cruel. (And it's ok to be cruel to human moms?!?!?! But I digress). They acknowledged that it is an implausible plan, but I'm afraid many readers of on-line news won't read that far down in the story. Ben and Jerry's, by the way, said, in effect, NO WAY! They get all their milk from Vermont cows.

My concern/question: I'm afraid Cajun's Girl's head will explode over this, given her reaction to PETA antics in the past. What's the best way to clean the resulting gunk and hair from the inside of my computer monitor?

Signed,

Not Mooing in Illinois

You said it Cval!!!!!!!!!!! I did see that last night on MSN..though I didn't read it the headline said it all.......Who's gonna milk those poor cow's teets if they ain't needed for milk? Tsk Tsk PETA. Haha...whether PETA is actually being serious or not they obviously trying to make another lame statement. At least this time they didn't compare milking cows to the lynching of black people....or the Holocaust! (Which for those of you who don't know..yes they HAVE stooped that low)

CrustySMSgt
09-26-2008, 11:39 PM
Dear Crusty,

Signed,

Not Mooing in Illinois

whew... glad to see we all survived and she laughed it off... :D

What a bunch of nuts! :rolleyes:

Rev Mike Large
09-29-2008, 03:42 PM
Dear Crusty,
I also read about PETA's plan to substitute human breast milk for cow milk in Ben & Jerry's ice cream.
Two questions:
Why only Ben & Jerry's?
and
Where can I sign up to do the milking?

LOL
Laughingly yours,
The Ir-Reverent Rev

CVal
09-29-2008, 03:50 PM
Dear Crusty,
I also read about PETA's plan to substitute human breast milk for cow milk in Ben & Jerry's ice cream.
Two questions:
Why only Ben & Jerry's?
and

LOL
Laughingly yours,
The Ir-Reverent Rev

<snort> Men!!! <snort>

CrustySMSgt
09-29-2008, 03:53 PM
I gotta start listening to my own advice... Mrs Crusty just left for her fun filled 6 weeks of the SNCO Academy. :(

Cajun's Girl
09-29-2008, 04:46 PM
Dear Crusty,
Two questions:
Why only Ben & Jerry's?
and

LOL
Laughingly yours,
The Ir-Reverent Rev

:eek:!!!!!!

Hey I got news for you, they have breasts pumps in the 21st Century! You know damn well Ben and Jerry's wouldn't hire hand milkers (although they'd probably work for free! LOL) However..pregnant or nursing mothers may not be so fun to be around let alone excited to be fondled at that point through the birthing process lmao.

Cajun's Girl
09-29-2008, 04:48 PM
I gotta start listening to my own advice... Mrs Crusty just left for her fun filled 6 weeks of the SNCO Academy. :(

Awww:( We will help you stay busy while she's training!

CrustySMSgt
09-29-2008, 08:56 PM
Awww:( We will help you stay busy while she's training!

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Proud Mom
09-29-2008, 09:05 PM

Tell her to be good and listen to the teacher, to raise her hand when she has a question and to always use hand sanitizer after using the public bathroom and we can all run amuck to help you pass the time!! :D

CrustySMSgt
09-29-2008, 09:09 PM
Tell her to be good and listen to the teacher, to raise her hand when she has a question and to always use hand sanitizer after using the public bathroom and we can all run amuck to help you pass the time!! :D

lol... she uses hand sanitizer by the gallon, so she's got that one! :D

Proud Mom
09-29-2008, 09:14 PM
We'll have to get the Muck Boss involved in some running amuck projects to keep you occupied.

Rev Mike Large
09-29-2008, 09:30 PM
:eek:!!!!!!

Hey I got news for you, they have breasts pumps in the 21st Century! You know damn well Ben and Jerry's wouldn't hire hand milkers (although they'd probably work for free! LOL) However..pregnant or nursing mothers may not be so fun to be around let alone excited to be fondled at that point through the birthing process lmao.

LOL -- ain't that the truth!!

I'm a daddy of 5, and believe me... I know all about that bizniz!! ;)

CrustySMSgt
09-29-2008, 09:37 PM
LOL -- ain't that the truth!!

I'm a daddy of 5, and believe me... I know all about that bizniz!! ;)

With 5 kids, you definitely know something about some kind of bizniz! :eek: :D

Rev Mike Large
09-29-2008, 09:43 PM
With 5 kids, you definitely know something about some kind of bizniz! :eek: :D

LOL -- I could write a book on it: "How to score 5 times in 10 years of Marriage" and it could be subtitled:
"Once every two years, whether you need it or not!"

;)

CVal
09-30-2008, 12:38 AM
We'll have to get the Muck Boss involved in some running amuck projects to keep you occupied.

Oh nooooo, the pressure! The pressure!

CrustySMSgt
09-30-2008, 02:40 AM
I just want to know who'll be putting my 0500 cup of coffee on my nightstand every morning!

http://www.reallynatural.com/archives/Coffee%20Lover.jpg

caliny
09-30-2008, 02:45 AM
awww...crusty. :) *hugs*

axscntU8_Dpstv
09-30-2008, 02:47 AM
I just want to know how they do that.

CVal
09-30-2008, 03:00 AM
I just want to know who'll be putting my 0500 cup of coffee on my nightstand every morning!

http://www.reallynatural.com/archives/Coffee%20Lover.jpg

Is this like the joke:
Patient: Doctor, will I be able to play piano after this hand surgery?
Doctor: Yes, you'll have full use of your hand.
Patient: Good. I've always wanted to play piano.

Proud Mom
10-01-2008, 04:03 AM
So how do they get the heart in the darn thing like that all cute and swirly looking

Proud Mom
10-01-2008, 04:07 AM
We can email you pictures of coffee ...lets see....5 am there....start with me in eastern...I add 9 hours ahead??.....drats..I forget

Proud Mom
10-01-2008, 04:09 AM
Oh nooooo, the pressure! The pressure!

Jeopardy music is playing waiting on you deviousness to show....can you hear it!! ;)

axscntU8_Dpstv
10-01-2008, 02:15 PM
So how do they get the heart in the darn thing like that all cute and swirly looking

I think it's an ancient Chinese secret 'cause it looks like no one knows.

CVal
10-01-2008, 02:24 PM
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080822071149AA4jvLZ

This, girlies, is one place where people dared to answer the heart-shaped coffee question.

Also go to http://www.home-barista.com/resources.html and click on latte art.

As for me, though, I'll stick to snowman-shaped pancakes!

Rev Mike Large
10-01-2008, 06:45 PM
I'm an expert maker of Mickey Mouse pancakes, myself. LOL

CVal
10-01-2008, 06:47 PM
Oh, yea, I'm good at Mickey Mouse, too. Ever made a turtle?

THELADYKT
10-01-2008, 07:06 PM
I think it's an ancient Chinese secret 'cause it looks like no one knows.

ancient Chinese secret......wasn't that a commercial???

Proud Mom
10-01-2008, 09:58 PM
ancient Chinese secret......wasn't that a commercial???

Silly goose...your thinking of the Colonels secret recipe for his chicken

Proud Mom
10-01-2008, 10:00 PM
I'm an expert maker of Mickey Mouse pancakes, myself. LOL

Oh, yea, I'm good at Mickey Mouse, too. Ever made a turtle?

Oh..oh...oh...oh...I can do those too!!!

And make faces out of berries and whipped cream....yep...faces!!

THELADYKT
10-01-2008, 10:10 PM
Silly goose...your thinking of the Colonels secret recipe for his chicken

Nah. Gotta love search engines.....it was a calgon commercial....http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calgon#.22Ancient_Chinese_secret.2C_huh.3F.22

Proud Mom
10-01-2008, 10:15 PM
Nah. Gotta love search engines.....it was a calgon commercial....http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calgon#.22Ancient_Chinese_secret.2C_huh.3F.22

Calgon.....take me away.....and then the big muscle bound guy with the long hair comes and takes your hand.....oh wait....that's the I can't believe it isn't butter commercial

THELADYKT
10-01-2008, 10:18 PM
Calgon.....take me away.....and then the big muscle bound guy with the long hair comes and takes your hand.....oh wait....that's the I can't believe it isn't butter commercial

That is calgon too but this was from some water softener that I don't think they make anymore......and Don't squeeze the charmin.....

Proud Mom
10-01-2008, 10:22 PM
That is calgon too but this was from some water softener that I don't think they make anymore......and Don't squeeze the charmin.....

yeah, that really pisses Mr. Whipple off big time

axscntU8_Dpstv
10-01-2008, 10:36 PM
Wasn't the Ancient Chinese Secret a commercial for laundry detergent?

And how sad are we that 1. We can recall the sayings and 2. We're getting so old it's hard to associate them with the correct brand name.

Proud Mom
10-01-2008, 10:42 PM

And how sad are we that 1. We can recall the sayings and 2. We're getting so old it's hard to associate them with the correct brand name.

Are ya sure ya old broad you that the ancient chinese secret wasn't for weight loss?......uhhhhh....wait...that's green tea...this oldER broad is gonna go put her ham in the oven if I can remember where the damn thing is at

THELADYKT
10-01-2008, 10:50 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calgon#...t.2C_huh.3F.22 it was a water softener according to this.

Proud Mom
10-01-2008, 10:55 PM
[edit (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Calgon&action=edit&section=4)] "Ancient Chinese secret, huh?"

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a4/Calgon_water_softener_logo.jpg (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Calgon_water_softener_logo.jpg) http://en.wikipedia.org/skins-1.5/common/images/magnify-clip.png (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Calgon_water_softener_logo.jpg)
Reckitt Benckiser's Calgon logo

A famous commercial from the early 70s, a classic that ran for years, was for Calgon Water Softener.
A Caucasian woman with an American accent asks "Mr. Lee" (played by Calvin Jung (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calvin_Jung)), a laundry shop owner, how he gets her shirts so clean. He replies, with what appears to be a Chinese accent (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinglish), "Ancient Chinese secret."
The scene changes to Mrs. Lee, who is in an adjoining room. Mrs. Lee appears ethnically (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnically) Chinese, but she speaks English with a thoroughly American accent (the voice was overdubbed in the commercial), and explains to the audience that her husband's "ancient Chinese secret" is that he uses Calgon water softener.
Mrs. Lee ultimately gives the secret away by sticking her head into the front room where Mr. Lee and the customer are standing, and shouts "We need more Calgon!" To which the customer replies "Ancient Chinese secret, huh?" while Mr. Lee accepts the exposure with good humor.
The actress playing Mrs. Lee, Anne Miyamoto, was actually Japanese-American.

CVal
10-02-2008, 04:39 AM
Okey dokey. <grabbing hold of thread to pull it back on topic>

Dear Crusty,

A male friend of mine has been left in charge of hearth and home whilst the wife is away at some miltary something-or-other training. He had expressed that he thought he might feel overwhelmed as time went on. I haven't heard from him lately and am growing concerned. My question is: Would I be sexist if I asked why it seems men alone at home have a harder time than women home alone?

Signed,
Superwoman (AKA Retired Navy Wife)

P.S. Did you have to go buy some new socks yet? ;)

Proud Mom
10-02-2008, 04:47 AM

Dear Crusty

DO NOT answer that.....ewwww...ick....I don't wanna know!!! lmao

CrustySMSgt
10-02-2008, 04:53 AM

Dear Crusty,

A male friend of mine has been left in charge of hearth and home whilst the wife is away at some miltary something-or-other training. He had expressed that he thought he might feel overwhelmed as time went on. I haven't heard from him lately and am growing concerned. My question is: Would I be sexist if I asked why it seems men alone at home have a harder time than women home alone?

Signed,
Superwoman (AKA Retired Navy Wife)

Why do guys have so much trouble when left home alone... because we are used to being lazy and letting our wives do everything! We take her for granted, overlooking the pile of laundry, the floor that needs vaccuumed and all that... until they are gone and we are forced to do it ourselves! So when she gets back, we bable on about how much we appreciate her, not realizing how much she does and make empty promises about carrying our weight from now on... which last a week or two and then we're right back to normal. :cool:

Socks... I was looking aroud on line, because you know the overseas BX doesn't have crap and found these! :D

Nookie Extreme Socks (http://www.roho.co.uk/acatalog/Robin_Hood_WS_Boots_and_Shoes_1033.html)

http://www.roho.co.uk/acatalog/NookieKevlarSocks06.jpg

CVal
10-02-2008, 04:57 AM
Glad to see you're alive and well. Although I really don't want to know why you'd need extreme socks. ;)

My friend J lived in Oki for several years and had to buy shoes whenever she came home for a visit because she has long, narrow feet.