PDA

View Full Version : Flight Engineer retraining

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17

Hendo
07-20-2012, 12:44 AM
SF600! hah. I don't have mine, i emailed the functional see what he wants to do about my SERE date.

I think I was telling you about that the other day. Crazy I never realized you were you until today. Asked your pissmate who his roomate was, was like yup, probably him.

nipstatus
07-20-2012, 03:34 AM
Awesome your heading out the door. make sure you get your SERE briefing from your flight medicine peeps. Form 600 or something like that, a lot of guys didn't have it when I got here for training. You HAVE to have it before SERE. Have lots of 1042s, and keep everything on you, paperwork wise. When you get here, study, study, like over 4 hours daily, including weekends, you don't want to fail at all in fundies or anything. It just gets harder with each block. 3, 4, 5 are the ruff ones.

Thanks a lot buddy. Leaving here in a few days. Making a list of things I need to pack. Hopefully I have everything.

Hendo
07-20-2012, 12:08 PM
Thanks a lot buddy. Leaving here in a few days. Making a list of things I need to pack. Hopefully I have everything.

You don't need AF PT gear at all.

prelude657
07-24-2012, 07:32 AM
Has anybody got an update on what planes are available? what has been the highest rank in the classes right now? Are they still letting the highest ranking person get first dibs on the aircraft?

Hendo
07-24-2012, 06:03 PM
Has anybody got an update on what planes are available? what has been the highest rank in the classes right now? Are they still letting the highest ranking person get first dibs on the aircraft?

TSgt, also airframes are not based on rank. It mostly is where your stationed. Otherwise, its all about dream sheet. If your stationed at a base with a current airframe, that will most likely be what you get. If not, its a listing from dream sheet, and if your married MIL to MIL, and if there are any issues preventing you from being at a certain base. Planes, AC-130, E-3, E8, HH-60, UH-1N, C-130 (3-4 different types), KC-10, C-5, CV-22. High demand for CV-22s but high fail rate for that airframe.

FE Buckeye Pride
07-25-2012, 03:20 AM
TSgt, also airframes are not based on rank. It mostly is where your stationed. Otherwise, its all about dream sheet. If your stationed at a base with a current airframe, that will most likely be what you get. If not, its a listing from dream sheet, and if your married MIL to MIL, and if there are any issues preventing you from being at a certain base. Planes, AC-130, E-3, E8, HH-60, UH-1N, C-130 (3-4 different types), KC-10, C-5, CV-22. High demand for CV-22s but high fail rate for that airframe.

You mean failure for the airframe of the student? lol, either way thats a correct statement.

Hendo
07-25-2012, 01:17 PM
You mean failure for the airframe of the student? lol, either way thats a correct statement.

psssht, you know what I mean.

Hama
07-26-2012, 01:06 AM
Apparently the old functional used to come down and say what class seats are available etc, give everyone an "indication" of what they would have open to them.

Just got a new functional, and no one really knows what he's going to be doing in terms of assignments. I think someone in our 'senior' class got their last choice for airframe... And its not where they are stationed.

FE Buckeye Pride
07-26-2012, 08:01 AM
Apparently the old functional used to come down and say what class seats are available etc, give everyone an "indication" of what they would have open to them.

Just got a new functional, and no one really knows what he's going to be doing in terms of assignments. I think someone in our 'senior' class got their last choice for airframe... And its not where they are stationed.

Just to give you an example of what happened in my class under the old functional:

During week 1 we were given a blank "dream sheet" as well as a list of airframes and thier associated bases. We had to rank the aircraft and its base 1-40(?). Most guys messed up by putting things like G-5s and overseas AWACS assignments near the top of their lists - types of airframes and bases you will not get coming out of the school house.

Heres some background we had:

- 1 guy was stationed at Beale (California) and wanted KC-10's at Travis (California). In state.

- 1 guy was stationed at Creech (Nevada) and wanted KC-10's at Travis (California) or C-130s at Davis-Monthan (Arizona) - both one state over. His last choice was HH60s Nellis (Nevada).

- I was stationed at Davis Monthan - 2 types of C-130s there - and Im mil-mil, wife C-130 MX. I wanted KC-10s and Herc's.

The other guys were overseas returnee's and guard/reserve. Heres how it shook down:

- Beale guy got Herc's on the complete opposite side of the US - Pope AFB, NC

- Creech guy got his last choice, HH60's Nellis - even over Hueys at Minot and any Herc or CV-22 base.

- I (Davis Monthan) got Herc's but not staying at the Herc base I was at. I got shipped all the way from Arizona to Alaska, Elmendorf AFB.

After talking with the last functional he said that rank played no factor, as it didnt matter what you did in your old AFSC; the job of an FE is one that even if you are a MSgt as a new FE - you are still just that a new FE, nothing special. He also told our class that it all comes down to needs of the unit in which you want to go vs. where you are needed as a basic Eng.

I dont want to discourage anyone, just thought this would give you some insight on what has happened in the past.

weezy
07-26-2012, 08:32 AM
So any word on this 1A9X1? I heard the switch is coming in Oct. with classes starting in Jan. I start fundies in Jan., but hearing the 1A9 is going to be helo/rotary-wing specific I would much rather be that. Any current FE/FE students able to ask the question for thos of us going into 1A1, but are curious if we could make the switch to 1A9 before leaving for fundies? Or will we be "grandfathered in" and it will just depend on the airframe we are put on in BFE?

akruse
07-26-2012, 08:42 AM
So any word on this 1A9X1? I heard the switch is coming in Oct. with classes starting in Jan. I start fundies in Jan., but hearing the 1A9 is going to be helo/rotary-wing specific I would much rather be that. Any current FE/FE students able to ask the question for thos of us going into 1A1, but are curious if we could make the switch to 1A9 before leaving for fundies? Or will we be "grandfathered in" and it will just depend on the airframe we are put on in BFE?

They haven't released dick about anything.

prelude657
07-27-2012, 07:23 AM
Just to give you an example of what happened in my class under the old functional:

During week 1 we were given a blank "dream sheet" as well as a list of airframes and thier associated bases. We had to rank the aircraft and its base 1-40(?). Most guys messed up by putting things like G-5s and overseas AWACS assignments near the top of their lists - types of airframes and bases you will not get coming out of the school house.

Heres some background we had:

- 1 guy was stationed at Beale (California) and wanted KC-10's at Travis (California). In state.

- 1 guy was stationed at Creech (Nevada) and wanted KC-10's at Travis (California) or C-130s at Davis-Monthan (Arizona) - both one state over. His last choice was HH60s Nellis (Nevada).

- I was stationed at Davis Monthan - 2 types of C-130s there - and Im mil-mil, wife C-130 MX. I wanted KC-10s and Herc's.

The other guys were overseas returnee's and guard/reserve. Heres how it shook down:

- Beale guy got Herc's on the complete opposite side of the US - Pope AFB, NC

- Creech guy got his last choice, HH60's Nellis - even over Hueys at Minot and any Herc or CV-22 base.

- I (Davis Monthan) got Herc's but not staying at the Herc base I was at. I got shipped all the way from Arizona to Alaska, Elmendorf AFB.

After talking with the last functional he said that rank played no factor, as it didnt matter what you did in your old AFSC; the job of an FE is one that even if you are a MSgt as a new FE - you are still just that a new FE, nothing special. He also told our class that it all comes down to needs of the unit in which you want to go vs. where you are needed as a basic Eng.

I dont want to discourage anyone, just thought this would give you some insight on what has happened in the past.

It doesnt seem like there are alot of people gunning for c-5's. A buddy of mine told me that Travis is getting the C-5 M model next year so Im hoping that they are taking newbies out there. C-5 will be number one on my dream sheet.

ashtnn
07-27-2012, 09:27 AM
It doesnt seem like there are alot of people gunning for c-5's. A buddy of mine told me that Travis is getting the C-5 M model next year so Im hoping that they are taking newbies out there. C-5 will be number one on my dream sheet.

JSTARS is my #1. Followed by C-5s and KC-10s. If I get one of those 3 I'll be stoked. Cool with what ever I get though.

And to those thinking "WTF JSTARS?" My wife and I can use the stability that JSTARS/Robins provides for the time being. Going through a rough patch because of some family stuff(read: not any issues with our marriage/relationship) and I'd like to be home with her more often right now. I was hoping I could leave Texas and the south behind, but oh well. And C-5s/KC-10s would hopefully put her close to family in the NE, but I'll be on the road most of the time. Has anyone had a guy/gal in their class put JSTARS as their #1 recently? Outcome? I've got a buddy who's an eng there now, so that's been a good source of information and pushing me towards trying to get stationed there.

prelude657
07-27-2012, 09:55 AM
JSTARS is my #1. Followed by C-5s and KC-10s. If I get one of those 3 I'll be stoked. Cool with what ever I get though.

And to those thinking "WTF JSTARS?" My wife and I can use the stability that JSTARS/Robins provides for the time being. Going through a rough patch because of some family stuff(read: not any issues with our marriage/relationship) and I'd like to be home with her more often right now. I was hoping I could leave Texas and the south behind, but oh well. And C-5s/KC-10s would hopefully put her close to family in the NE, but I'll be on the road most of the time. Has anyone had a guy/gal in their class put JSTARS as their #1 recently? Outcome? I've got a buddy who's an eng there now, so that's been a good source of information and pushing me towards trying to get stationed there.

they dont deploy? if they do did he give you details on where they go? no specific location but what regions of the world. Robins wouldnt be that bad because it is close to Atlanta. I really want that c-5 to travis

ashtnn
07-27-2012, 10:02 AM
Yeah they do. They go to an undisclosed location in SWA. PM me if you want the specific. I went to Robins back around christmas when we were visiting family at nearby Ft. Benning. It wasn't terrible, but it wasn't great. Hell of a change going from Lackland to Robins though if I were to get it, but I guess that's a good thing. I hate being at a base this massive/high profile(especially right now.) I'd be happy with Travis because my sister lives in SF and I'm from Oregon, but I know my wife would take some time to adjust. Either way, as long as I'm flying!

prelude657
07-27-2012, 10:07 AM
Yeah they do. They go to an undisclosed location in SWA. PM me if you want the specific. I went to Robins back around christmas when we were visiting family at nearby Ft. Benning. It wasn't terrible, but it wasn't great. Hell of a change going from Lackland to Robins though if I were to get it, but I guess that's a good thing. I hate being at a base this massive/high profile(especially right now.) I'd be happy with Travis because my sister lives in SF and I'm from Oregon, but I know my wife would take some time to adjust. Either way, as long as I'm flying!

I dont need specifics I think that jstars will be a little far down my list and I can figure out which bases they are by the region. Im the same way. I want to be on the coast I cant stand being inland. Nov 2nd cant come soon enough. what are other people in your class wanting?

ashtnn
07-27-2012, 10:22 AM
I dont need specifics I think that jstars will be a little far down my list and I can figure out which bases they are by the region. Im the same way. I want to be on the coast I cant stand being inland. Nov 2nd cant come soon enough. what are other people in your class wanting?

Unfortunately I've got another 6 weeks 'til fundies starts. And it's even more annoying because I work on the same side of the base as the school house. It's like driving past your new car at the dealership every day, but knowing that you've still got a little bit of time until you can get yours. You'll be up here about 2 weeks before I'm done with BFE though, so maybe we can grab a drink and BS or something. I'm hoping I have a few overseas returnees in my class (starts right at the new FY) so there won't be a lot of competition for airframes.

FE Buckeye Pride
07-27-2012, 07:37 PM

Only problem with J-Stars out of the school house is that it is such a small community and limited duty stations; therefore slots are almost always filled. Our Chief Engineer just departed Elmendorf to go to Junk Stars - I mean J-Stars - this past week. Its similiar to putting COlorado or Wyoming down for Herks out of the school house - likely not going to happen.

Not trying to burst your bubble, but they are not hurting for bodies, especially new Engineers. They are always taking higher time guys from other platforms. You have a better chance at C-5s.

prelude657
07-28-2012, 05:05 AM
Only problem with J-Stars out of the school house is that it is such a small community and limited duty stations; therefore slots are almost always filled. Our Chief Engineer just departed Elmendorf to go to Junk Stars - I mean J-Stars - this past week. Its similiar to putting COlorado or Wyoming down for Herks out of the school house - likely not going to happen.

Not trying to burst your bubble, but they are not hurting for bodies, especially new Engineers. They are always taking higher time guys from other platforms. You have a better chance at C-5s.

Thats good to hear for me. I'm all about the C-5. I think I have a better chance sine I'm definitley going to school right after the FY13 starts.

FE Buckeye Pride
07-28-2012, 08:30 AM
Thats good to hear for me. I'm all about the C-5. I think I have a better chance sine I'm definitley going to school right after the FY13 starts.

I was actually in the same boat as you coming out BFE. My wife is maintenance, she would had killed to get back to New England area - where shes from. I just wanted the C-5 so that I could say I actively fly on the largest aircraft in the military inventory.

Pros for C-5: Not many deployments, less moving around the country, great pay always being on the road, helping hand with emergencies having two FE's.

Cons: Not many deployments, not as many medal opertunity. You are not a "real" FE the first year of operational; considered a "scanner". Most units require an indoc plan for new FE's, typically 10 sorties of flying with an instructor.

VidMXGuy
07-28-2012, 11:42 PM
I was actually in the same boat as you coming out BFE. My wife is maintenance, she would had killed to get back to New England area - where shes from. I just wanted the C-5 so that I could say I actively fly on the largest aircraft in the military inventory.

Pros for C-5: Not many deployments, less moving around the country, great pay always being on the road, helping hand with emergencies having two FE's.

Cons: Not many deployments, not as many medal opertunity. You are not a "real" FE the first year of operational; considered a "scanner". Most units require an indoc plan for new FE's, typically 10 sorties of flying with an instructor.

The upgrade timeline from second engineer (scanner) to first engineer took about a year, with 4 blocks of training. Coming out of feiq you'd be a qualified scanner. Once you got to your unit, you'd get your second fe certification (block 1). Then blocks 2-4 would be your actual first engineer upgrade. It can be time consuming, as you have ground training (academics, aircraft ground trainers), sims, local flying, and operational missions. Most training would occur on operational missions. Therefore, if your squadron doesn't have many missions, training can be slow. And with the active duty c-5 community going through the transition to c-5m, things can get slow.

prelude657
07-29-2012, 05:20 AM
The upgrade timeline from second engineer (scanner) to first engineer took about a year, with 4 blocks of training. Coming out of feiq you'd be a qualified scanner. Once you got to your unit, you'd get your second fe certification (block 1). Then blocks 2-4 would be your actual first engineer upgrade. It can be time consuming, as you have ground training (academics, aircraft ground trainers), sims, local flying, and operational missions. Most training would occur on operational missions. Therefore, if your squadron doesn't have many missions, training can be slow. And with the active duty c-5 community going through the transition to c-5m, things can get slow.

I have done enough deployments being here at Mcconnell. I would be happy not seeing the sand box ever again, but I know that not going to happen.lol With the C-5M transition going on i'm hoping that they are looking for guys fresh out of tech school. I've never been a fan of c130's or helicopters.

Does anybody know if they take your dream sheet from the retraining application into consideration?

Hama
07-30-2012, 03:00 AM
I have done enough deployments being here at Mcconnell. I would be happy not seeing the sand box ever again, but I know that not going to happen.lol With the C-5M transition going on i'm hoping that they are looking for guys fresh out of tech school. I've never been a fan of c130's or helicopters.

Does anybody know if they take your dream sheet from the retraining application into consideration?

Don't know about that, I just updated my dream sheet through vmpf to reflect what bases i wanted from my aircraft dream sheet.

1) Kc-10 Travis Fuck jersey
2) C-5 Travis / Dover
3) Hueys
4) the rest :p

I test out of block 5 on wednesday, so *knock on wood* we should get our assignments in the next couple of weeks.

bcoco14
07-30-2012, 03:24 AM
Don't know about that, I just updated my dream sheet through vmpf to reflect what bases i wanted from my aircraft dream sheet.

1) Kc-10 Travis Fuck jersey
2) C-5 Travis / Dover
3) Hueys
4) the rest :p

I test out of block 5 on wednesday, so *knock on wood* we should get our assignments in the next couple of weeks.

They don't go off your dream sheet in VMpf

prelude657
07-30-2012, 04:01 AM
They don't go off your dream sheet in VMpf

They asked on the retraining application. I don think that they would ask you those questions for shits and giggles....would they?

bcoco14
07-30-2012, 04:06 AM
They asked on the retraining application. I don think that they would ask you those questions for shits and giggles....would they?

Yes, it's shits and giggles. That applies more to the people coming from overseas and the people retraining into non aircrew jobs.

Logic8807
07-30-2012, 08:35 PM
Haha, I've actually deployed with BigBaze (starter of this thread way back). Awesome guy!

refugeecamel
07-31-2012, 12:21 PM
I've been reading this forum for the past month, and all I can say is thank you for the amount of info shared on here. I'm a FTA SSgt stationed over in Germany at Ramstein Air Base. I'm a UDM for the 86 SFS. I have a retrain package in for (1) Loadmaster and (2) Flight Engineer. I called AFPC today and they told me it will see the board today, and I'm hoping for some news this week. I believe the numbers are working in my favor right now, being that these two AFSC's are critically manned and my current is on the constrained list. I would be happy with either of these AFSC's. I'm ready to fly...:usa

Golther
07-31-2012, 12:58 PM
I've been reading this forum for the past month, and all I can say is thank you for the amount of info shared on here. I'm a FTA SSgt stationed over in Germany at Ramstein Air Base. I'm a UDM for the 86 SFS. I have a retrain package in for (1) Loadmaster and (2) Flight Engineer. I called AFPC today and they told me it will see the board today, and I'm hoping for some news this week. I believe the numbers are working in my favor right now, being that these two AFSC's are critically manned and my current is on the constrained list. I would be happy with either of these AFSC's. I'm ready to fly...:usa

Sorry to tell you now AFPC doesn't think FE is critically manned.

bcoco14
08-01-2012, 02:04 AM
Sorry to tell you now AFPC doesn't think FE is critically manned.

Yes it is.

crewdawg01
08-01-2012, 02:41 AM
This forum is full of great information. I am FTA SSgt i started my retraining process on April 1 of this year and i just met my first board today. I have not received any updates from AFPC yet but i have thru other channels got word to the CEA functional and according to him im approved as he has already loaded my follow-on airframe and assignment. Can anybody tell me why AFPC is trying to keep it a secret?

bcoco14
08-01-2012, 02:46 AM
This forum is full of great information. I am FTA SSgt i started my retraining process on April 1 of this year and i just met my first board today. I have not received any updates from AFPC yet but i have thru other channels got word to the CEA functional and according to him im approved as he has already loaded my follow-on airframe and assignment. Can anybody tell me why AFPC is trying to keep it a secret?

They aren't keeping it a secret. It takes them about a week to get everything loaded in the system. Congratz and don't suck.

What did they tell you your airframe is going to be?

BigBaze
08-01-2012, 03:30 AM
Haha, I've actually deployed with BigBaze (starter of this thread way back). Awesome guy!

That was a fun deployment, what are you gonna do with your 80 G's for crosstraining into sensor operator?

crewdawg01
08-01-2012, 03:40 AM
They aren't keeping it a secret. It takes them about a week to get everything loaded in the system. Congratz and don't suck.

What did they tell you your airframe is going to be?

I am going to be on the CV-22. I am a C-130 crew chief right now at the Rock. I wanted something different.

crewdawg01
08-01-2012, 04:09 AM
Does anyone know the timeline/pipeline for the 22. In regards to SERE/water survival since its both airplane and rotor which courses will I go thru? I know after my survival schools that I PCS to Kirtland for training. I have heard its 13 months there to become fully qualified. Just trying to get an idea of how long it will take from day one of Fundies to being done at Kirtland and heading to my first base.

bcoco14
08-01-2012, 04:10 AM
I am going to be on the CV-22. I am a C-130 crew chief right now at the Rock. I wanted something different.

Well that would be new. I have only herd of a single stateside guy who got a base and airframe prior to going to BFE and he was a prior aircrew guy who worked his own deal. I wouldn't be suprised to see yours get scratched. There is a good chance you might stay at the Rock.

bcoco14
08-01-2012, 04:13 AM
Does anyone know the timeline/pipeline for the 22. In regards to SERE/water survival since its both airplane and rotor which courses will I go thru? I know after my survival schools that I PCS to Kirtland for training. I have heard its 13 months there to become fully qualified. Just trying to get an idea of how long it will take from day one of Fundies to being done at Kirtland and heading to my first base.

The -22 is about a year at Kirkland. It also has the highest wash out rate, to include FE's that cross flow.

crewdawg01
08-01-2012, 05:03 AM
Yea i have heard about the washout rate.i know it will probably be the hardest thing i ever do. I have plenty of incentive to bust my ass to not come back to the unit i am in. From the way i was told CV-22 needs people so bad that if you are a volunteer in Fundies/BFE you will get them. So i m not worried about coming back to slicks. Hopefully i will get a class date for late september early october.

refugeecamel
08-01-2012, 11:04 AM
The new retrain advisory has a good amount of SSgt/TSgt slots for 1A1/1A2...FYI. Hoping to hear back from AFPC this week with a Status 5. Met the FTA board yesterday...

crewdawg01
08-01-2012, 03:45 PM
The new retrain advisory has a good amount of SSgt/TSgt slots for 1A1/1A2...FYI. Hoping to hear back from AFPC this week with a Status 5. Met the FTA board yesterday...

Yea I saw that. Good luck to you. I met the same board with you. I just want a class date real quick.

CharlieHotel
08-01-2012, 05:05 PM

can someone help me out on this? when i click on the retraining advisory, it takes forever to load, and once it does load, there is nothing listed. am i doing something wrong? does my internet need to be set up different? been dealing with this all yr. Thanks a lot

crewdawg01
08-02-2012, 01:58 AM
can someone help me out on this? when i click on the retraining advisory, it takes forever to load, and once it does load, there is nothing listed. am i doing something wrong? does my internet need to be set up different? been dealing with this all yr. Thanks a lot

myPers and vMPF are down right now but there are a few things you can try. check the broken page next to the address bar at the top of your browser. All of our computers at work have to run all those pages in compatibility mode. I have a direct link if you want to pm me your .mil and i will send it to you tonight when i get to the shop. Other than that thats all i can think of that may be causing the issue.

crewdawg01
08-02-2012, 07:50 AM
Status 5 today just checked...hopefully i get class dates soon. Ready to join the dark side.

refugeecamel
08-02-2012, 09:04 AM
Just got Status 5 for Loadmaster today...good luck all.

crewdawg01
08-02-2012, 11:32 AM
Well now that im approved officially by AFPC and will be heading to san antonio hopefully sooner rather than later. Just wondering if there is any tips yall could give me how everything works from here?

Hama
08-02-2012, 10:59 PM
Well now that im approved officially by AFPC and will be heading to san antonio hopefully sooner rather than later. Just wondering if there is any tips yall could give me how everything works from here?

Check your retraining status, when you have class dates loaded, go to your formal training office.

They give you retraining rips, from there i stopped at my training manager office and they gave me the ETCA printouts, although you can get these yourself. You sign the rips, as well as your flight chief and your squadron commander.

Its a good idea to get any retainability paperwork you need done and route it all together so you don't bombard your commander with junk.

After everything is signed, MAKE COPIES, and bring the signed papers back to your formal training office. If they are anything like mine, they'll wait until 2 weeks prior to your departure before giving you your orders.

Its a good idea to use this time to square things up on the homefront. I moved out of my house, put my stuff in storage, and get prepared for some studying and long nights. Do some PT now, because its tough to squeeze it in between studying through some of the harder blocks.

Make sure you have a passing PT test through the end of your Basic Flight Engineer training, if not the functional will probably make you test before leaving.

Other than that, enjoy :P, I test out of block 6 tomorrow.

ashtnn
08-03-2012, 07:21 AM
Last month here at Lackland as a bus driver. Sept 14th feels like it will never get here. So I was looking at the staff results today (I made it, first time testing,) and saw that 4 out of 11 eligible SrA FEs made it. Thank god I made it in this career field now. That and the cut off for 1A1 was 316. Cut off for my career field was 270 and I got a 275. Grats if anyone else going FE made it!

crewdawg01
08-03-2012, 08:22 AM
Make sure you have a passing PT test through the end of your Basic Flight Engineer training, if not the functional will probably make you test before leaving.

Last month here at Lackland as a bus driver. Sept 14th feels like it will never get here.

Hama, So what will happen once i leave BFE will i ibe pt tested while a student while im doing my flight training or is it waived until i get off of student status as long as im on a pass when i start?

Ashtnn, How long did it take for you to receive your status 6 with class dates after being notified of status 5?

prelude657
08-03-2012, 08:30 AM
Yea I saw that. Good luck to you. I met the same board with you. I just want a class date real quick.

The dates have been a little stretched. I wen status 6 last month and my BFE date is not until early November. Im ready to go now!!! I am so done with maintenance!!!

prelude657
08-03-2012, 08:32 AM
Last month here at Lackland as a bus driver. Sept 14th feels like it will never get here. So I was looking at the staff results today (I made it, first time testing,) and saw that 4 out of 11 eligible SrA FEs made it. Thank god I made it in this career field now. That and the cut off for 1A1 was 316. Cut off for my career field was 270 and I got a 275. Grats if anyone else going FE made it!

keep us updated on school. I am a little over a month behind you. I wish I was leaving in september!!!

prelude657
08-03-2012, 08:35 AM
Check your retraining status, when you have class dates loaded, go to your formal training office.

They give you retraining rips, from there i stopped at my training manager office and they gave me the ETCA printouts, although you can get these yourself. You sign the rips, as well as your flight chief and your squadron commander.

Its a good idea to get any retainability paperwork you need done and route it all together so you don't bombard your commander with junk.

After everything is signed, MAKE COPIES, and bring the signed papers back to your formal training office. If they are anything like mine, they'll wait until 2 weeks prior to your departure before giving you your orders.

Its a good idea to use this time to square things up on the homefront. I moved out of my house, put my stuff in storage, and get prepared for some studying and long nights. Do some PT now, because its tough to squeeze it in between studying through some of the harder blocks.

Other than that, enjoy :P, I test out of block 6 tomorrow.

Let us know what airframes they are dishing out when your class gets them.

ashtnn
08-03-2012, 09:52 AM
Hama, So what will happen once i leave BFE will i ibe pt tested while a student while im doing my flight training or is it waived until i get off of student status as long as im on a pass when i start?

Ashtnn, How long did it take for you to receive your status 6 with class dates after being notified of status 5?

Mine was different than most. I actually got an email from the CEA pipeline manager the week I got selected asking me about my deployed status and estimated return. Because of some personal issues at the time, we settled on one of the last class dates of the year. That said, I didn't actually go status 6 for a few weeks after that. It all varies though. Hopefully you'll find out soon.

crewdawg01
08-03-2012, 09:57 AM
Mine was different than most. I actually got an email from the CEA pipeline manager the week I got selected asking me about my deployed status and estimated return. Because of some personal issues at the time, we settled on one of the last class dates of the year. That said, I didn't actually go status 6 for a few weeks after that. It all varies though. Hopefully you'll find out soon.

Thanks. Yea hopefully i will find out soon!

crewdawg01
08-03-2012, 09:59 AM
The dates have been a little stretched. I wen status 6 last month and my BFE date is not until early November. Im ready to go now!!! I am so done with maintenance!!!

Dang i was hoping to be gone in october. Yea i know what you mean about the whole maintenance thing. Im suffering on a nightly basis and since i got approved to leave they just keep bouncing me around shift wise.

prelude657
08-03-2012, 09:00 PM
Dang i was hoping to be gone in october. Yea i know what you mean about the whole maintenance thing. Im suffering on a nightly basis and since i got approved to leave they just keep bouncing me around shift wise.

LOL same here. The day I told them, they put me on night shift. I thought it was punishment at first but I ended up making it work for the better. now I get 2 hours lunches and there is no dog and pony show. Maintenance higher ups hate when they lose qualified people, so the make sure they give you one more shafting before you leave. lol

Hama
08-03-2012, 11:26 PM

Will do, the class in front of us found out yesterday I think 2 people got C-5s and 2 people got HH-60s, not sure what the other 2 guys got - Hendo is in that class so maybe he can enlighten us :P.

As far as the PT thing goes I'm not entirely sure, my PT test is good through October 31st, so I'll need to retest at some point in there, I leave BFE in a week, chill out for a little while, start SERE, maybe water survival, then IQT. The whole process is a little bit clouded.

Was definitely a rough week, started the week 5 days into block 5, tested out, started block 6, tested out, and started block 7.

I'm ready for a beer.

Hama
08-03-2012, 11:27 PM
LOL same here. The day I told them, they put me on night shift. I thought it was punishment at first but I ended up making it work for the better. now I get 2 hours lunches and there is no dog and pony show. Maintenance higher ups hate when they lose qualified people, so the make sure they give you one more shafting before you leave. lol

Yeah they put me on night shift and had me work 3 weekends in a row. Weekend duty followed by 12s and an exercise, then another weekend duty. Loved it :|

prelude657
08-04-2012, 02:05 AM
Yeah they put me on night shift and had me work 3 weekends in a row. Weekend duty followed by 12s and an exercise, then another weekend duty. Loved it :|

Gotta love maintenance.lol

prelude657
08-05-2012, 09:06 PM
Will do, the class in front of us found out yesterday I think 2 people got C-5s and 2 people got HH-60s, not sure what the other 2 guys got - Hendo is in that class so maybe he can enlighten us :P.

As far as the PT thing goes I'm not entirely sure, my PT test is good through October 31st, so I'll need to retest at some point in there, I leave BFE in a week, chill out for a little while, start SERE, maybe water survival, then IQT. The whole process is a little bit clouded.

Was definitely a rough week, started the week 5 days into block 5, tested out, started block 6, tested out, and started block 7.

I'm ready for a beer.

Ive been hearing about alot of c-5's going out lately. the two guys that did it at my base got c-5's. i hope they save one spot for me. I wonder if the got Travis or Dover.

Hama
08-05-2012, 09:23 PM
Both of the c-5s in the senior class here got travis.

prelude657
08-06-2012, 06:37 AM
Both of the c-5s in the senior class here got travis. I'm so jealous!! Damn November needs to hurry up so I can get this ball rolling. Keep me updated on your class Hamas.

weezy
08-06-2012, 07:30 AM
Here's an update to 1A9x1. https://afkm.wpafb.af.mil/ASPs/docman/DOCMain.asp?Tab=0&FolderID=OO-DP-SO-02-25&Filter=OO-DP-SO-02

Can anybody who is at BFE ask the instructors on how somebody who is currently slotted for 1A1 can switch over, if we're even allowed to, too 1A9?

Hama
08-06-2012, 04:30 PM
Here's an update to 1A9x1. https://afkm.wpafb.af.mil/ASPs/docman/DOCMain.asp?Tab=0&FolderID=OO-DP-SO-02-25&Filter=OO-DP-SO-02

Can anybody who is at BFE ask the instructors on how somebody who is currently slotted for 1A1 can switch over, if we're even allowed to, too 1A9?

Sure, when are you scheduled to come to BFE? If it is before the crossover i think you'll be grandfathered in.

crewdawg01
08-06-2012, 08:08 PM
Sure, when are you scheduled to come to BFE? If it is before the crossover i think you'll be grandfathered in.

What's all this about 1a9x1??

weezy
08-06-2012, 09:18 PM

I start fundies in Jan. So it will be after the change comes in effect.

Hama
08-06-2012, 09:20 PM
I start fundies in Jan. So it will be after the change comes in effect.

I asked after lunch, the instructor said if you come here as a 1A1, after the change, then you will be fixed wing.

@crewdawg
Rotory wing + AFSOC assets will be 1A9 AFSC, fixed wing will be 1A1.

weezy
08-06-2012, 09:45 PM
I asked after lunch, the instructor said if you come here as a 1A1, after the change, then you will be fixed wing.

@crewdawg
Rotory wing + AFSOC assets will be 1A9 AFSC, fixed wing will be 1A1.

Is there anyway for me to switch from being an 1A1 to 1A9 or am I stuck?

akruse
08-06-2012, 10:38 PM
http://www.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123312874

akruse
08-06-2012, 10:39 PM
What's all this about 1a9x1??

http://www.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123312874

akruse
08-06-2012, 10:39 PM
Front page of AF.mil has a story on the merger.

weezy
08-07-2012, 12:30 AM
E-mail sent to CEA recuiting office. Hopefully I'll be able to swithc.

crewdawg01
08-07-2012, 12:52 AM
What are they going to consider the CV-22 as it is technically both and its only an AFSOC asset?

weezy
08-07-2012, 01:07 AM
What are they going to consider the CV-22 as it is technically both and its only an AFSOC asset?

It states in the article what airframes will be open to 1A9.

Hendo
08-07-2012, 04:33 AM

yeah 2 C-5s, (one counting me), 2 HH-60s, 1 AWACS, 1 C-130. Each class has gotten a different group of aircraft. I had CV-22 before C-5, so it's not garunteed you will be CV-22. Also the "single" guys in class got the HH-60. I think they did that on purpose. So if your lookin at rotary, better change if your single. Class before us got the C-130 refuelers. Can't remember exactly what. C-5 gets dissed out a bit. The class before that one, 2 came out with CV-22. We had a guy wanting HH-60s, and he was stationed in Moody, they gave him 60s, and sent him to DM, while another guy got sent to moody, lol so its all kinda random. 3 guys got their 1st choice. The rest were within top 5. I think I got lowest, which was #6, but I wanted to switch my #2 to C-5 but we sent in our paperwork already. Getting airframes is like rolling dice bro. But your chances are pretty good with the assignment manager guy here. Best of luck, Graduating out of here this week, wooo.

crewdawg01
08-07-2012, 04:56 AM
Well I emailed the CEA recruiter and the 1A1 functional hopefully i can get a straight answer on how the 1A9 is going to workout. i really want the CV-22 but if i had to come back to 130s i wanna be AFSOC.

akruse
08-07-2012, 04:57 AM
Well I emailed the CEA recruiter and the 1A1 functional hopefully i can get a straight answer on how the 1A9 is going to workout. i really want the CV-22 but if i had to come back to 130s i wanna be AFSOC.

One or the other, can't have both.

crewdawg01
08-07-2012, 06:59 PM
Well i got a few emails back and this is what the interpretation of how the 1A9 AFSC is going to work. You will retrain as a 1A1 and when you pick your airframes. If you are given a slot for a rotor wing, or afsoc asset. At that time is when your AFSC will change. Now this came from the functional over flight engineers. He is well aware that i want to be on the CV-22. and as of right now im slotted for a 1A1 slot.

weezy
08-07-2012, 08:43 PM
Well i got a few emails back and this is what the interpretation of how the 1A9 AFSC is going to work. You will retrain as a 1A1 and when you pick your airframes. If you are given a slot for a rotor wing, or afsoc asset. At that time is when your AFSC will change. Now this came from the functional over flight engineers. He is well aware that i want to be on the CV-22. and as of right now im slotted for a 1A1 slot.

Hama can you back this up? According the instructor you asked this is not the case.

Airpower26
08-07-2012, 10:43 PM
yeah 2 C-5s, (one counting me), 2 HH-60s, 1 AWACS, 1 C-130. Each class has gotten a different group of aircraft. I had CV-22 before C-5, so it's not garunteed you will be CV-22. Also the "single" guys in class got the HH-60. I think they did that on purpose. So if your lookin at rotary, better change if your single. Class before us got the C-130 refuelers. Can't remember exactly what. C-5 gets dissed out a bit. The class before that one, 2 came out with CV-22. We had a guy wanting HH-60s, and he was stationed in Moody, they gave him 60s, and sent him to DM, while another guy got sent to moody, lol so its all kinda random. 3 guys got their 1st choice. The rest were within top 5. I think I got lowest, which was #6, but I wanted to switch my #2 to C-5 but we sent in our paperwork already. Getting airframes is like rolling dice bro. But your chances are pretty good with the assignment manager guy here. Best of luck, Graduating out of here this week, wooo.

garunteed huh?

Kegler
08-07-2012, 11:00 PM

Hama can you back this up? According the instructor you asked this is not the case.

:twitch Really? Let me see....Air Force FE Functional Manager said....or schoolhouse instructor said. Which one would I believe? Maybe the guy who signed off on, if not developed, the rules would be the best source.

Hama
08-07-2012, 11:37 PM
:twitch Really? Let me see....Air Force FE Functional Manager said....or schoolhouse instructor said. Which one would I believe? Maybe the guy who signed off on, if not developed, the rules would be the best source.

No idea tbh, it doesn't make sense that they'd standup the course for 1A9 without any slots on the retraining advisory, so the functional answer sounds more correct.

The instructor I asked is helping to put together the curriculum for the 1A9 class so he shouldn't be ENTIRELY out of the loop, lol.

As a side note, our class got assignments today!

Me: C-5 @ Travis (number 2 on my dream sheet, but secretly number 1)
Person: C-5 @ Dover - he wanted HH-60s but C-5 is his number 6 choice
Person: KC-10 @ McGuire - He wanted HH-60s or anything AFSOC
Person: AWACS @ Tinker

It looks like the functional drew names out of a hat TBH.

Hendo
08-08-2012, 12:05 AM
garunteed huh?

Psssht, yeah...

prelude657
08-08-2012, 05:54 AM
No idea tbh, it doesn't make sense that they'd standup the course for 1A9 without any slots on the retraining advisory, so the functional answer sounds more correct.

The instructor I asked is helping to put together the curriculum for the 1A9 class so he shouldn't be ENTIRELY out of the loop, lol.

As a side note, our class got assignments today!

Me: C-5 @ Travis (number 2 on my dream sheet, but secretly number 1)
Person: C-5 @ Dover - he wanted HH-60s but C-5 is his number 6 choice
Person: KC-10 @ McGuire - He wanted HH-60s or anything AFSOC and they moved him about as far away as possible :| (Number 8 on his list)
Person: AWACS @ Tinker - (number 5 on his list?)

It looks like the functional drew names out of a hat TBH. KC-10 was my number 1, so if they gave me that they could have given the KC-10 guy C-5s (his number 3 choice). No one got on an aircraft that is at the base they are at, PCS money be damned. now don't you all go taking up all the C-5 @travis spots. Save one for me!!

ashtnn
08-09-2012, 12:15 PM
This is probably a longshot, but I'm trying here anyways. Has anyone had a classmate that was already stationed here at Lackland? I'm trying to figure out what the procedure is since it's not a "real" TDY. Formal training told me that my CSS will need to do up a local course letter, but I can't find anything about that in any instructions or handbooks. I have a contact over at the 344th (loadmaster instructor) who said that they really don't have any idea of the ins and outs either. I'm going to go up to my UTM today and hopefully he know's what to do, but I just wanted to see if anyone knew of someone who's attended fundies/BFE while already being stationed at Lackland. I sent VidMXGuy a PM, but it doesn't look like he logs in too often so I don't know how long it will take to get a reply. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Hama
08-09-2012, 08:46 PM
This is probably a longshot, but I'm trying here anyways. Has anyone had a classmate that was already stationed here at Lackland? I'm trying to figure out what the procedure is since it's not a "real" TDY. Formal training told me that my CSS will need to do up a local course letter, but I can't find anything about that in any instructions or handbooks. I have a contact over at the 344th (loadmaster instructor) who said that they really don't have any idea of the ins and outs either. I'm going to go up to my UTM today and hopefully he know's what to do, but I just wanted to see if anyone knew of someone who's attended fundies/BFE while already being stationed at Lackland. I sent VidMXGuy a PM, but it doesn't look like he logs in too often so I don't know how long it will take to get a reply. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.

If I had to guess, I would guess that it would work much like ALS did, you get your dates and fill out some papers and head over...

Somewhere between your Formal Training, UTM, and CSS they need to give you some papers lol.

daftcon
08-13-2012, 09:55 PM

i was one of those 4! i don't wanna tell you how many times i tested for staff, but every single time was in the engineer career field and that sucked balls! so do yourself a favor and make staff prior to cross training.

Golther
08-13-2012, 10:00 PM
i was one of those 4! i don't wanna tell you how many times i tested for staff, but every single time was in the engineer career field and that sucked balls! so do yourself a favor and make staff prior to cross training.

All I have to say is WTF on those scores! I am at my 3rd time testing (1st time FE testing)and I wonder about those scores.

daftcon
08-13-2012, 10:06 PM
All I have to say is WTF on those scores! I am at my 3rd time testing (1st time FE testing)and I wonder about those scores.

so for the 11e5 cycle, i missed it by 3 points, cutoff was 286. i made up 41 points to score a 324 and was the #2 selectee. it's ridiculous dude. tech cutoff score this past round were maybe 20 points higher. i got a buddy here at LR who missed it and is facing HYT stuff.

Golther
08-13-2012, 10:13 PM
so for the 11e5 cycle, i missed it by 3 points, cutoff was 286. i made up 41 points to score a 324 and was the #2 selectee. it's ridiculous dude. tech cutoff score this past round were maybe 20 points higher. i got a buddy here at LR who missed it and is facing HYT stuff.

In order for me to have gotten it this year I would have to score in the 90's on both my tests. I am looking at the HTY monster in a few years.

ashtnn
08-15-2012, 08:54 AM
If I had to guess, I would guess that it would work much like ALS did, you get your dates and fill out some papers and head over...

Somewhere between your Formal Training, UTM, and CSS they need to give you some papers lol.

Got everything sorted. I went by Formal Training here at Lackland the other day and the guy there ended up doing the local course letter for me. He said that for whatever reason, a lot of squadron CSS' don't know about it or don't care to know about it. It's basically just a memo that states I'm part of XXX Squadron here on Lackland and will be attending fundies/BFE. This way my CSS has a record of where I am, and when I go to class, this will count as my orders since I won't get any for either course. If anyone else ever has this issue, whether it's a course at a base you're at now, or you're stationed here at Lackland and going through, talk to formal training about a local course letter. Now I just have to hope that I can get my SERE rip routed (he wanted to get these taken care of early I guess) through my squadron by the end of this week. Anyone else going to be starting fundies on the 14th of september? A guy on another board I frequent will be in the class with me, wanted to see if any of you guys will be as wel.

Turkey9186
08-16-2012, 05:00 AM
After fourteen months, AFRC medical finally decided last week I am still fit to fly. Been a long slow process, but after seven years of playing civilian I am going back to the C-5 world at Travis. Still waiting to find out if they will send me back to school or if I can re-qualify here at Travis.
I acquired a copy of the MQF and bold prints today and realized just how much I have forgot. Hopefully I can find those brain cells!
For everyone going to or at Lackland, it could be worse, I spent a total of almost a year at Altus between BFE, TTU, and instructor school. Study, study some more, and then quiz your classmates all the time. BFE is only a prep class for what they are going to throw at you afterward.
Jerry

crewdawg01
08-20-2012, 10:42 PM
Status 6 Today...I start fundies first week october. Anybody else gonna be in class with me?

daddyhawkins
08-24-2012, 12:45 PM
Status 6 Today...I start fundies first week october. Anybody else gonna be in class with me?

Starting Fundies this morning...

prelude657
08-31-2012, 05:23 PM
Starting Fundies this morning...
That crazy. I wonder why my date is so far back? I start in november and i went status 6 a while ago. You all must be first term airmen?

ashtnn
09-07-2012, 06:31 PM
What have the drops been like latley? I know Hama went through not too long ago, but has anyone else graduated recently?

weezy
09-10-2012, 08:29 AM
More news on 1A9:

http://www.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123317181

Anybody currently down at Lackland get anymore info on those of us slotted for 1A1, but would like to switch to 1A9 with classes starting in the near future?

bcurtis
09-13-2012, 05:20 AM
What have the drops been like latley? I know Hama went through not too long ago, but has anyone else graduated recently?

My husband just graduated today, he got our number 1 choice, AWACS. He said there were 4 that wanted HH60s for their number 1 and 2 got it. One guy got C130 slicks and one got C130 (AC or EC) They graduated with 9. They had guard in their class as well other than that i am not sure.
Good Luck!

crewdawg01
09-14-2012, 01:39 AM
Well my date got pushed back to the second week in November. Seems like it will never get here. Anybody else gonna be there then?
The only thing im not looking forward to is Sere in february. I am a Georgia boy so im not used to snow and extreme cold. Its gonna be interesting.

Dman
09-14-2012, 04:29 PM
Finally going to Aircrew Fundamentals on 21 Sep. A bit nervous but definitely excited! Anyone else going then?

Anyone know when pt is? It says students must bring pt gear, but does that mean to the course in general or bring pt gear to class in a bag or something to do pt at the end of the day? I've tried to call the number on the reporting instructions sheet but no one answers.

Also, anyone have any advice on the course? I'm assuming bringing notebooks, highlighters, a calculator, etc. are going to help so I will have those with me.

prelude657
09-15-2012, 03:36 AM
Its the beginning of the fiscal year. first and second choices will be common for a few months. yall just stay away from my C-5. I leave next month....at the end of the month. damnit!!!!

bcoco14
09-15-2012, 07:05 AM
My husband just graduated today, he got our number 1 choice, AWACS.
Good Luck!

LMFAO!!! You might want to curb that line of thinking or your husband might end up having a really hard time.

Its the beginning of the fiscal year. first and second choices will be common for a few months. yall just stay away from my C-5. I leave next month....at the end of the month. damnit!!!!

They have been filling FY13 slots for months so your selection pool is a lot smaller than you think it is.

prelude657
09-17-2012, 08:21 PM
LMFAO!!! You might want to curb that line of thinking or your husband might end up having a really hard time.

They have been filling FY13 slots for months so your selection pool is a lot smaller than you think it is.

Well seeing that everybody on here wants every plane but the 2 that I want. I should be good. I got a feeling im gonna get exactly what i want

ashtnn
09-19-2012, 11:32 AM
Well seeing that everybody on here wants every plane but the 2 that I want. I should be good. I got a feeling im gonna get exactly what i want

You never know. We've got 8 priors in my fundies class and we're all going engineer. 3 have assignments already (KC-10, EC-130, and one guard HH-60s) but the rest of us all want C-5s or KC-10s etc for our first picks. We'll see what happens when we get to BFE though.

prelude657
09-19-2012, 10:29 PM
You never know. We've got 8 priors in my fundies class and we're all going engineer. 3 have assignments already (KC-10, EC-130, and one guard HH-60s) but the rest of us all want C-5s or KC-10s etc for our first picks. We'll see what happens when we get to BFE though.
Well talk em out of it.lol Keep us posted. This is some BS. Im ready to roll. I get down there next month. Damnit!

BigBaze
09-19-2012, 10:42 PM

The KC-10 guy is probably the one we just sent down from McGuire, he just PCS'ed here from overseas and he just got down there, a good guy. We were able to get him on a flight before he headed down to school.

ashtnn
09-20-2012, 12:24 PM
The KC-10 guy is probably the one we just sent down from McGuire, he just PCS'ed here from overseas and he just got down there, a good guy. We were able to get him on a flight before he headed down to school.

Yeah, he's a good guy. Knows his shit too. We had a study group last night, block 1 test on friday. Based off what he's told me so far as well as the instructors, I think I might try and get KC-10s up there with you guys. He said he called the functional and had McGuire the next day, and I've got some personal reasoning that MAY help me land that but we'll see. He told me you guys are hurting for engs.

prelude657
09-21-2012, 12:05 PM
Yeah, he's a good guy. Knows his shit too. We had a study group last night, block 1 test on friday. Based off what he's told me so far as well as the instructors, I think I might try and get KC-10s up there with you guys. He said he called the functional and had McGuire the next day, and I've got some personal reasoning that MAY help me land that but we'll see. He told me you guys are hurting for engs.

I wouldn't mind working on 10's but I don't want to go back to McGuire. Keep us updated on the assignment being handed out.

prelude657
09-22-2012, 01:24 AM
anybody got any info on EC-130's? are they hard to get on? My buddy told me being stationed at Davis Mothan wouldnt be bad.

BigBaze
09-22-2012, 02:38 AM

yep, HYT gutted our experience, and the rest of the 20+ year guys are retiring. I am just over 3 years qualified, pushing 2500 hours and am one of the experienced guys. . It all happens fast, we have like 5 guys down at the school house too, so you do have a good chance!

Max Power
09-22-2012, 03:20 PM
anybody got any info on EC-130's? are they hard to get on? My buddy told me being stationed at Davis Mothan wouldnt be bad.

They're not too hard to get on from regular C-130's. We usually use the crew entrance door.

prelude657
09-22-2012, 07:46 PM
They're not too hard to get on from regular C-130's. We usually use the crew entrance door.

Lol. I hope you were joking. I mean if I picked it as a top choice during tech school. Are they hurting for FE's? Are alot of people picking them in tech school? What is the deployment and TDY Schedule like?

Max Power
09-22-2012, 07:54 PM
Lol. I hope you were joking. I mean if I picked it as a top choice during tech school. Are they hurting for FE's? Are alot of people picking them in tech school? What is the deployment and TDY Schedule like?

Yes, I was joking. We always need newbies. We have a lot of the old heads that have/will retire. I have no idea how many people are picking them in tech school. Expect to deploy 1-2 times per year at 90 days a pop. TDY's come and go and it really is a matter of good timing. We make our own deployment schedule. It is all done pretty equitably.

prelude657
09-23-2012, 02:01 AM
Yes, I was joking. We always need newbies. We have a lot of the old heads that have/will retire. I have no idea how many people are picking them in tech school. Expect to deploy 1-2 times per year at 90 days a pop. TDY's come and go and it really is a matter of good timing. We make our own deployment schedule. It is all done pretty equitably. 90 days? thats great! How is the area down there at DM? Is it a good place for a single guy to like? How is the squadron? I know there is going to be bullshit no matter where I go, but I am curious about the morale.

prelude657
09-23-2012, 02:07 AM
I am also curious about other bases too. I am one of those guy that is concerned about location and morale. I am currently at McConnell (wichita, Kansas) and it sucks so I would like for my next base to be better not worse. If anybody on other aircraft can chime in on their location and give me the 411 (deployment consistancy, TDY's, and local area ) That would be cool. If you are worried about OPSEC PM me.lol Travis, Davis Mothan, Nellis, or any base in Florida are strong points of interest.

FE Buckeye Pride
09-25-2012, 09:34 AM
I am also curious about other bases too. I am one of those guy that is concerned about location and morale. I am currently at McConnell (wichita, Kansas) and it sucks so I would like for my next base to be better not worse. If anybody on other aircraft can chime in on their location and give me the 411 (deployment consistancy, TDY's, and local area ) That would be cool. If you are worried about OPSEC PM me.lol Travis, Davis Mothan, Nellis, or any base in Florida are strong points of interest.

Not much talk of Alaska C-130H2's...Man, you guys are missing out. The 537 AS just stood up last year. We are a tenant unit to the guard here on Elmendorf. The best assignment Ive had hands down.We dont deploy, we do runs all over the Pacific and into the lower 48. Our sims are at Minneapolis. We do Banner Express, go into "site missions" up here. My fam and I have gotten a free tour of Alaska that we otherwise couldnt afford for what all we have done and seen. The area is VERY military friendly. Cool low level (<300') routes over glaciers, through the mountains and valleys (to include Mt. McKinley). Runs all over the state to see things you will only see pictures of. Snow in the winter, sun and beautiful weather in the summer. PS. You also get to go to "Cool School" (Arctic SERE).

weezy
09-25-2012, 09:54 AM
Popped up on the SOFCEA FB page:

"The latest on 1A9 implementation is that retraining quotas for the new AFSC are expected to drop in January. In AFSOC, the new AFSC will apply to Flight Engineers on CV-22s, the merge of Aerial Gunners and Loadmasters on AC-130s and Loadmasters on Non-Standard Aviation Aircraft (C-145 & C-146)."

CFDL
09-25-2012, 06:17 PM
these questions will sound dumb. Yes i have read past posts (2008-present.)
Here in my SQ there is hardly any guidance or knowledge about retraining, because its so hard to get out of here.
That said, Ive submitted by retrain request and in myPers it says "Awaiting Determ", on virtual MPF however i have nothing.

My questions are...

Is it normal for nothing to show in vMPF yet?

Ive read on here that there is a step in the process where packages are reviewed once a month, does it sound like i am at that point?

crewdawg01
09-25-2012, 08:46 PM
Anybody requesting CV-22's? From talking to the functional he says i am pretty much guaranteed to be on them. They always have training and nobody really wants them. I will be headed to fundies in Nov. Im so ready to get the ball rolling.

weezy
09-25-2012, 09:07 PM
Anybody requesting CV-22's? From talking to the functional he says i am pretty much guaranteed to be on them. They always have training and nobody really wants them. I will be headed to fundies in Nov. Im so ready to get the ball rolling.

How did you manage that? I'm guessing the -22 is hurting for people and even if you go to BFE as a 1A1 you can choose it?

crewdawg01
09-25-2012, 11:15 PM
How did you manage that? I'm guessing the -22 is hurting for people and even if you go to BFE as a 1A1 you can choose it?

From what I'm being told. The pipeline for 1a9 SOFCEA will not be online til after 1 Jan. So in BFE I list CV-22 as my first choice. Then once the AFSC comes online your AFSC will change. You cannot be locked out of AFSOc assets until the merge and school comes online. Yes from all sources including a few seniors at Kirtland they are hurting . Plus the new unit coming to mildenhall in 2013 June. Then Kadena in 2014. I've heard its ridiculously hard and the biggest wash out factor is air sickness and the physical part of being on the -22. Hope this helps.

weezy
09-25-2012, 11:25 PM
From what I'm being told. The pipeline for 1a9 SOFCEA will not be online til after 1 Jan. So in BFE I list CV-22 as my first choice. Then once the AFSC comes online your AFSC will change. You cannot be locked out of AFSOc assets until the merge and school comes online. Yes from all sources including a few seniors at Kirtland they are hurting . Plus the new unit coming to mildenhall in 2013 June. Then Kadena in 2014. I've heard its ridiculously hard and the biggest wash out factor is air sickness and the physical part of being on the -22. Hope this helps.

Well shit. I start fundies on the 8th of Jan. after 1A9 comes online. I asked about switching, but they don't have a guaranteed answer for me and told me to ask again once it pops up on the re-training advisory. I really do hope I am either able to switch over or that the -22's are hurting so badly that they'll still let me put it on my dream sheet.

CFDL
09-26-2012, 06:43 PM
IN NEED OF ASSISTANCE. My “exception to policy” was recently disapproved due to “sustainment” issues. They are saying for my grade in my AFSC we are projected to be unbalanced in FY13, which is far from true.
We were recently merged with other AFSC’s to make a new one, 2A9. The issue is that slots for the AFSC have been created but the primary AFSCs of the individuals have not been converted.

Any suggestions how I can fight this or does anyone know of any loopholes.

prelude657
09-26-2012, 08:50 PM
IN NEED OF ASSISTANCE. My “exception to policy” was recently disapproved due to “sustainment” issues. They are saying for my grade in my AFSC we are projected to be unbalanced in FY13, which is far from true.
We were recently merged with other AFSC’s to make a new one, 2A9. The issue is that slots for the AFSC have been created but the primary AFSCs of the individuals have not been converted.

Any suggestions how I can fight this or does anyone know of any loopholes.

Thats a new one with me. I think you are the first guy that I have seen seen get denied. how many years you got in? maybe wait until the end of your enlistment and are in your true crosstraining window(if you are not right now) and try again????????

FE Buckeye Pride
09-26-2012, 09:27 PM

Its the old adage: "Once you go fixed wing, you never go back." Much of the guys that I have come across on fixed wing platforms ( AWACS, Hercs, FREDs, etc) want nothing to do with the 22. Even guys that taught at BFE that came off of the 53 didn't want the 22 and didnt want to go to it. Its mainly because its a new aircraft to our branch with a history of crashes in its short life span. Also, many of us aren't excited about being GI Joe and going to the desert twice a year. We have spent our time in the sand enough, and a once a year (or two years) deployments are enough.

Also, you get MUCH better TDY's to cooler places in a fixed wing aircraft. I don't see a 22 or Helo squadrons doing many runs to japan-guam-austrailia. We appreciate the guys doing Army support in the desert so we can fly around to cool places and swim in the worlds best beaches. :thumb

weezy
09-26-2012, 11:30 PM
Its the old adage: "Once you go fixed wing, you never go back." Much of the guys that I have come across on fixed wing platforms ( AWACS, Hercs, FREDs, etc) want nothing to do with the 22. Even guys that taught at BFE that came off of the 53 didn't want the 22 and didnt want to go to it. Its mainly because its a new aircraft to our branch with a history of crashes in its short life span. Also, many of us aren't excited about being GI Joe and going to the desert twice a year. We have spent our time in the sand enough, and a once a year (or two years) deployments are enough.

Also, you get MUCH better TDY's to cooler places in a fixed wing aircraft. I don't see a 22 or Helo squadrons doing many runs to japan-guam-austrailia. We appreciate the guys doing Army support in the desert so we can fly around to cool places and swim in the worlds best beaches. :thumb

I think I would find fixed wong to be too boring, with the exception of the 0130's in AFSOC, but would much rather be on the -22. Hell I would settle for the HH-60.

prelude657
09-27-2012, 04:41 AM

Im in it for the TDY's. Austrailia? What planes does that? Hitting up that country in on my bucket list

crewdawg01
09-27-2012, 04:45 AM
Also, many of us aren't excited about being GI Joe and going to the desert twice a year. We have spent our time in the sand enough, and a once a year (or two years) deployments are enough.

Thats what im planning on. I cant wait. I understand they want go to that amazing of places. With the new unit coming to Mildenahll that will open up USAFE for them then Kadena by 2014. So i think we will get to go to some pretty cool places. It will be a brnad new experience especially for me as im in an AETC MX Squadron. If you are on a 130 and have been through the school house in the last 4.5 years. I have worked a plane you got IQTed on. Ready to experience the operational side of the Air Force.

crewdawg01
09-27-2012, 04:47 AM
Im in it for the TDY's. Austrailia? What planes does that? Hitting up that country in on my bucket list

Being on 130's thats all PACAF. They do the whole circle. Austrailia-Japan-Guam-Thailand. I'm not familiar with any other planes on PACAF.

CFDL
09-27-2012, 01:49 PM
Yeah im not sure how this is even happening. But since the creation of the new AFSC people are getting screwed. 1 guy denied palance chase + 1 guy lost his orders a week before departure + 1 guy denied BOP (after being at Tinker for 10 years) and were all getting the excuse that were unbalanced.

Without disclosing to much info, after looking at our manning books there shouldnt be ANY issue with me retraining.

I'm not sure if the FY13 start will change things or not. Hopefully this will be resolved rather quickly.

FE Buckeye Pride
09-28-2012, 04:42 AM

TDYs to lush places = C-130, C-15, KC-10s. Its mainly because of the range of the aircraft.

In January I did a Alaska-Wake Island-Yakota-Hawaii-Alaska run. Then three months later I did Alaska-Guam-Misowa-Hawaii-Alaska run. Ive been to some places in Alaska, like flying over Mt. McKinley, that people will only ever read of. We can do a strat-airlift, so we have excuses to go to cush places. There just is no justification to send 22s and 60s to cool places, other than deployments.

We also run down to San Diego a lot for drops over water. People that are saying this lifestyle is boring can have Cannon's shit hole of a town. Also, you don't know what its like to put a 105,000 pound aircraft onto a 3500 foot dirt landing zone with NVG's, aircraft blacked out, in a hostile fire area. Nor do you know what its like to drop a 10,000 pound military truck along with 20 Army Airborne on 2 passes on NVG's. Its pretty bad ass. Were in combat doing MEDEVAC's, low level (300 AGL) airdrops, and LZ/DZ work. It gets intense.

Choose what you wish for a platform and chose carefully. Take your family into consideration as well. Just remember its going to be a looong time spent at places like Cannon and Kirtland. As I told a buddy of mine doing duties at base in the dirt - have fun shooting guns, Ill be busy taking a 4 day weekend skiing, fishing, hunting, and hiking. lol.

akruse
09-28-2012, 01:04 PM
TDYs to lush places = C-130, C-15, KC-10s. Its mainly because of the range of the aircraft.

In January I did a Alaska-Wake Island-Yakota-Hawaii-Alaska run. Then three months later I did Alaska-Guam-Misowa-Hawaii-Alaska run. Ive been to some places in Alaska, like flying over Mt. McKinley, that people will only ever read of. We can do a strat-airlift, so we have excuses to go to cush places. There just is no justification to send 22s and 60s to cool places, other than deployments.

We also run down to San Diego a lot for drops over water. People that are saying this lifestyle is boring can have Cannon's shit hole of a town. Also, you don't know what its like to put a 105,000 pound aircraft onto a 3500 foot dirt landing zone with NVG's, aircraft blacked out, in a hostile fire area. Nor do you know what its like to drop a 10,000 pound military truck along with 20 Army Airborne on 2 passes on NVG's. Its pretty bad ass. Were in combat doing MEDEVAC's, low level (300 AGL) airdrops, and LZ/DZ work. It gets intense.

Choose what you wish for a platform and chose carefully. Take your family into consideration as well. Just remember its going to be a looong time spent at places like Cannon and Kirtland. As I told a buddy of mine doing duties at base in the dirt - have fun shooting guns, Ill be busy taking a 4 day weekend skiing, fishing, hunting, and hiking. lol.

Sounds like a good time. I prefer my job satisfaction and being just a bit closer to the fight. Nothing like seeing the relief on a wounded guys face when we scream into a hot lz and he gets thrown on. 60's have some pretty cush deployments/tdy's as well you just dont hear about them. If I wasn't on 60's, I would be working towards a AFSOC 130 job though. Those guys do some cool shit.

weezy
09-29-2012, 01:40 AM
Another reason why I want to do something in AFSOC is later on down the road I could have the possibility of applying for the CIA Special Activities Division air branch.

FE Buckeye Pride
09-29-2012, 06:01 AM
Another reason why I want to do something in AFSOC is later on down the road I could have the possibility of applying for the CIA Special Activities Division air branch.

There is a load up here in AK. He flew USAF secret-squirrel ("Green Door" - beyond AFSOC). He doesnt say much of it, but jobs working with the CIA you get chosen for. Just a future tip, as he told me, when you go hunting for it, you seem a bit nosey.

prelude657
09-29-2012, 05:44 PM
We are having an air show here at McConnell this weekend and I got to talk to an FE on C-5's. He assured me that it is one of the best and rewarding jobs out there. You get treated good and he goes TDY all over the world. He actually enjoys coming to work. He told me that once you get out of tech school you have about a year of training at your base to go through. Once you are qualified they pretty much give you TDY's as they are available. He said some people TDY less due to families and some only fly enough to get their hours for the quarter. If you go to a good squadron the veterans usually let the new guys take alot of the trips to get thier feet wet. If you like flying with a big group of people he said C-5 is the way to go.

Logic8807
09-29-2012, 10:46 PM
...and C-5's break all the time in nice places!!!

prelude657
10-01-2012, 04:23 PM
...and C-5's break all the time in nice places!!!

That's what Im counting on. We got a new guy that came to our squadron he said AWACS go to some good places. The deploy to somewhere in south America where per diem is 130 a day. He said they can burn holes in the sky for 16 hours tho.

crewdawg01
10-01-2012, 05:02 PM
45 days and counting....ready to go.

prelude657
10-02-2012, 01:30 AM
45 days and counting....ready to go.
31 days!!!! Im gonna start packing up my house this weekend. I just talked to my buddy thats an FE and he gave me the idea to move out of my apartment. I might as well. On an FE note...my buddy said that his squadron is averaging a 700 dollars in per diem per trip. He said that he can easily do that twice a month. That not including tax free trips to the desert.

FE Buckeye Pride
10-02-2012, 02:07 AM
31 days!!!! Im gonna start packing up my house this weekend. I just talked to my buddy thats an FE and he gave me the idea to move out of my apartment. I might as well. On an FE note...my buddy said that his squadron is averaging a 700 dollars in per diem per trip. He said that he can easily do that twice a month. That not including tax free trips to the desert.

Just a bits of advice:

1) Be sure to have a plan for where you will live in between BFE and FE IQT/MQT. It can be anywhere from 4 months to upwards of a year between the two. It all comes down to slots, manning, and timelines. Stuff you really have zero control over.

2) Never bank on TDY money. They come and go and it all depends on what aircraft you are on. Do you know what you are going to be on?

crewdawg01
10-02-2012, 09:23 AM
1) Be sure to have a plan for where you will live in between BFE and FE IQT/MQT. It can be anywhere from 4 months to upwards of a year between the two. It all comes down to slots, manning, and timelines. Stuff you really have zero control over.

I have a question then...according to my unit once I return from BFE and waiting on FE IQT/MQT. What the hell am I gonna do if im here for four months to upwards of a year? Because according to them I will no longer be able to work the line. I honestly don't wanna be an office B*tch for that long. Then how do i stay proficient with everything I learned while in BFE? Sitting around for that long makes it hard not to brain dump all that.

crewdawg01
10-02-2012, 09:29 AM
31 days!!!! Im gonna start packing up my house this weekend. I just talked to my buddy thats an FE and he gave me the idea to move out of my apartment.

I am currently doing the same thing. My wife and kids are moving back home until i get done with school. If i end up getting on the -22 it should be about 8 months from start to finish before we PCS to Kirtland, NM for IQT. As long as everything works out. It will be nice to bank all that BAH. Gonna suck being without them for that long though.

Anybody on here know the dates for this years Xmas Exodus? Trying to plan a plane ticket to head back home. Thanks.

prelude657
10-02-2012, 03:11 PM
Just a bits of advice:

2) Never bank on TDY money. They come and go and it all depends on what aircraft you are on. Do you know what you are going to be on?

I got buddies that will let me stay with them when I come back. We have a guy that is here and he is only here for a month before he goes back to iqt. hopefully the same thing happens to me. They have me slotted for combat survival 2 weeks after BFE. I'm shooting for C-5's. I wont know until I am down there. I dont plan on working the flightline when I get back my supervision has given up on me and Im pretty sure that they will make me an office bitch. oh well.

prelude657
10-02-2012, 04:55 PM
Just a bits of advice:

Straight from the CEA recruiter about IQT:

Honestly, it depends on what airframe your assigned to. I have seen guys in
the past few weeks go right after BFE and accomplish SERE afterwards and
then I have seen guys sit for a few months.

FE Buckeye Pride
10-03-2012, 05:19 AM
I have a question then...according to my unit once I return from BFE and waiting on FE IQT/MQT. What the hell am I gonna do if im here for four months to upwards of a year? Because according to them I will no longer be able to work the line. I honestly don't wanna be an office B*tch for that long. Then how do i stay proficient with everything I learned while in BFE? Sitting around for that long makes it hard not to brain dump all that.

It is true, you won't be able to do anything as far as maintenance when you return. Your new AFSC doesn't allow you to perform MX. You also won't be qualified to do anything aircrew related as you will be a "UF" (Unqualified Flight Eng). You would need to be assigned to an aircraft, be on indoc or training and have an instructor.

Likely you will be on b"*tch duties or leave. As far as BFE knowledge goes - dont worry the course is a "learn and dump" after each test. You aren't given any true knowledge, just checking your ability to study and regurgitate information.

You will "learn" about the very basics of turboprops, turbofans, valves, characteristics of various aircraft, gearboxes, pumps, weather, TOLD, form F's, how to read charts and maps, physics, and general navigation.

Every airframe has different TOLD charts, form F's, maps, etc. None of this info will be stuff you are expected to have long term knowledge of. Its a wash out course. Just memorize and pass the test. You will be given a new test or two every week.

weezy
10-03-2012, 07:47 AM
It is true, you won't be able to do anything as far as maintenance when you return. Your new AFSC doesn't allow you to perform MX. You also won't be qualified to do anything aircrew related as you will be a "UF" (Unqualified Flight Eng). You would need to be assigned to an aircraft, be on indoc or training and have an instructor.

Likely you will be on b"*tch duties or leave. As far as BFE knowledge goes - dont worry the course is a "learn and dump" after each test. You aren't given any true knowledge, just checking your ability to study and regurgitate information.

It could also depend on your leadership. Seeing as how you're worthless they might let you take four hour lunches, two hour gym time, and let you "out-process". That's how my section chief is when somebody is two weeks out of PCSing or going TDY. I remember a week before coming out here our conversation went some thing like this:

TSgt: "Go out-process."
Me: "But I'm already done."
TSgt: "GO OUT-PROCESS...."

FE Buckeye Pride
10-03-2012, 08:38 AM
It could also depend on your leadership. Seeing as how you're worthless they might let you take four hour lunches, two hour gym time, and let you "out-process". That's how my section chief is when somebody is two weeks out of PCSing or going TDY. I remember a week before coming out here our conversation went some thing like this:

TSgt: "Go out-process."
Me: "But I'm already done."
TSgt: "GO OUT-PROCESS...."

Yeah, mine wanted me around at first to handle small crap around the office. I think it may have been a bit of a personal slight since I was taking up a spot on the manning roster while being worthless to them. After a couple days I was annoying them with my limited duties so I just "our processed" all day as well. lol

YaKkO
10-11-2012, 03:26 AM
Sup guys. Been away from the forum for a while. Life gets real fast! Just checkin in to see whats up and answer questions if possible. I'm in Instructor Upgrade currently (Hence the life getting real fast part lol).

Golther
10-11-2012, 04:14 AM
Sup guys. Been away from the forum for a while. Life gets real fast! Just checkin in to see whats up and answer questions if possible. I'm in Instructor Upgrade currently (Hence the life getting real fast part lol).

Lucky you man. I would be going to instructor school myself right now if I had retainabililty, but I do not because of my lack of stripe or lack of line number for a stripe.

YaKkO
10-11-2012, 04:17 AM
You HRT??????

Golther
10-11-2012, 12:31 PM
You HRT??????

No not yet. I have 2 more shots at it, but with FE cutoff being at 316 it is not looking to good for me. We have one guy in our shop that has one more try until he hits HYT.

prelude657
10-13-2012, 03:10 PM
Any updates down at the school house? Planes, locations, advice? I'll start my trot down to Lackland in 13 days. Our squadron is losing 7 levels left and right to FE's.lol I cant wait to drop this 2a5x1 off my afsc list.

crewdawg01
10-16-2012, 12:29 AM
Any updates down at the school house? Planes, locations, advice?

I am also interested to find out what people are getting choice wise? I havent heard much on the CV-22 are people requesting it or staying away from it? I cant wait to get down there 29 days and counting.

I'll start my trot down to Lackland in 13 days.

You will be starting BFE when i get there for Fundies!

prelude657
10-19-2012, 01:53 PM
I know man. Im ready to do this. Monday is my last day of work then I have "outprocessing" to do.lol

ashtnn
10-25-2012, 11:53 PM
Just a quick update. The class ahead of mine graduated today. I believe they had 1 or 2 CV-22s, a UH-1 and a KC-10 (Travis.) Not sure if there was more than that but that's just what I heard from a classmate. We're in block 5(fixed wing TOLD) right now, testing out of that on tuesday. With any luck we'll get our assignments next week or the week after. Everyone's been getting something in their top 3 lately so hopefully that holds true. I put JSTARS as my #1. PM me if you're coming down here soon and have any specific questions.

prelude657
10-26-2012, 05:31 AM
Cool cool Stay away from my C-5 guys.lol I talked to the FE retraining liasson and there are 24 C-5's spots left so I'm hoping im in there like swimwear. I've been hearing about alot of Travis pcs'n. c-5 or kc-10.....I'll take either one in order to get to the bay area!!!

prelude657
10-28-2012, 07:44 PM
I got my orders in my hand and heading down to Lackland on Wednesday. Anybody in the class this week?

caliphil916
10-30-2012, 07:30 PM
I got my orders in my hand and heading down to Lackland on Wednesday. Anybody in the class this week?

Shit I wish man, I'll be heading down to Lackland with crewdawg01 on the 15th. We should all get together for a beer sometime!

prelude657
10-31-2012, 01:24 AM
Shit I wish man, I'll be heading down to Lackland with crewdawg01 on the 15th. We should all get together for a beer sometime!

No problem. I'm not sure if any of you are travelers but I'm gonna check out Austin and Houston while I'm down there. I head out in the am. Kelly lodging will be closed for a few weeks in dec. and open back up the first week in jan. they will put you on lackland when they close. Make sure you tell lodging that you want to go back to Kelly in jan. so you can get that higher per down.

prelude657
10-31-2012, 01:25 AM
No problem. I'm not sure if any of you are travelers but I'm gonna check out Austin and Houston while I'm down there. I head out in the am. Kelly lodging will be closed for a few weeks in dec. and open back up the first week in jan. they will put you on lackland when they close. Make sure you tell lodging that you want to go back to Kelly in jan. so you can get that higher per down.
Damn auto spell----per diem

caliphil916
10-31-2012, 01:45 AM
Damn auto spell----per diem

Yeah man I'm down to do some traveling while I'm there too. When I called a month or two back to make reservations at kelly, they said I had to make reservations at lackland because they would be closed for some time. Didn't bother arguing with them. Maybe I'll give them a call and see if I can change to Kelly and do what you're suggesting. Good luck with the drive! Where you driving from? I'll be coming from Little Rock.

crewdawg01
10-31-2012, 07:33 PM
Yeah man I'm down to do some traveling while I'm there too. When I called a month or two back to make reservations at kelly, they said I had to make reservations at lackland because they would be closed for some time. Didn't bother arguing with them. Maybe I'll give them a call and see if I can change to Kelly and do what you're suggesting. Good luck with the drive! Where you driving from? I'll be coming from Little Rock.

Yea we need to check that out. I would rather stay on kelly while we can.

prelude657
11-04-2012, 11:49 PM
mcconnell in Wichita KS. I made it here in 9 hours. I did the first day of Aircrew Fundies. No problem. My first full week is tomorrow, but it doesnt seem too bad.

ashtnn
11-05-2012, 02:42 AM
Fundies isn't bad, but don't slack either. Get used to studying quite a bit, because you'll be doing a lot of it in BFE. We're done with block 7 in the morning and onto block 8, should be out of here next week. Still no word on assignments yet, but hopefully we get them soon.

crewdawg01
11-05-2012, 04:01 PM
Fundies isn't bad, but don't slack either. Get used to studying quite a bit, because you'll be doing a lot of it in BFE. We're done with block 7 in the morning and onto block 8, should be out of here next week. Still no word on assignments yet, but hopefully we get them soon.

So are u waiting on assignments for your airframes or do you not even know what air frames yall have gotten yet? What did yall choose?

ashtnn
11-05-2012, 10:16 PM
So are u waiting on assignments for your airframes or do you not even know what air frames yall have gotten yet? What did yall choose?

Got our assignments this morning. 3 of us got CV-22s (me) and 1 C-130. The 3 of us that got them all had them at or near the bottom of our list, so we were caught way off guard. I'm trying to find the positives though, no sense getting upset over something I can't control. Take the punches as they come I suppose.

caliphil916
11-05-2012, 10:24 PM
Got our assignments this morning. 3 of us got CV-22s (me) and 1 C-130. The 3 of us that got them all had them at or near the bottom of our list, so we were caught way off guard. I'm trying to find the positives though, no sense getting upset over something I can't control. Take the punches as they come I suppose.

Just curious, what were your top 3 airframes that you requested? Did you receive assignments as well or just airframes?

ashtnn
11-05-2012, 10:46 PM
My top 3 were JSTARS, KC-10s, and C-5s. We got our assignments, but I'd rather not post them since it's a small world. Hopefully you understand. PM me if you're really curious.

caliphil916
11-05-2012, 10:56 PM
My top 3 were JSTARS, KC-10s, and C-5s. We got our assignments, but I'd rather not post them since it's a small world. Hopefully you understand. PM me if you're really curious.

Yeah man I totally understand. I'm gonna go on a limb and guess a lot of guys put KC-10s and C-5s on the top of their lists. I was told from the functional that if the CV-22 is anywhere on your list then there's a good shot that you'll get it. Who knows maybe you'll end up loving the Osprey and its mission.

caliphil916
11-05-2012, 10:56 PM

Yeah man I totally understand. I'm gonna go on a limb and guess a lot of guys put KC-10s and C-5s on the top of their lists. I was told from the functional that if the CV-22 is anywhere on your list then there's a good shot that you'll get it. Who knows maybe you'll end up loving the Osprey and its mission.

ashtnn
11-05-2012, 11:02 PM
3 of us had KC-10s and C-5s in our top 3. The other guy didn't really want AMC birds. And yeah I'm hoping that I end up loving the plane and mission. From what I've read it seems pretty cool. I'm not too stoked on Clovis/Cannon, but maybe I can get back to England or over to florida after a couple years. Those two I can deal with. Plus, being a 1A9 now opens the door to some other stuff that I wouldn't have the option to do as a 1A1.

caliphil916
11-06-2012, 01:02 AM
3 of us had KC-10s and C-5s in our top 3. The other guy didn't really want AMC birds. And yeah I'm hoping that I end up loving the plane and mission. From what I've read it seems pretty cool. I'm not too stoked on Clovis/Cannon, but maybe I can get back to England or over to florida after a couple years. Those two I can deal with. Plus, being a 1A9 now opens the door to some other stuff that I wouldn't have the option to do as a 1A1.

Yeah I don't think too many people would be stoked to be in cannon haha. However since you'll be in AFSOC, you'll be in a high speed squadron which means a lot of time away from cannon hopefully. Definately get to see and do some cool stuff on that airframe. Good luck finishing up BFE and your follow on schools!

crewdawg01
11-06-2012, 01:27 AM

That should be great news for me as it will be my number one choice when i get there.

prelude657
11-09-2012, 07:23 PM

Damn I wonder what happen. I guess it is the luck of the draw. who would have ever thought. I just finished block 1 of aircraft fundies today. For all you guys coming down here in the next few weeks, make sure you study your ass off and you will be fine. They over prepare you but that is a good thing cause you will see the test and know all the answers. We had one guy fail out of a class of 18. The class grade average was a little over 95%. We are all going to 6 flags tomorrow to relieve some stress :)

axtonmyers
11-09-2012, 11:52 PM
Quite a bit of good info in this thread, really appreciate all the added info people have shared throughout the years. I myself just got accepted for retraining for FE and will be heading through lackland around March timeframe. Anyone heading around that time?

BUSH IRISH
11-10-2012, 06:20 AM
I will probably see you in fundies, I start beginning of March. Did you get SERE dates as well?

stark
11-10-2012, 07:22 AM
Going to fundies in January, anyone else heading down around then?

caliphil916
11-10-2012, 05:35 PM
Damn I wonder what happen. I guess it is the luck of the draw. who would have ever thought. I just finished block 1 of aircraft fundies today. For all you guys coming down here in the next few weeks, make sure you study your ass off and you will be fine. They over prepare you but that is a good thing cause you will see the test and know all the answers. We had one guy fail out of a class of 18. The class grade average was a little over 95%. We are all going to 6 flags tomorrow to relieve some stress :)

Heading down thursday, stoked.

axtonmyers
11-11-2012, 07:14 AM
Yup got dates for SERE as well, but thats all subject to change depending on what we get as airframes, or atleast that how I understood it. Personally hoping for C-5's and Kc-10s but in all honesty, as long as I'm not packing the 2A851C AFSC I'll be a happy camper.

prelude657
11-11-2012, 04:20 PM
I'll try to keep everybody in the loop as I go through training week by week. If you want to make full per diem stay at kelly 66 dollars. its about a 25 minutes drive in the morning due to traffic but its better than 16 dollars a day on lackland.

crewdawg01
11-14-2012, 01:50 PM
On the road to Lackland. About 5 hrs out. Heading in a day earlier to get a feel for the place.

weezy
11-14-2012, 03:57 PM
Going to fundies in January, anyone else heading down around then?

I start fundies on the 8th. You?

crewdawg01
11-15-2012, 07:07 PM
First day of fundies tommorow. I will try and keep eberyone updated on how it goes. If you are around message me and i will give you my number and we can hang out or something.

FE Buckeye Pride
11-17-2012, 06:25 PM

Unfortunately bubba this is how aircraft selection goes. People come into BFE/Fundies after having talked to some FE section chief at some base that got their hopes up for that members dream plane. I said it a couple pages back, it doesnt matter who you talk to or what you put down, it all comes down to the Functional and Air Force needs that week.

Sorry you didnt get what you had wished for man, but you can get off that aircraft in a few years. I had a very good friend of mine get his last selection, HH60s Nellis. Its a roll of the dice.

prelude657
11-20-2012, 01:50 PM
Almost done with fundies. Passed block two. Next step altitude chamber.

caliphil916
11-22-2012, 04:05 PM
Almost done with fundies. Passed block two. Next step altitude chamber.

Congrats man, we test out of block 1 on tuesday after the long weekend.

prelude657
11-25-2012, 05:17 PM
Congrats man, we test out of block 1 on tuesday after the long weekend.

if you study hard. it will be a cakewalk.

caliphil916
11-26-2012, 06:56 PM
if you study hard. it will be a cakewalk.

Block 1 test complied with

crewdawg01
11-27-2012, 01:58 AM
Just a quick update tested out of block 1 of aircrew fundamentals started with 20 and we dropped 2 due to failure. The other class that started with us started with 14 and dropped 7 due to failure. So my advice when you get here you better study bc trust me it aint as easy as some people are letting on. stay tuned for more.

prelude657
11-27-2012, 03:07 AM
Just a quick update tested out of block 1 of aircrew fundamentals started with 20 and we dropped 2 due to failure. The other class that started with us started with 14 and dropped 7 due to failure. So my advice when you get here you better study bc trust me it aint as easy as some people are letting on. stay tuned for more.

7 people? wow!! thats nuts!! they obviously didnt study. we had 3 total between both blocks.

BigBaze
11-27-2012, 04:40 AM
If you get KC-10's expect to stay there for awhile, the whole 4 year and I can switch airframes is not a given. We have just lost several more guys to retirement and one to depth perception since AMC would not waive his failure. The functional came down and said that the only way you could go to another airframe would be to do a 3 year tour at Scott at the Tanker Airlift Control Center (TACC) or right down there at the schoolhouse at Lackland. Those are the only two non flying assignments that you are able to keep your 1A1 AFSC. Other then that they shot down one of our guy's sensor operator package, our career field is hurting again.

BUSH IRISH
11-27-2012, 11:30 PM
Are those that are failing pipeline guys or retrainees?

Also, anyone that drove to fundies have SERE dates within 5 days of graduation?

Golther
11-30-2012, 02:54 AM
For future reference to anyone applying that requires and ETP. All you need is an ETP and doesn't even have to be approved it just needs his signature and I am a living testament to that.

Golther
11-30-2012, 02:55 AM

I think mine were about 10 days from graduation. I do know of people (usually guard or reserve) that go to SERE before Fundies.

prelude657
11-30-2012, 10:07 PM
If you get KC-10's expect to stay there for awhile, the whole 4 year and I can switch airframes is not a given. We have just lost several more guys to retirement and one to depth perception since AMC would not waive his failure. The functional came down and said that the only way you could go to another airframe would be to do a 3 year tour at Scott at the Tanker Airlift Control Center (TACC) or right down there at the schoolhouse at Lackland. Those are the only two non flying assignments that you are able to keep your 1A1 AFSC. Other then that they shot down one of our guy's sensor operator package, our career field is hurting again.

For all you future FE coming to the school house. You will have twelve choices but don't expect to be considered for about half of them. I'm not sure what planes they are but due to government funding and backup in the training pipeline some planes are just not going to be available. I'm almost positive that I wont get my top choice :( Only time will tell Block 1 of BFE is in the books.

caliphil916
12-02-2012, 03:09 PM

We had two pipeline guys fail out on the Block 1 test during fundies. Also had a prior Security Forces member fail out. Testing out of Block 2 come tuesday. YOU NEED TO STUDY!!! Does not matter if you come from MX, you will not pass this course if you don't hit the books. Yes almost all of use priors that drove down here have sere dates within 5 days except for a guard guy.

BUSH IRISH
12-03-2012, 10:53 PM
Thanks for the info.

If you don't mind me asking, how are those that drove getting to SERE? I ask because I am a 20 hour drive to Lackland and they are trying to make me stay at lackland to fly out, then pay my own flight back to San Antonio.

I am guessing most that are driving are a bit closer than I am, but for jee whiz sake.

BigBaze
12-03-2012, 11:44 PM
Thanks for the info.

If you don't mind me asking, how are those that drove getting to SERE? I ask because I am a 20 hour drive to Lackland and they are trying to make me stay at lackland to fly out, then pay my own flight back to San Antonio.

I am guessing most that are driving are a bit closer than I am, but for jee whiz sake.

Trust me, once SERE is done you will want to fly home. They should be paying both ways to and from SERE

caliphil916
12-04-2012, 02:08 AM
Thanks for the info.

I am leaving my car on Lackland and flying to SERE, then flying back to San Antonio to pick my car up and drive back to my home station. I told my RA my plans and he said that they will pay for my flight to and from SERE, however they might not pay for my mialeage back to home station. It wasn't a big deal to me since having a car for 3 months in San Antonio is totally worth it. Its only a 9 hour drive for me and I get 40mpg so its not a big issue for me. They should pay for your flights but most likely not for the mialeage when you return to home station. If you have anymore questions ask away.

crewdawg01
12-04-2012, 03:29 PM
Just tested out of Block 2 of AFC. Should have my score shortly and found out if anyone failed this one. Anybody coming down between now and the end of january?

caliphil916
12-04-2012, 06:22 PM
Done with Block 2, class average was 96% so no failures. Off to the chamber we go..

axtonmyers
12-06-2012, 09:52 PM
Did anyone else thats going into classes soon just get a new rip saying that the class changed from L2ALR1A131 048B to L2ALR1A131 048A. That mean anything special or just a change in title. I tried looking it up on the AETC website for classes and nothing comes up.

weezy
12-06-2012, 09:58 PM
Did anyone else thats going into classes soon just get a new rip saying that the class changed from L2ALR1A131 048B to L2ALR1A131 048A. That mean anything special or just a change in title. I tried looking it up on the AETC website for classes and nothing comes up.

Yup and it doesn't seem to mean anything except a change in the course code.

axtonmyers
12-06-2012, 10:07 PM
Well alright, good to know. Anyone else heading that way early March? I'm quite stoked at the opportunity and can't wait to get this ball rolling.

crewdawg01
12-10-2012, 05:42 PM
Well alright, good to know. Anyone else heading that way early March? I'm quite stoked at the opportunity and can't wait to get this ball rolling.

The Aircrew Fundamentals Course is changing it is not going to be two weeks any more after the first of the year. Also an update on the 1A9 AFSC. There will only be one more class of 1A1 flight engineers in early january who will be able to choose Helo's and AFSOC assets listed as 1A9 career fields. All classes after that you will be either be 1A1 or 1A9 and you should know either before you get to Lackland or during fundamentals. I just started basic flight engineer today and when we were handed our dream sheets you have 12 airframes to choose from and from those you really only get four choices bc it seems alot of school houses are backed up right now. Meaning the air force isnt going to pay you to sit around and wait for your preferred choice when they can stick you in an open seat. Good luck to everyone. Any questions just let me know.

axtonmyers
12-11-2012, 12:16 AM
The Aircrew Fundamentals Course is changing it is not going to be two weeks any more after the first of the year. Also an update on the 1A9 AFSC. There will only be one more class of 1A1 flight engineers in early january who will be able to choose Helo's and AFSOC assets listed as 1A9 career fields. All classes after that you will be either be 1A1 or 1A9 and you should know either before you get to Lackland or during fundamentals. I just started basic flight engineer today and when we were handed our dream sheets you have 12 airframes to choose from and from those you really only get four choices bc it seems alot of school houses are backed up right now. Meaning the air force isnt going to pay you to sit around and wait for your preferred choice when they can stick you in an open seat. Good luck to everyone. Any questions just let me know.

So are you allowed to let us know what the 12 air frames are or not? I realize I can find it on the web and I have found a few before but I always felt that I had missed out on quite a few that may be listed but that that I just didn't find. Thanks in advance.

BUSH IRISH
12-11-2012, 01:38 AM

At least it sounds like there is a chance to go 1A9 still. Last word I had gotten from the CEA is that the chances of going AFSOC after the 1A9 schoolhouse opened was next to nil. FE on anything is better than desk work any day. Good info.

BUSH IRISH
12-11-2012, 01:39 AM

At least it sounds like there is a chance to go 1A9 still. Last word I had gotten from the CEA is that the chances of going AFSOC after the 1A9 schoolhouse opened was next to nil. FE on anything is better than desk work any day. Good info.

axtonmyers
12-11-2012, 02:18 AM

Or working the flightline for that matter. 10 years for me, can't wait to try my luck in the air for the last 10.

FE Buckeye Pride
12-11-2012, 07:19 AM

Hopefully with a split of 1A1 and 1A9 they will get rid of all the Helo and CV-22 crap from the current CDCs we traditional FEs are forced to study and not give two craps about. Sorry man, but Im flying combat Herks, I shouldnt be required to know the physics behind a tilt-rotor or HH-60.

BUSH IRISH
12-11-2012, 09:56 PM

Did you ever get more clarification on the course change from B to A? Mine is still showing up B in both vMPF and AMS.

BigBaze
12-11-2012, 10:38 PM
Hopefully with a split of 1A1 and 1A9 they will get rid of all the Helo and CV-22 crap from the current CDCs we traditional FEs are forced to study and not give two craps about. Sorry man, but Im flying combat Herks, I shouldnt be required to know the physics behind a tilt-rotor or HH-60.

Just got an email stating CDC's are gone for the FE career field, anyone currently in them is to discontinue them..great news.

axtonmyers
12-11-2012, 11:33 PM
Did you ever get more clarification on the course change from B to A? Mine is still showing up B in both vMPF and AMS.

Nope, no new clarification. And mine still shows the same as yours as B. All I need to really know is that my class is still scheduled for the 8th of March for fundies anyways. Other than that, they can do whatever else they want. The could call the class Aircrew babies and it wouldnt' matter to me, I just wanna get up in the air.

Thanks for the info also BigBaze

BUSH IRISH
12-12-2012, 12:24 AM
Cool, I was wondering if it had to do with 1A9/1A1, but its out of my hands anyway. I will see you there in Mar.

axtonmyers
12-12-2012, 01:53 AM
Cool, I was wondering if it had to do with 1A9/1A1, but its out of my hands anyway. I will see you there in Mar.

Yup, I'll be driving down there since i'm stationed at Dyess, its a short drive comparatively speaking. Should pan out to being a good time, although I see myself being in the books alot.

FE Buckeye Pride
12-12-2012, 02:21 AM
Just got an email stating CDC's are gone for the FE career field, anyone currently in them is to discontinue them..great news.

Ive gotten the email that the first test "Aircrew Fundamentals" was canceled. This was after me taking it. I have yet to hear any words about the actual 1A151 CDC's being canceled. Especially since Im in vol 3, set to test out of them next month.

BigBaze
12-12-2012, 02:38 AM
Ive gotten the email that the first test "Aircrew Fundamentals" was canceled. This was after me taking it. I have yet to hear any words about the actual 1A151 CDC's being canceled. Especially since Im in vol 3, set to test out of them next month.

I'll have to get you a copy of the actual email, it told us that all of them were gone

stark
12-12-2012, 04:16 AM

If you have your course codes, it says the afsc in it. I just realized that after going back to look at one of mine, it has 1A911 at the end. So just double check to see if yours is 1A1 or 1A9.

FE Buckeye Pride
12-12-2012, 04:47 AM
I'll have to get you a copy of the actual email, it told us that all of them were gone

Yeah, Ill PM ya. Thanks bud.

jazzcat23
12-12-2012, 05:21 AM
Five years and the thread is still going strong...

axtonmyers
12-13-2012, 03:25 AM

Hey Irish if were in the same class you may wanna check in with formal training. Looks like our class dates changed. FYI, if were not going the same time then disregard.

BUSH IRISH
12-13-2012, 05:22 AM
Hey Irish if were in the same class you may wanna check in with formal training. Looks like our class dates changed. FYI, if were not going the same time then disregard.

I am pretty sure our class dates were the same. I am at a GSU ROTC Detachment so my formal training support is sketchy at best. Shooting a PM your way.

axtonmyers
12-13-2012, 11:33 PM
Well, quite a few changes going on throughout the career field. Big Baze, got a question for you though. Hows the manning looking there for KC-10's, thats actually my top pick really. Just wondering what the chances may be, although Air Force needs dictate placement where they need me.

Robert F. Dorr
12-14-2012, 02:10 AM
Haven't seen anything from my favorite flight engineer for quite some time.

BigBaze
12-14-2012, 02:39 AM
Well, quite a few changes going on throughout the career field. Big Baze, got a question for you though. Hows the manning looking there for KC-10's, thats actually my top pick really. Just wondering what the chances may be, although Air Force needs dictate placement where they need me.

I have not looked at the actual manning numbers since the functional came down a few months ago. Judging from what I see in the squadron as far as physical numbers I would say you have a very good chance. We are losing even more guys, since one is going back to MX because of eyesight, and one got a sensor operator package approved. We lost another to retirement, one to the OG, and another to Scott. We currently have 7 students in the pipeline, but I'd put it at the top of your list, and go for it...good luck!

axtonmyers
12-17-2012, 09:03 PM
Any updates from the guys currently in BFE, how are things going for ya'll?

caliphil916
12-18-2012, 04:37 AM
Any updates from the guys currently in BFE, how are things going for ya'll?

Started Block 3 today, test for it on thursday. Math is a mother fucker.

FE Buckeye Pride
12-19-2012, 07:47 AM
Started Block 3 today, test for it on thursday. Math is a mother fucker.

Just use the stupid triangle formula sheet they gave you and you will be just fine. I remember that test from 2.5 years ago. Most math Ive done as an Engineer since. lol.

prelude657
12-19-2012, 05:13 PM
Just use the stupid triangle formula sheet they gave you and you will be just fine. I remember that test from 2.5 years ago. Most math Ive done as an Engineer since. lol.

You better enjoy block three while you can. Just tested out of block 5. I passed but I can't see anything but I can't see. My eyes hurt from all the charts reading. Y'all better get ready. It gets live in block 5!

ashtnn
12-19-2012, 05:24 PM
You better enjoy block three while you can. Just tested out of block 5. I passed but I can't see anything but I can't see. My eyes hurt from all the charts reading. Y'all better get ready. It gets live in block 5!

I take it you got your H60 charts? Those things are fucking tiny. And then you get to CV-22 data....

FE Buckeye Pride
12-19-2012, 07:02 PM

Bro, wait til you get out of BFE and through your flight schools. One day you will be on the road doing a troop movement somewhere (CONUS or OCONUS) and the pilot will turn around and ask "Hey Eng, what CAN we take."

Using only the basic aircraft weight, runway info, and weather you will have to figure out what your allowable weight will be. You will do this by running all the charts backwards and then forwards a couple times. Called "ACL" cards. Get used to cahrt reading, its where an Engineer makes his money (along with a pre-flight).

axtonmyers
12-20-2012, 09:44 PM
Hey Irish, looks like the changed dates on us again, don't forget to check in with training. Not only that looks like they're asking whether or not we would like to go 1A9 with class dates as early as January.

BUSH IRISH
12-20-2012, 10:41 PM
Hey Irish, looks like the changed dates on us again, don't forget to check in with training. Not only that looks like they're asking whether or not we would like to go 1A9 with class dates as early as January.

Hey Axton, the CEA actually put out a call by email looking for 1A9 vols this morning. I responded and got picked up, I start class 11 Jan now. Crazy ass morning!

axtonmyers
12-20-2012, 10:56 PM
Hey Axton, the CEA actually put out a call by email looking for 1A9 vols this morning. I responded and got picked up, I start class 11 Jan now. Crazy ass morning!

Thats awesome, good for you, I in all honesty don't know if I wanna be a 1A9. I mean thats no longer an FE or am I incorrect in that statement. I understood it as a combination of Loads, gunners, and FE duties into one on SOF aircraft. I mean I guess HH-60's wouldn't be bad or the huey's but i'm not too stoked about gunships and CV's.

BUSH IRISH
12-21-2012, 02:39 AM
Thats awesome, good for you, I in all honesty don't know if I wanna be a 1A9. I mean thats no longer an FE or am I incorrect in that statement. I understood it as a combination of Loads, gunners, and FE duties into one on SOF aircraft. I mean I guess HH-60's wouldn't be bad or the huey's but i'm not too stoked about gunships and CV's.

Thanks man, I know on Helos its Gunner/FE and on AC-130 it Load/FE. As far as I know you will still have the same basic FE duties just possibly shared with former Loads and Guns. Not stoked about possibly getting Clovis, but this was probably my only shot at HH-60's, so we roll the dice.

ashtnn
12-21-2012, 02:47 AM
Thanks man, I know on Helos its Gunner/FE and on AC-130 it Load/FE. As far as I know you will still have the same basic FE duties just possibly shared with former Loads and Guns. Not stoked about possibly getting Clovis, but this was probably my only shot at HH-60's, so we roll the dice.

I got my 12th airframe and the worst base (cannon) and I've come to terms with my fate. It ain't all bad.

weezy
12-21-2012, 04:33 AM
So who here is starting fundies on the 11th for 1A9?

caliphil916
12-22-2012, 03:05 PM

Lol yeah! That triangle sheet they gave us along with some other notes and formulas worked out. Started block 4 on thursday and don't test until two days after we get back from exodus. We are very thankful to have our books over the break, gives us some extra time to study.

weezy
12-22-2012, 05:54 PM
So I am getting conflicting answers on how to get my orders... Do you have to file a travel voucher to recieve your orders or do you wait unti AETC e-mails you on how to recieve your orders?

BUSH IRISH
12-22-2012, 11:25 PM
I got my 12th airframe and the worst base (cannon) and I've come to terms with my fate. It ain't all bad.
Haha, all you can do I guess. If I end up in Clovis I would be the same way. I have been in San Bernardino CA for 4 years, figure I can only go up from here.

BUSH IRISH
12-22-2012, 11:28 PM
So I am getting conflicting answers on how to get my orders... Do you have to file a travel voucher to recieve your orders or do you wait unti AETC e-mails you on how to recieve your orders?

I have not done mine yet, but I will be doing them in DTS. Formal training has to load your info and LOA etc into DTS first, then you complete them. I am getting 2 separate sets, one for tech school, and one for SERE.

caliphil916
12-22-2012, 11:49 PM

I think you're in the classroom right across from us haha.

ashtnn
12-23-2012, 04:36 PM
I have not done mine yet, but I will be doing them in DTS. Formal training has to load your info and LOA etc into DTS first, then you complete them. I am getting 2 separate sets, one for tech school, and one for SERE.

I didn't have any orders for BFE because I'm stationed here at lackland. For SERE, I got an email from the TDY-To-School people and they give you instructions on how to do everything. If you feel like you're getting too close for comfort to your departure, track down the number for the tdy-to-school office and give them a call.

axtonmyers
12-27-2012, 09:48 PM
Looks like I may be leaving early also, but staying in the 1A1 field.

BUSH IRISH
12-28-2012, 03:24 AM
Nice, Jan/Feb?

axtonmyers
12-28-2012, 03:59 AM
Nice, Jan/Feb?

Looks like maybe Feb, just waiting on word from the Pipeline manager.

axtonmyers
12-28-2012, 09:42 PM
Looks like maybe Feb, just waiting on word from the Pipeline manager.

Confirmed...heading that way in Feb.

BUSH IRISH
12-29-2012, 11:35 PM
Confirmed...heading that way in Feb.

Cool, I will see ya down there I am sure... won't be able to give you much info on school cause of 1A9, but I will relay what I can.

caliphil916
12-30-2012, 07:50 PM
Cool, I will see ya down there I am sure... won't be able to give you much info on school cause of 1A9, but I will relay what I can.

Here's the info you need for school... Bring a positive attitude, stay motivated and be ready to study your ass off. Also, don't take fundies lightly. It's sent a few priors home before. My class is reaching the halfway point of BFE and its only getting tougher. Have fun while you're here!

BUSH IRISH
12-30-2012, 11:32 PM
Lot's of studying seems to be the common theme; I am sure separates those that want it with those that don't. As critical a job as it is, best those that don't are weeded out. Looking forward to the challenge.

caliphil916
12-31-2012, 12:14 AM
Lot's of studying seems to be the common theme; I am sure separates those that want it with those that don't. As critical a job as it is, best those that don't are weeded out. Looking forward to the challenge.

well said.