PDA

View Full Version : Flight Engineer retraining

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17

BigBaze
01-14-2010, 08:29 PM
Welcome to the thread! If you get KC10's at McGuire, hit me up I'll give you ll the info you'll need. I am hitting about 800 hours on her since becoming mission qual last July.

You'll most likely be coming right back to McGuire on the -10 then, if you are stationed there already, If it is is anything like it was when we went through.

KC10
01-14-2010, 09:13 PM
Just a heads up, I had to extend for 36 months as well. After that was all done I get a e-mail from a guy at HQ AETC saying that the we actually need 48 months as stated in the BFE course reporting instructions. Not saying if you do or don't but just be on the look out for that. He said individuals would not be able to proceed to IQT unless they had the 48 month retainability. Can somebody currently/recently in the pipeline verify this?
Thanks for the heads up. I am also curious; can anyone verify?

akruse
01-14-2010, 10:04 PM
I got the same email a while back.

onyx
01-14-2010, 10:27 PM
Just a heads up, I had to extend for 36 months as well. After that was all done I get a e-mail from a guy at HQ AETC saying that the we actually need 48 months as stated in the BFE course reporting instructions. Not saying if you do or don't but just be on the look out for that. He said individuals would not be able to proceed to IQT unless they had the 48 month retainability. Can somebody currently/recently in the pipeline verify this?

Yup. tis' true.

KC10
01-14-2010, 11:48 PM
Thanks for comfirming; now I'll get with MPF and try to push it out...

The most you can add on is 23 months, right? If so, I may be screwed... I REALLY don't want to re-enlist.

turbotyme7
01-15-2010, 11:15 AM
Straight from ETCA website for the BFE course I.D.

ADSC/DESC: Members are required to obtain 48 months retainability based on the date of graduation from AFC (L3AQR1A111) NLT 10 days after notification of training. If required retainability is not obtained, the member is not authorized to proceed to the Course of Initial Entry and AFPC/DPPAET, AF Retraining, must be notified to cancel the training.

akruse
01-15-2010, 11:33 AM
Straight from ETCA website for the BFE course I.D.

ADSC/DESC: Members are required to obtain 48 months retainability based on the date of graduation from AFC (L3AQR1A111) NLT 10 days after notification of training. If required retainability is not obtained, the member is not authorized to proceed to the Course of Initial Entry and AFPC/DPPAET, AF Retraining, must be notified to cancel the training.

I have also heard that the AFI always trumps any ETCA guidance though. As of right now I have 36 months. Will do some more digging.

xCHICOx
01-15-2010, 01:44 PM
Thanks for comfirming; now I'll get with MPF and try to push it out...

The most you can add on is 23 months, right? If so, I may be screwed... I REALLY don't want to re-enlist.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong..... 23 if your a FTA and up to 48 months if your a career Amn. Depends how much retainability you have after graduation plus the 23 month extension if you will have to re-enlist or not.

fallenight
01-15-2010, 05:23 PM
hi talked to the new total force guys after i got approved on my second enlistment by the way and they told me 36 month from end of my class.

KC10
01-15-2010, 05:42 PM
Extending as I speak.... Sitting at mpf...

My extra 23 months will bring me out to 4 June 2014, but the required retainability (48 mo. After BFE grad) is 17 June 2014. Will these 13 days matter, or will it just be rounded up?

MPF is unsure, but thinking that it might just round up.

If only I had a class date a month earlier.... Haha

xCHICOx
01-15-2010, 07:19 PM
Extending as I speak.... Sitting at mpf...

My extra 23 months will bring me out to 4 June 2014, but the required retainability (48 mo. After BFE grad) is 17 June 2014. Will these 13 days matter, or will it just be rounded up?

MPF is unsure, but thinking that it might just round up.

If only I had a class date a month earlier.... Haha

I extended for 48 and i will be like 11 days short of the 48 as well. "Hopefully" they won't matter.

KC10
01-15-2010, 07:31 PM
Just got off the phone with AFPC - the lady said that they are "incremented up by the month," so that apparently as long as you are in the same month you are good.
If anyone has heard different, feel free to correct of course.

Just had the CC sign the paperwork and then dropped it off at MPF - unfortunately they had all gone home for the day (1500 WTF), so I will have to wait until Tuesday for it to process. Here's hoping!

Sorry to be so verbose with my posts; I figure that anyone in my shoes in the future will appreciate any info. I know I did.

bcoco14
01-16-2010, 05:16 AM
Ok I got another question. I got my approval on the 6th but I have yet to get a formal training rip. I called AFPC yesterday and they said it could take 2 weeks to get but I should contact my base formal training office. I did and they tell me they don't know anything until they receive the rip from AFPC and I should contact them. Looks like a start of another run around.

AFPC shows my approval and class dates in MilPDS but doesn't know when the rip goes out, base formal training says sometimes they get rips when people are less than a month out from class start dates and says sit back and wait. I still have retainability issues to resolve and god knows what else.

The amount of time time I've spent harassing thees people and the higher ups that I've had to get involved just to get people to do their jobs is just pathetic and it's still not over. /rant

So how long did your guys have to wait after you went status 6 to receive your rips?

Spunjah413
01-16-2010, 05:57 AM
Don't worry bro, your Rips will get to you, just sit back and relax, the hardest parts are over. The only thing you can do is wait til Formal Training gets everything in order, then e-mails you the Rips to get signed and whatnot. In the meantime you should head on over to the MPF and take care of those retainability probs you said you got, so when the rips get to you you can send em right back completed and signed.

bcoco14
01-16-2010, 06:12 AM
Don't worry bro, your Rips will get to you, just sit back and relax, the hardest parts are over. The only thing you can do is wait til Formal Training gets everything in order, then e-mails you the Rips to get signed and whatnot. In the meantime you should head on over to the MPF and take care of those retainability probs you said you got, so when the rips get to you you can send em right back completed and signed.

Wish I could MPF wont touch anything until I bring them a rip or am within 3 months of my seperation date

POCO0111
01-16-2010, 08:07 AM
I have a question for anyone who knows the answer. I am trying to retain into a FE what is the best plane to try to get on to learn your job on? I was also doing some research and I was wondering why CV-22 has 2 flight engineers?

Spunjah413
01-16-2010, 07:09 PM
I have a question for anyone who knows the answer. I am trying to retain into a FE what is the best plane to try to get on to learn your job on? I was also doing some research and I was wondering why CV-22 has 2 flight engineers?

Im not sure how to read your question, but are you asking what jet should you try to get on BEFOR attempting to crosstrain...or Are you trying to cross train now and wondering which acft is is better to end up on?

Also 2x Engineer on CV-22 is because they dont need Gunners (No idea why) or Loadmasters. I honestly don't know the true reasoning, but 2 Engineers are better than 1, lol.

POCO0111
01-17-2010, 09:56 AM
I am currently in the process of trying to retrain into FE. I guess i am just looking to find out which planes are the best to try to get on when I get to tech school or is it a personal prefferance.

Freelancer
01-17-2010, 01:18 PM
I'll be driving out this Tuesday for Lackland and I've still yet to get my orders. I turned all my rips in already but I guess I'll have to have the unit training manager give me my letter and hopefully he can fax them to me later. What's worse, is that Monday is a down day so I can't jump on my MPF's formal training office's throat. :( See you other guys in Lackland. I only have a 2 seater though, so I can only grab 1 a day from Kelly:D

Spunjah413
01-17-2010, 04:05 PM
Yeah I actually didn't get the orders til the day I was driving out. Pretty sad when I turned in my rips atleast 2-3 months in advance. Anyway, they just E-mail them to you anyhow, so head over to the Library on Lackland and print em out when you get there.

KC10FCC
01-17-2010, 08:58 PM
Does anyone else have Fundies 30 April and BFE 20 May?

jdogg2
01-18-2010, 07:52 PM
I dont know if this has been asked but I start Fundies on Friday and it doesn't say anywhere what the uniform of the day is for the first day.Can someone help? Second i was also reading the reporting instructions and its says --hand carry all medical records, to include 1042-- but i only have my IFC III and my SF88 not my records, any ideas what i really need?

thanks

akruse
01-18-2010, 08:02 PM
I dont know if this has been asked but I start Fundies on Friday and it doesn't say anywhere what the uniform of the day is for the first day.Can someone help? Second i was also reading the reporting instructions and its says --hand carry all medical records, to include 1042-- but i only have my IFC III and my SF88 not my records, any ideas what i really need?

thanks

Look back 1 or 2 pages.

Jot
01-18-2010, 08:03 PM

thanks

jdogg, I'll be there on Friday also.

First day uniform is ABU's. Wear blues on Mondays, and blues with jacket at graduation.

Did you get your records from your medical section? If not, get those ASAP. If there isn't a 1042 in there, see a flight doc to get one signed off for you ASAP. If all else fails, you can call the POC on the ETCA reporting instructions and ask for guidance.

See you Friday.

jdogg2
01-18-2010, 08:22 PM
I have my 1042 and 2798.. But they wouldn't give me my med records because I wasn't PCSing. I'm already in Texas so I need to figure out how to get them..

Jot
01-18-2010, 08:40 PM
I have my 1042 and 2798.. But they wouldn't give me my med records because I wasn't PCSing. I'm already in Texas so I need to figure out how to get them..

Didn't you post earlier that you "only have my IFC III and my SF88 not my records"?

Your IFCIII is your DD2808 (see a copy here) http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/infomgt/forms/eforms/dd2808.pdf , or it may be a SF88 form. Both serve the same purpose.

Your 1042 is the Medical Recommendation for Flying Duty http://www.usa-federal-forms.com/air-force/3-pdf-forms_pubs/www.e-publishing.af.mil/formfiles/af/af1042/af1042.pdf .

What forms do you have in your possession right now?

By the way, ALWAYS make photocopies of YOUR records and keep in a safe place. The clinics like to pull this crap all the time.

jdogg2
01-18-2010, 08:53 PM
I have my 1042 and my SF88 but not my actual medical records. I'm gonna try to have them overnight them..

Jot
01-18-2010, 09:05 PM
I have my 1042 and my SF88 but not my actual medical records. I'm gonna try to have them overnight them..

I think you have what you need. Call the POC at Lackland first thing in the morning, tell him what you've got, and ask if he needs the actual records, but I think you're good to go (Assuming the SF88 is stamped and the 1042 is signed).

jdogg2
01-18-2010, 09:11 PM
Everything is stamped and signed by the flight doc, but I'll call anyway... Thanks for the help.

Freelancer
01-18-2010, 10:58 PM
From what I've been told by all of my shop here is that we don't need the medical records themselves. Just the 1042 and SF88 for the chamber later. See you two Friday.

imported_TJC78
01-19-2010, 01:01 AM
I am currently in the process of trying to retrain into FE. I guess i am just looking to find out which planes are the best to try to get on when I get to tech school or is it a personal prefferance.

I've never understood why people ask this question. Fact is, there is no way to determine which aircraft is "better" than another. Sure, there are airframes that might be easier to learn because they're smaller, or just more simplistic by design, but that doesn't make them better. It's all a matter of what you want to do. Furthermore, I wouldn't worry too much about choosing an airframe anyways, they're just going to put you where they need you regardless of what you want.

Max Power
01-19-2010, 01:27 AM
I've never understood why people ask this question. Fact is, there is no way to determine which aircraft is "better" than another. Sure, there are airframes that might be easier to learn because they're smaller, or just more simplistic by design, but that doesn't make them better. It's all a matter of what you want to do. Furthermore, I wouldn't worry too much about choosing an airframe anyways, they're just going to put you where they need you regardless of what you want.

Get back in the books!!!

imported_TJC78
01-19-2010, 12:22 PM
Get back in the books!!!

Haha, I've been in the books pretty much all weekend, with the exception of Saturday. We're taking our first test on Friday, can't wait to get that over with. Sims will be coming up pretty quick!

VidMXGuy
01-20-2010, 12:09 AM
Get back in the books!!!

-130s are for underachievers, don't try to act like its that bad... FRED is where the fun is!!!

FrkyMnky1487
01-20-2010, 05:20 AM
Hopefully someone else has already been through this and can help me out.

I went and did my eye exam today and came out to -6.0/-6.25. The doc told me that the limits for vision are -5.5 and that I should not be susprised if they dont approve me when I go through my physical. I read through 48-123 and it does say what the doc said, however it seems to read that if it is 20/20 with contacts or glasses then I am fine. Can someone help me out with this and if I must be under -5.5 uncorrected can I get a waiver for that or am I SOL?

c5engineer
01-20-2010, 03:06 PM
-130s are for underachievers, don't try to act like its that bad... FRED is where the fun is!!!

There is an airframe out there for everybody, but as for 5's being better than 130's, not from a flying standpoint. I have over 4k in FRED and have only been flying the H2's for four months, but the flying is incredible. You will never drop a HALO of SEALS or Rangers. We're dropping in Haiti right now because FRED's too big for the ramp. Sure he'll be down there eventually. I've been on many humanitarian relief missions in FRED. I've done random steeps and penetration descents in FRED with the inbd thrust reversers open looking like the engines are going to shake off the wings. That is nothing compared to terrain following in a three ship formation at 190 miles an hour 300 feet above the earth and then popping up and dropping a CDS and then screaming to 220 KIAS and putting in crazy bank angles.

With FRED you'll get more travel though. 130 crews keep trying to tell me they can go wherever FRED goes. True, but they don't. The unit I'm in now spends time and energy training for war. We do so many TAC locals and so much airdrop with the Army. Even our week long trips are either a JA/ATT or a trash hauling run...STATESIDE! FRED will fly presidential support, humanitarian airlift, Baghdad runs (occasionally) and special missions like carrying the Navy SEALS Mark five boat.

To end my career speeding around above the nape of the earth and dropping troops out the back is actually pretty cool, but I miss being in Europe one day, the Middle EAst the next and then in the Pacific. You never know what TACC is going to throw at you and it's always different.

Having said all of that I could go back and fly FRED right now (two units within 5 hours of me) and I wouldn't do it even if they offered me the bonus because I love the flying.

Max Power
01-20-2010, 03:45 PM

You keep your filthy whore mouth shut.

How's class going?

VidMXGuy
01-20-2010, 09:01 PM
You keep your filthy whore mouth shut.

How's class going?

I feel like putting bamboo shards under my fingernails, thats how its going. Haha, not really, its not that bad, FRED is a beast and there is so much stuff to it, but, like BFE, its all about keeping in the books, all 60 pounds of them. Hows Little Rock treating you?

Freelancer
01-20-2010, 09:58 PM
Just arrived into Kelly Inn today. Walked into a hot as hell room with my DSL crap laying in disarray on one nightstand and a huge handful of leaflets for restaurants in the other. Probably going to order some Chinese for the night and recover from my harrowing drive. Once you get near San Antonio it seems all traffic rules fly right out the window and people become Arizonans. Got what sounds like Fred taking off and landing every 15 minutes right next to me and the crew chief in me feels much more relaxed. Since I'm like 2 days early and this whole shebang kicks off on Friday, I'll just take it easy tonight and raid Lackland and Medina tomorrow. Anyone "ONE" else who is here and has to head out to class on Friday for in-processing, hit me up with a PM and I'll give em a ride come Friday. I have no idea how many we'll have here and who will have vehicles. So far I think I counted 3 total retrains from this thread, who knows how many don't even read these forums.

Max Power
01-20-2010, 10:34 PM
I feel like putting bamboo shards under my fingernails, thats how its going. Haha, not really, its not that bad, FRED is a beast and there is so much stuff to it, but, like BFE, its all about keeping in the books, all 60 pounds of them. Hows Little Rock treating you?

Pretty good. We're in sims right now and I'm having a blast. After sims are over I break away from my class and start pre-flights since I don't do mission qual here. Overall I'm not regretting retraining at all.

CV22FE
01-21-2010, 05:41 AM
What do you suggest?

Thank you for your help.

xCHICOx
01-21-2010, 02:26 PM
I had an initial IFCIII in 07, and passed my depth perception test, got approved for crosstraining to FE, got my assignment and class dates and now I am waiting for my DEROS to head off to school. I had to go retake my physical today because the first one I did was too soon I guess, and now I failed my DP test. The one I took at optometry was cake though and passed easily. What should I do? Is there any way I can get tested elsewhere and not on the vintage 1968 machine they have? What do you suggest?

Thank you for your help.

Did they give you a second more in depth DP test? They gave me another test after I failed the initial and passed that. But, I did have to get a DP waiver though. Hopefully the Optometry folks won't give you a hard time on it.

TheDude
01-21-2010, 05:38 PM
Just arrived into Kelly Inn today. Walked into a hot as hell room with my DSL crap laying in disarray on one nightstand and a huge handful of leaflets for restaurants in the other. Probably going to order some Chinese for the night and recover from my harrowing drive. Once you get near San Antonio it seems all traffic rules fly right out the window and people become Arizonans. Got what sounds like Fred taking off and landing every 15 minutes right next to me and the crew chief in me feels much more relaxed. Since I'm like 2 days early and this whole shebang kicks off on Friday, I'll just take it easy tonight and raid Lackland and Medina tomorrow. Anyone "ONE" else who is here and has to head out to class on Friday for in-processing, hit me up with a PM and I'll give em a ride come Friday. I have no idea how many we'll have here and who will have vehicles. So far I think I counted 3 total retrains from this thread, who knows how many don't even read these forums.

Yeah, traffic down there is terrible, to say the least... Me and a dude in my class damn near hit a couch on the interstate- yes, a couch, in the middle of the road--- be vigilant!

onyx
01-21-2010, 10:41 PM

are you driving a white miata?

Freelancer
01-22-2010, 12:16 AM
Yep. Me and my death trap :)

onyx
01-22-2010, 02:07 AM
Yep. Me and my death trap :)

thought so. dont expect it to be in "running" condition tomorrow.

CV22FE
01-22-2010, 02:42 AM
Did they give you a second more in depth DP test? They gave me another test after I failed the initial and passed that. But, I did have to get a DP waiver though. Hopefully the Optometry folks won't give you a hard time on it.

Im not going to give up until they pass me.

Jot
01-22-2010, 03:07 AM

I arrived today, I'm at Gateway Inn. Checked into room and it was hotter than hell. Turned air on and it pumped out hot air. Window had broken screen, so that wasn't an option.

I went back to the desk and told them the air was bad, they said, "Nope, base commander wouldn't let us turn on air yet." Well, the window screen is out, so I can't use the window. "Why not?" they ask. Ummm..bugs, or worse yet, animals...

So they gave me a suite. Has two windows, so I have a little ventilation, but it still sucks.

Freelancer
01-22-2010, 10:13 AM
what's that supposed to mean? ( that question is directed at Onyx.)

BigBaze
01-22-2010, 04:06 PM
I had an initial IFCIII in 07, and passed my depth perception test, got approved for crosstraining to FE, got my assignment and class dates and now I am waiting for my DEROS to head off to school. I had to go retake my physical today because the first one I did was too soon I guess, and now I failed my DP test. The one I took at optometry was cake though and passed easily. What should I do? Is there any way I can get tested elsewhere and not on the vintage 1968 machine they have? What do you suggest?

Thank you for your help.

I failed my depth perception test my last physical, and I am a qualified FE. I failed that little test with 5 circles, and they did 3 other alternate tests that were easy as shit and I passed. Keep trying, although it may be harder when you are doing your initial flight physical. from what people tell me, on that test with the 5 raised circles in a row, it is never the outside ones that are the right one, but one of the inner 3;)

BigBaze
01-22-2010, 04:09 PM

Good call, as you go through your flying career, everyone thinks their plane is the best, I am on the KC10 and think she is the sexiest lady on earth. Remember, whatever airframe you get, enjoy it, and after 3 or 4 years on it you always have the opportunity to move on over to another airframe,.

alcorh
01-23-2010, 12:59 AM
Fundies almost over.... this crap is so lame/boring

kenton
01-23-2010, 04:18 AM
STFU and study.... And your getting 60's so just suck it up and live with it.

alcorh
01-23-2010, 12:42 PM
STFU and study.... And your getting 60's so just suck it up and live with it.

thats fine, but u think ur goin to IQT in june.. ha more like dec or jan

Cilly
01-23-2010, 04:43 PM
So don't know if anyone will be able to answer this but we shall see! I'm currently an E&E troop and I am scheduled to start Aircrew Fund-Flight Engineer on 5 Feb. I've worked on MH-53's in the past and have an H-53 SEI. My question is, Does having a SEI for a helicopter better my chances of receiving a helicopter as a airframe assignment? I would LOVE to be on HH-60's!

bcoco14
01-23-2010, 06:24 PM
So don't know if anyone will be able to answer this but we shall see! I'm currently an E&E troop and I am scheduled to start Aircrew Fund-Flight Engineer on 5 Feb. I've worked on MH-53's in the past and have an H-53 SEI. My question is, Does having a SEI for a helicopter better my chances of receiving a helicopter as a airframe assignment? I would LOVE to be on HH-60's!

This wont really answer your question but I read somewhere, not sure if it was this thread or another source, and it might be completely wrong so take it with a grain of salt.

I read that the CFM takes the "dream sheet" that you fill out in BFE and stacks them in the order of highest rank to lowest. Then he does his best to match you up with the highest spot on on you list given the needs of the Air Force at that time. I'm sure more variables exist such as if your already at a base they may be inclined to keep you there. So maybe a having a helo SEI will help it can't really hurt.

I also had a FE tell me that unless you come from an overseas base getting -60's is a lot harder so I should be considering what fixed wings I would prefer.

I very well may have received bad information but I'm sure someone will chime in and correct me is that's the case.

xboomer
01-25-2010, 12:41 PM
Can someone at Kelly FEIQ tell me what the current back log is for getting a school date?

Thanks

YaKkO
01-25-2010, 04:28 PM
Do you mean for C-5?

xboomer
01-25-2010, 04:37 PM
Do you mean for C-5?

Yes, for C5.

VidMXGuy
01-26-2010, 07:40 PM
Yes, for C5.

It depends, if you are guard/reserve they typically have class dates right after SERE or BFE. If you are active duty, you could be waiting 4-6 months before a class starts. I had to go back to my old job for a few months after finishing SERE before starting FEIQ.

xboomer
01-26-2010, 11:17 PM
It depends, if you are guard/reserve they typically have class dates right after SERE or BFE. If you are active duty, you could be waiting 4-6 months before a class starts. I had to go back to my old job for a few months after finishing SERE before starting FEIQ.

Thanks for the information. I know that is how it use to be but they are backed up from what I am being told. Someone (alcorh) a few threads ago said something like " you will be lucky to get Dec or Jan for FIQ" so I was wondering if they have been hearing any rumors about the back log.

Thanks again.

imported_CV22chief
01-28-2010, 02:49 AM

What base are you at? I was a MH-53 crew chief. I ended up getting hueys for my airframe. Same with a guy in my class who was a 60 crewchief, and a guy in my shop, he got hueys and the same base as me. .... On the other hand another guy in my squadron was a helicopter crewchief and he is going to C-5s. Thats 1 out of 3 who didn't get helicopters... maybe you will get lucky!

imported_CV22chief
01-28-2010, 02:53 AM
Yeah, traffic down there is terrible, to say the least... Me and a dude in my class damn near hit a couch on the interstate- yes, a couch, in the middle of the road--- be vigilant!

Me and my buddy got side swiped like the 2nd day we were there...his truck was in the shop for nearly 2 months while we were there...driving definitely sucks there.

xCHICOx
01-28-2010, 01:24 PM
What base are you at? I was a MH-53 crew chief. I ended up getting hueys for my airframe. Same with a guy in my class who was a 60 crewchief, and a guy in my shop, he got hueys and the same base as me. .... On the other hand another guy in my squadron was a helicopter crewchief and he is going to C-5s. Thats 1 out of 3 who didn't get helicopters... maybe you will get lucky!

Hueys at what base? They are at the top of my list....but my list changes every other day :confused:

Cilly
01-28-2010, 07:22 PM

I was at RAF Mildenhall from 05 to 08 when I worked on the MH-53. I really miss them!

kenton
01-29-2010, 12:42 AM
Just finished the chamber today... Now on to BFE

YaKkO
01-29-2010, 02:10 AM
Just finished the chamber today... Now on to BFE

so how was fundies. Did ya have to study or was it pay attn in class type shit?

alcorh
01-29-2010, 10:28 PM
so how was fundies. Did ya have to study or was it pay attn in class type shit?

fundies was easy.. I'd still recommend group study but payin attention in class is a must..

onyx
01-30-2010, 12:52 AM
fundies was easy.. I'd still recommend group study but payin attention in class is a must..

it was only easy for you because you copied off of me the whole time. i'm gonna tell sharkbite that you're talking shit about him. BTW, how was your movie date tonight with kenton and larsen? FAAAAAAG!!!!

alcorh
01-30-2010, 03:51 AM
it was only easy for you because you copied off of me the whole time. i'm gonna tell sharkbite that you're talking shit about him. BTW, how was your movie date tonight with kenton and larsen? FAAAAAAG!!!!

are you jealous you homo! ur just pissed that the Manchester United REF didnt ask u over to his house to party. Oh nice C-5 sticker on ur windsheild...(swear it wasnt me) I wonder who you are trying to impersonate

BigBaze
02-04-2010, 07:03 PM
So how is EAUC/BFE going for you guys and gals? Is it everything you dreamed of and more, and everything you expected as far as the amount of information they shoot at you? It has been since July 08 that I graduated and I am pushing 1,000 hours in the KC10, just finishing up my second deployment...trust me once you start the whole training the time will fly.

alcorh
02-04-2010, 08:50 PM
So how is EAUC/BFE going for you guys and gals? Is it everything you dreamed of and more, and everything you expected as far as the amount of information they shoot at you? It has been since July 08 that I graduated and I am pushing 1,000 hours in the KC10, just finishing up my second deployment...trust me once you start the whole training the time will fly.

Its coming along... is alot of info. gettin rdy to start block 3 tomorrow if all goes good in the AM.

Freelancer
02-06-2010, 02:25 AM
Testing out of Block II Monday. Good to see everyone here doing well.

xCHICOx
02-08-2010, 07:52 PM
Quick question...I have my class dates for Fundies/BFE 30 Jul-30 Sep. Should I be concerned if I don't have my SERE dates yet? Or would the end of the fiscal year around that time have something to do with it?

kenton
02-08-2010, 09:23 PM
If your stateside you won't see sere dates until you are at BFE.

xCHICOx
02-09-2010, 01:02 PM

Got it. Thanks a lot!

imported_ANALYST
02-09-2010, 01:42 PM
What is the wait time for SERE after you graduate BFE?

kenton
02-10-2010, 03:09 AM
What is the wait time for SERE after you graduate BFE?

Whenever they can fit it in.... Somewhere from 2 weeks - 4 months

imported_ANALYST
02-10-2010, 02:43 PM
Whenever they can fit it in.... Somewhere from 2 weeks - 4 months

Thanks for the quick reply.

imported_AeroMech78
02-10-2010, 04:09 PM
Any reservists out there that have/had gaps in between BFE, FIQ, SERE, etc? I should have class dates here in the next few weeks and, assuming my orders are continuous, I'm wondering if I will be instructed to report back to my unit or do whatever until the next phase of training. Any break in orders means I have to go back to my civilian job which can be a problem if it's on-again off-again.

KC10
02-10-2010, 09:00 PM
Thanks, I was wondering this too.

xboomer
02-11-2010, 12:36 AM
Any reservists out there that have/had gaps in between BFE, FIQ, SERE, etc? I should have class dates here in the next few weeks and, assuming my orders are continuous, I'm wondering if I will be instructed to report back to my unit or do whatever until the next phase of training. Any break in orders means I have to go back to my civilian job which can be a problem if it's on-again off-again.

What airframe are you going to? I am a Reservist going to BFE in two weeks, after that it is a big question for C5 FEIQ. From what I am being told it may be 6 months or longer. I have also been told that they have not scheduled any classes beyond June. Once again all coming from the rumor mills.

imported_AeroMech78
02-11-2010, 01:08 PM
What airframe are you going to? I am a Reservist going to BFE in two weeks, after that it is a big question for C5 FEIQ. From what I am being told it may be 6 months or longer. I have also been told that they have not scheduled any classes beyond June. Once again all coming from the rumor mills.

I'll be on 130's. From what I've been told, FEIQ will either be at Dobbins or Little Rock but, I'm not sure when. As for Fundies and BFE, I'm hoping to start in April. I should know more in the next couple of weeks

xboomer
02-11-2010, 01:16 PM
I'll be on 130's. From what I've been told, FEIQ will either be at Dobbins or Little Rock but, I'm not sure when. As for Fundies and BFE, I'm hoping to start in April. I should know more in the next couple of weeks

Sorry, I can not give you an answer on the wait time for 130 FEIQ. I am sure some one on the thread will be able to give you rough estimate. I only know you are in better shape than people trying to get to their initial qual in C5's.

kenton
02-13-2010, 01:02 AM
Just saw the functional today.... All KC10 slots are gone for FY10... Looks like the easiest airframe to get right now is 130s, UH1s, or 22s.

bcoco14
02-13-2010, 05:22 AM
Just saw the functional today.... All KC10 slots are gone for FY10... Looks like the easiest airframe to get right now is 130s, UH1s, or 22s.

Hmmm did you take the last one? I'm gonna have to look into UH1's don't know what bases are out there for them. Only 2 that I've heard of were Minot and Yakota.

kenton
02-13-2010, 07:04 AM
Hmmm did you take the last one? I'm gonna have to look into UH1's don't know what bases are out there for them. Only 2 that I've heard of were Minot and Yakota.

Nope... I got my assignment 6 months ago... HH60s at Nellis... As for UH1bases you have Cheyenne WY and malmstrom as well...

Golther
02-13-2010, 07:17 AM

If thats all thats left I will do the 130 over anything else on the short list.

kenton
02-13-2010, 07:27 AM
Everything except KC10 is still open.... He just stated that C5 and H60 school houses are more full than the rest...... Not maxed out though.

kenton
02-13-2010, 07:39 AM
TOdays assignments: 3 C130 (2DM, 1Pope) 1 HH60G (nellis)

Last AD class assignments (from what I can remember): 2 Hh60 (Nellis) 3 C5 (Travis) 1 E3,
1 UH1 (Minot) 1 130 (Pope)

alcorh
02-13-2010, 02:22 PM
TOdays assignments: 3 C130 (2DM, 1Pope) 1 HH60G (nellis)

Last AD class assignments (from what I can remember): 2 Hh60 (Nellis) 3 C5 (Travis) 1 E3,
1 UH1 (Minot) 1 130 (Pope)

glad someone remembered...

imported_ANALYST
02-13-2010, 02:30 PM

Im with you on this one. At the same time, I see how up in the air the process is.

Good luck to those starting on the 26th of Feb.

Golther
02-13-2010, 04:33 PM
TY :) I'm almost starting to loathe my shop.

imported_TJC78
02-13-2010, 06:26 PM

For Hueys, the only bases available are Yokota, Fairchild, Minot, Malmstrom, FE Warren, and (after so many flight hours) Andrews.

akruse
02-13-2010, 07:22 PM
For Hueys, the only bases available are Yokota, Fairchild, Minot, Malmstrom, FE Warren, and (after so many flight hours) Andrews.

Where do they send the guys with busted collar bones?

YaKkO
02-13-2010, 10:07 PM
Im with you on this one. At the same time, I see how up in the air the process is.

Good luck to those starting on the 26th of Feb.

THATS ME! lol

Gahh I cant wait to get all this shit goin...

Max Power
02-14-2010, 01:06 AM

Too soon? Nah.

imported_TJC78
02-14-2010, 06:33 AM

Hahaha, touché. I'm just on medical hold right now, I should be able to rejoin my class next week but I'm DNIF for at least 30 days. :(

Golther
02-14-2010, 06:37 AM
I was just wondering how does the PT program work for us retainers at least while at Lackland?

TheDude
02-15-2010, 06:38 PM
I was just wondering how does the PT program work for us retainers at least while at Lackland?

When I was there last September, we pt'd like once a week... easy stuff- all we did was run and it's not hardcore or anything... but make sure you bring some pt gear

TheDude
02-15-2010, 06:42 PM

Obviously, put what you want first regardless of what they say is open.... you never know, you might get lucky and get what you want--- there is some reasoning to the assignment process, but all in all, it's a crap shoot- Good Luck!

Golther
02-15-2010, 08:26 PM
I will keep that in mind thank you. :)

Freelancer
02-16-2010, 02:04 AM
As stated a couple posts before, just put what you want in the order you want. You may get briefed that he may not have any class dates open for a bit for a certain airframe when he talks to your class but a lot can happen in the 2 weeks or so it takes him to schedule classes. All it takes is a person or two to drop out or shift class dates and you could all of a sudden find yourself in. It IS based on the RHIP system though so if your a SRA competing for a certain airframe or base preference with everyone else, chances are highly stacked against you. Although people do win the lottery almost every day so even a 1% chance is still a chance.

Chief130H
02-16-2010, 02:08 AM
Hi,
I'm hoping to get an FE slot, once my medical gets routed. I'm a FTA and was wondering if anyone has applied under the ETP early CAREERS option. If so, did you need to get the ETP letter? Thanks.

Golther
02-16-2010, 02:14 AM
Hi,
I'm hoping to get an FE slot, once my medical gets routed. I'm a FTA and was wondering if anyone has applied under the ETP early CAREERS option. If so, did you need to get the ETP letter? Thanks.

I did and you need to make one for yourself. I don't have the website off hand but it's the Career Enlisted Aviator Website that has ETP examples

Freelancer
02-16-2010, 10:58 AM
I retrained early and well although for some reason they didn't require an ETP for it. They just had a little worksheet/letter that basically I sign off saying that I know I'm retraining into a crit manned career field and that I would be retraining early and should I fail this would count. Although the other ETPs I did are fairly standard fare anyways. Get your standardized letterhead type in brief yet specific reasons on what you are doing and why you are doing it and get it signed by the commander then route it all up with the rest of your paperwork.

JENNYTHING
02-16-2010, 12:42 PM
Hi,

I also retrained early under CAREERS the only ETP letter I needed was due to the fact that I wasn't coming from a feeder AFSC.

Jot
02-19-2010, 03:45 AM

Hey Bud, I'll poll the reservists tomorrow and see what orders they have. My orders are continuous, only have a break of about a week or 1.5 weeks between schools.

akruse
02-20-2010, 09:46 AM
Can anyone confirm if your actual medical records are required at Lackland or just your 422 and physical junk.

xboomer
02-20-2010, 12:33 PM
Can anyone confirm if your actual medical records are required at Lackland or just your 422 and physical junk.

I just spoke with the school house for BFE this week and asked if I needed my medical records. They said I only needed a copy of my 1042 and 702. If you are going to fundamentals I believe that is where you will get your alt chamber 702. My suggestion is to call the school you are going and ask what they need.

Jot
02-20-2010, 02:53 PM

After an informal poll of the reservists, all but one have IQT/MQT and SERE dates, and of those the dates have very little gap. Just based on my observations, I think the functional manager finds an available IQT/MQT school date, then puts you in a Fundies/BFE course before it starts and has a couple week gap (in case you washback), then gets you a SERE seat that is close to IQT/MQT.

Active duty is different because the active duty guys (except the guys that just PCS'd from overseas) have no idea what base or airframe they are going to. We were fortunate enough the meet the functional manager for 1A1, and he explained how active duty gets their assignments. If they are already at a base that has training available, they are staying there. If not, they are going to somewhere where training is available, weighed by their dream sheet. Bottom line, it seems like the big gaps in school dates are all on the active duty side.

You might not get your SERE rip until later on, since it will be in FY 2011. Just on what I've seen, don't expect big gaps between schools. Maybe a week or two at the most.

Jot
02-20-2010, 02:59 PM
I just spoke with the school house for BFE this week and asked if I needed my medical records. They said I only needed a copy of my 1042 and 702. If you are going to fundamentals I believe that is where you will get your alt chamber 702. My suggestion is to call the school you are going and ask what they need.

Bring shot records. We were just told yesterday that we were getting H1N1 shots, unless we could prove we already had it.

You'll get your 702 at the chamber. Speaking of the chamber, if you have a cold, no matter how minor, see the flight doc. If you go DNIF and can't do the chamber, you'll have plenty of time to make it up. We've had colds run through the schoolhouse, I guess it's that time of year.

Just bring a copy of your 1042 (original not needed). We had a SSgt from the flight medicine branch tell us that we needed our SERE medical clearance (I forget the form number) with us. We all looked at each other and "What the....".

One of our classmates called the clinic, and turns out she was wrong. Moral of the story: If someone tells you something that doesn't seem right, or contradictory, or damn near impossible to comply with, start asking questions.

imported_ANALYST
02-20-2010, 04:36 PM
Bring shot records. We were just told yesterday that we were getting H1N1 shots, unless we could prove we already had it.

You'll get your 702 at the chamber. Speaking of the chamber, if you have a cold, no matter how minor, see the flight doc. If you go DNIF and can't do the chamber, you'll have plenty of time to make it up. We've had colds run through the schoolhouse, I guess it's that time of year.

Just bring a copy of your 1042 (original not needed). We had a SSgt from the flight medicine branch tell us that we needed our SERE medical clearance (I forget the form number) with us. We all looked at each other and "What the....".

One of our classmates called the clinic, and turns out she was wrong. Moral of the story: If someone tells you something that doesn't seem right, or contradictory, or damn near impossible to comply with, start asking questions.

You are right about the SERE clearance. I had one done here and then called the flight doc at SERE. Long story short, the clearance is only good 6 weeks out. It only takes a few minutes to accomplish non the less.

JENNYTHING
02-21-2010, 05:55 AM
You are right about the SERE clearance. I had one done here and then called the flight doc at SERE. Long story short, the clearance is only good 6 weeks out. It only takes a few minutes to accomplish non the less.

Have fun at SERE! :cool:

YaKkO
02-21-2010, 07:08 PM
Have fun at SERE! :cool:

Have you gone yet?

imported_Steveo16220
02-21-2010, 08:16 PM
Anyone have a good website that tells more about this caeer field? I am gathering my retrain package together for this.

YaKkO
02-21-2010, 08:33 PM
Anyone have a good website that tells more about this caeer field? I am gathering my retrain package together for this.

When you get a gov. PC go to the CEA site. And these forums have all the info you could prob ever need.

turbotyme7
02-22-2010, 04:31 AM
Are there CDC's for this AFSC or is it one of the few that don't have them?

StevenW135
02-22-2010, 05:09 AM
Are there CDC's for this AFSC or is it one of the few that don't have them?

Yes there is CDC's

Golther
02-22-2010, 05:11 AM
I received my TDY orders a few days ago and they said to go to Goodfellow AFB for retraining. Anyone know if there had been a change that I am not aware of?

StevenW135
02-22-2010, 05:13 AM
I received my TDY orders a few days ago and they said to go to Goodfellow AFB for retraining. Anyone know if there had been a change that I am not aware of?

Formal training prob jacked up. I'd call them in the morn. Your in the 26 feb fundies right?

Golther
02-22-2010, 05:17 AM
Formal training prob jacked up. I'd call them in the morn. Your in the 26 feb fundies right?

I already spoke to them on Friday, and they said they would get them amended. I was just curious. :) Yes my fundies is on the 26th. It almost seems kinda surreal for me.

StevenW135
02-22-2010, 05:19 AM
I already spoke to them on Friday, and they said they would get them amended. I was just curious. :) Yes my fundies is on the 26th. It almost seems kinda surreal for me.

I feel ya man...message me your number and ill give ya a holla when i get down there.

imported_ANALYST
02-22-2010, 08:22 PM
Man, I should have been in the 26th FEB class. Well, some how my ALS was projected in the system. It shows up with my Aircrew Fundamentals and BFE Dates.

kenton
02-23-2010, 12:18 AM
Are any of you from the 26th fundies class staying at Kelly? We are having a kegger here Friday night.... j/k

YaKkO
02-23-2010, 01:11 AM
Are any of you from the 26th fundies class staying at Kelly? We are having a kegger here Friday night.... j/k

I got so excited lol. Douch nozzle :]

Hey I'll msg you guys that have the 26th my number.

StevenW135
02-23-2010, 02:31 AM

Shit im down...

imported_TJC78
02-23-2010, 03:19 AM

What, the 264 pages worth of personal experiences in this career field aren't good enough for you? If you're just looking for basic information, Google would be a good start. ;)

YaKkO
02-23-2010, 04:06 AM
What, the 264 pages worth of personal experiences in this career field aren't good enough for you? If you're just looking for basic information, Google would be a good start. ;)

At some point those 264 pages just become retarded to look through!

Golther
02-23-2010, 04:55 AM
I got so excited lol. Douch nozzle :]

Hey I'll msg you guys that have the 26th my number.

Fri or Sat sounds good to me!

imported_TJC78
02-23-2010, 05:22 AM
At some point those 264 pages just become retarded to look through!

Be that as it may, there's already a TON of information in here. This isn't a lazy man's career field, if you can't be troubled enough to search out answers on your own without expecting them to be handed to you, this probably isn't the best career move for you. I'm not sayin', just sayin, know what I'm sayin'?

knightops
02-23-2010, 07:14 AM
Hey guys,
It has been interesting to read all of your posts (ok, maybe not all). I am in the Nevada air guard. I am a non-prior service enlistee, I got the job because of my PPL. I have basic starting on May 3rd and then start the pipeline on July 2nd. Just thought I would introduce myself.

YaKkO
02-23-2010, 03:01 PM
Hey guys,
It has been interesting to read all of your posts (ok, maybe not all). I am in the Nevada air guard. I am a non-prior service enlistee, I got the job because of my PPL. I have basic starting on May 3rd and then start the pipeline on July 2nd. Just thought I would introduce myself.

Hmm. That's cool. I did'nt know non-priors could do that? What's a PPL?

imported_Blueridge
02-23-2010, 03:24 PM
Hmm. That's cool. I did'nt know non-priors could do that? What's a PPL?
The PPL is a FAA Private Pilots License, didn't know about the non-priors either - good luck knightops.

imported_AeroMech78
02-23-2010, 03:57 PM
After an informal poll of the reservists, all but one have IQT/MQT and SERE dates, and of those the dates have very little gap. Just based on my observations, I think the functional manager finds an available IQT/MQT school date, then puts you in a Fundies/BFE course before it starts and has a couple week gap (in case you washback), then gets you a SERE seat that is close to IQT/MQT.

Active duty is different because the active duty guys (except the guys that just PCS'd from overseas) have no idea what base or airframe they are going to. We were fortunate enough the meet the functional manager for 1A1, and he explained how active duty gets their assignments. If they are already at a base that has training available, they are staying there. If not, they are going to somewhere where training is available, weighed by their dream sheet. Bottom line, it seems like the big gaps in school dates are all on the active duty side.

You might not get your SERE rip until later on, since it will be in FY 2011. Just on what I've seen, don't expect big gaps between schools. Maybe a week or two at the most.

Thanks, :)

YaKkO
02-23-2010, 03:58 PM
The PPL is a FAA Private Pilots License, didn't know about the non-priors either - good luck knightops.

Ohh okay gotcha.

alcorh
02-23-2010, 04:32 PM

Theres a non-prior in the BFE class behind mine. They can get into the career field with ANY FAA license.

alcorh
02-23-2010, 04:35 PM
Anyone else here start HH60 IQT on 14 Sep 2010?

YaKkO
02-23-2010, 05:05 PM

Is IQT for you at Nellis?

alcorh
02-23-2010, 05:09 PM
Is IQT for you at Nellis?

No, Kirtland

YaKkO
02-23-2010, 05:18 PM
No, Kirtland

Ohh I saw that you had Nellis in your location and you made it sound like you were there already. I didn't think that Nellis sounded right :rolleyes:

akruse
02-23-2010, 05:22 PM

This guy does :D

email me at kruse.adamATgmail.com

xboomer
02-23-2010, 06:59 PM

Starting BFE on the 26th, does that count!

knightops
02-23-2010, 07:33 PM
I must admit, every time I am introduced to a pilot or other FE at my unit, and they learn I am a non-prior, I get a little chuckle. I am the first non-prior ever taken at the unit and if I fail, I will be the last. I do not think I have any gaps in between all of my school dates.

YaKkO
02-23-2010, 08:09 PM
I must admit, every time I am introduced to a pilot or other FE at my unit, and they learn I am a non-prior, I get a little chuckle. I am the first non-prior ever taken at the unit and if I fail, I will be the last. I do not think I have any gaps in between all of my school dates.

Well good luck lol. No pressure or anything!

I would have to assume with your background that it shouldn't be too hard for ya though.

turbotyme7
02-23-2010, 09:10 PM
Theres a non-prior in the BFE class behind mine. They can get into the career field with ANY FAA license.

Just like you said

"For entry into 1A1X1 specialty, prior qualification at the 5- or 7-skill level in the 1A0, 1A2, 1A5, 2A3X1/3, 2A4X1/2, 2A5, 2AX1/3/4/5/6, 2A7X3, and 2M0 career field ladder, or possession of a valid Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Flight Engineer certificate with a jet or turboprop rating, Private Pilot’s License, or valid FAA airframe and power plant (A&P)license and/or Aircraft Maintenance Technician (AMT)."

kenton
02-23-2010, 10:56 PM
Starting BFE on the 26th, does that count!

I guess that counts... Lol... On a serious note though we might try to get a beer pong game started either fri or sat night... block 6 should be finished Friday and we need to blow off steam somehow.

Machinedoc
02-23-2010, 11:18 PM
This guy does :D

email me at kruse.adamATgmail.com

Where did you work at Lakenheath?

onyx
02-24-2010, 12:52 AM
I guess that counts... Lol... On a serious note though we might try to get a beer pong game started either fri or sat night... block 6 should be finished Friday and we need to blow off steam somehow.

i'll just keep beating your ass in foosball BIOTCH!

imported_AeroMech78
02-24-2010, 05:30 PM
Got my class dates! Starting fundies April 30th. Anybody else?

akruse
02-24-2010, 07:19 PM
Where did you work at Lakenheath?

Gold and MTF. Teaching bitchass AR troops how not to fuck shit up :)

turbotyme7
02-24-2010, 09:39 PM

I got 16 April, be there nearly the same time.......

-mike

YaKkO
02-24-2010, 11:39 PM
Well I'm at the Lackland Inn BLDG 10207 Room 2335 ppl. And Im down for Beer pong w/e.

Machinedoc
02-25-2010, 12:45 AM
Gold and MTF. Teaching bitchass AR troops how not to fuck shit up :)

Well this bitchass AR troop thinks you guys must not be doing your jobs if they are still fuckin shit up?

akruse
02-25-2010, 05:23 AM
Well this bitchass AR troop thinks you guys must not be doing your jobs if they are still fuckin shit up?

I know, we suck. Does your last name start with an E?

fallenight
02-25-2010, 01:59 PM
I start on the 16th of april as well so see you all there.

YaKkO
02-26-2010, 12:27 AM
Hey Analyst! Stevo tells me you somehow have SERE dates already?

imported_TJC78
02-26-2010, 08:09 AM
Hey Analyst! Stevo tells me you somehow have SERE dates already?

The SERE dates you get before BFE don't really amount to anything, so whether or not you get them is no big deal. You'll get all that info once you're assigned to an airframe, and you'll have plenty of time to plan as necessary.

KC10FCC
02-27-2010, 01:14 PM

I also have 30 April with BFE starting 19 May. How long have to had your class date?

imported_AeroMech78
02-28-2010, 12:25 AM
I also have 30 April with BFE starting 19 May. How long have to had your class date?

Cool. Did you mean to ask how long I've had the class date? I was notified earlier in the week. Not sure exactly when my name showed up. I'm SO excited about getting started.

I'll send you a PM with my name and number.

BigBaze
03-02-2010, 08:50 PM
anyone have sensor operators in the EAUC class, and don't they receive enlisted aviator wings?

Machinedoc
03-02-2010, 09:08 PM
anyone have sensor operators in the EAUC class, and don't they receive enlisted aviator wings?

yah, but they don't get flight pay.

YaKkO
03-02-2010, 09:32 PM

THEY DO NOT get wings. Not only am I in the class right now, my previous career field was in the UAV realm. They have an Intel badge? I'm not quite sure why on the Wikipedia and such it says that they do?

Unless I'm way off in left field....

Correct me if so. Don't wanna be that jackass :tongue:

kenton
03-02-2010, 11:01 PM
Here you go it's a big article so I'll post the link http://www.airforcetimes.com/mobile/index.php?storyUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.airforcetimes. com%2Fnews%2F2010%2F02%2Fairforce_uav_bonus_022510 w%2F

YaKkO
03-02-2010, 11:06 PM
Here you go it's a big article so I'll post the link http://www.airforcetimes.com/mobile/index.php?storyUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.airforcetimes. com%2Fnews%2F2010%2F02%2Fairforce_uav_bonus_022510 w%2F

That just means there getting CEFIP as far as I can tell? Nothing about wings which like I said they don't have. At least at Holloman.

kenton
03-02-2010, 11:19 PM
That just means there getting CEFIP as far as I can tell? Nothing about wings which like I said they don't have. At least at Holloman.

Looks like as of last week they get CEFIP and wear wings as well
http://www.airforcetimes.com/mobile/index.php?storyUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.airforcetimes. com%2Fcommunity%2Fopinion%2Fairforce_backtalk_sens or_101909%2F

YaKkO
03-03-2010, 02:29 AM
Well that article was dated Oct. so I dunno man. I'm gonna ask the Fundies Instructor tomorrow.

If that's true that is some baby back bullshit.

xCHICOx
03-03-2010, 01:02 PM
Looks like as of last week they get CEFIP and wear wings as well
http://www.airforcetimes.com/mobile/index.php?storyUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.airforcetimes. com%2Fcommunity%2Fopinion%2Fairforce_backtalk_sens or_101909%2F

Don't forget the huge SRB as well.

Hoo-huh???
03-03-2010, 07:17 PM
Well that article was dated Oct. so I dunno man. I'm gonna ask the Fundies Instructor tomorrow.

If that's true that is some baby back bullshit.

They get the wings, incentive pay, reenlistment bonus, & they get remote pay while stationed at creech. Check this thread out: http://www.militarytimes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1585214

http://www.militarytimes.com/community/opinion/airforce_backtalk_sensor_101909/

http://www.creech.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123108572

Here is what has been approved for a badge. I believe it was approved in late January.

xCHICOx
03-03-2010, 07:32 PM
They get the wings, incentive pay, reenlistment bonus, & they get remote pay while stationed at creech. Check this thread out: http://www.militarytimes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1585214

http://www.militarytimes.com/community/opinion/airforce_backtalk_sensor_101909/

http://www.creech.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123108572

Here is what has been approved for a badge. I believe it was approved in late January.

Remote pay??!!?? Isn't Creech @ Nellis/Vegas? Just wondering, what qualifies this as a remote? :confused:

Hoo-huh???
03-03-2010, 08:17 PM
Remote pay??!!?? Isn't Creech @ Nellis/Vegas? Just wondering, what qualifies this as a remote? :confused:

Creech is 50 miles from Nellis. Creech doesn't have all the amenities that most bases do. So anytime you have to go to the hospital/dental clinic, education center to test, or MPF for a ID card you have to drive to Nellis. All they have there is a small dining facility & a small shopette the last time I looked.

YaKkO
03-03-2010, 09:19 PM
Fuck those fags. That's all I have to say. Whatever as long as I have mine :D

Hoo-huh???
03-03-2010, 09:51 PM
Fuck those fags. That's all I have to say. Whatever as long as I have mine :D

Did you know they wear flight suits & get aerial achievement medals?

YaKkO
03-03-2010, 10:01 PM
Did you know they wear flight suits & get aerial achievement medals?

Yeah I used to see the super fags everyday at Holloman. It's retarded. You know damn right it stems from the fact that some reject fighter pilot didn't wanna risk them being compared to Sensors and start to go the same direction ie: no wings, medals, flight pay.

It's bullshit. And IMO Fraud, waste and abuse. Textbook at that.

Rowelex82
03-05-2010, 06:02 PM

I'm happy that some of you guys have class dates! I'm still awaiting to see if I got approved since I had to wait til after the Phase II. I did get a notice from AFPC letting me know that I would have an answer in 20 days? Don't know if that is a good sign or not. Anyone have any insight on how this works? I'm still a little lost with all of AFPC's BS! Congrats again to the ones that have class dates I'm hope it's everything that you hoped for and more.

YaKkO
03-05-2010, 07:28 PM
So who has two thumbs and got a 100% on his block one fundies test? This guy!! Lol

So. Moral of the story. study study study. Someone did fail like they say. Prior service guy. Don't fuck around.

kenton
03-05-2010, 09:47 PM
Wow.... A prior failing fundies, I guess there's a first time for everything

YaKkO
03-05-2010, 09:48 PM
Wow.... A prior failing fundies, I guess there's a first time for everything

In his defense he was a Guard Services guy lol.

alcorh
03-06-2010, 02:10 AM
So who has two thumbs and got a 100% on his block one fundies test? This guy!! Lol

So. Moral of the story. study study study. Someone did fail like they say. Prior service guy. Don't fuck around.

hmm 100% ehh.. well when the questions are like, What is this a picture of? and your answer is, A Wing..
tends to be easy... just wait it gets even better later on

onyx
03-06-2010, 05:18 AM
hmm 100% ehh.. well when the questions are like, What is this a picture of? and your answer is, A Wing..
tends to be easy... just wait it gets even better later on

LOL.... ya, that Block 1 is a bitch.... that 100% the whole class got was pretty hard. :rolleyes:

YaKkO
03-06-2010, 06:03 AM
Hey don't you try to to take away the I'm the smartest retard in the special ED class award I have going on lol. BtwI tie with like 5 others.

Freelancer
03-06-2010, 02:41 PM
About to test out of block 5 come Monday. I don't have the best of eyes so it makes this damn block pretty hard. :(

Machinedoc
03-06-2010, 03:27 PM
About to test out of block 5 come Monday. I don't have the best of eyes so it makes this damn block pretty hard. :(

Then you're fucked for block 6 the blocks get retarded smaller.

Max Power
03-06-2010, 03:36 PM

Wait until you're flying and have to update TOLD. It's a blast.

YaKkO
03-06-2010, 03:37 PM

You need good eyes for Block 5? lol

YaKkO
03-06-2010, 03:51 PM
For Charts. Gotcha

alcorh
03-06-2010, 10:25 PM
For Charts. Gotcha

yak.. u AD, ANG or Res?

YaKkO
03-06-2010, 10:37 PM
AD

Why what's up?

jav_909
03-07-2010, 04:28 AM
Hello,
This is for anybody AD who is currently residing at kelly, or has previously stayed at kelly inn. Can you please shed some light on how to keep the travel card current, what i mean is - when, and where can you start filing travel vouchers? for billleting, as well as for per diem. any help would be greatly appriciated.
thanks
jav

YaKkO
03-07-2010, 04:44 PM
Hello,
This is for anybody AD who is currently residing at kelly, or has previously stayed at kelly inn. Can you please shed some light on how to keep the travel card current, what i mean is - when, and where can you start filing travel vouchers? for billleting, as well as for per diem. any help would be greatly appriciated.
thanks
jav

You do a interim Voucher (Not sure of the AF name lol) on Virtual MPF every month.

I think that's what you talking about.

Your local finance office is pretty much without your receipts taking your word for it when it comes to how much you have spent.

Then when you get back to your unit after Grad you will file a Complete Voucher but will obviously not be paid for the shit they already paid for. You will at that point though have to provide them with the receipts.

Questions?

turbotyme7
03-07-2010, 04:52 PM
It's called an Accrual Travel voucher. It done through vMPF under Miscellaneous.

It's basically like Yakko said i.e. you'll do an accrual travel voucher every month (and get paid). Then when you get back to duty station you will do another voucher which covers the entire trip (obviously not get paid). ALWAYS keep receipts, I keep mine in a Ziplock back just in case "beer" gets on it.

jav_909
03-07-2010, 05:26 PM
Thanks to everybod for the quick response!

YaKkO
03-07-2010, 06:29 PM
Thanks to everybod for the quick response!

Are you at Kelley right now?

jav_909
03-08-2010, 02:17 AM
Are you at Kelley right now?

Yeah man. Funny story, I first learned about this forum back when i was retraining for FE, a lot of great info. But long story short, I got approved for FE, then I somehow got switched to a Boom. There's a lot of good people here with great knowledge, so i figured i'd ask. I'm gonna be on the KC-10, at McGuire, so im sure i'll get a little insight , about the FE world, working on the KC10's.

borbiusle
03-09-2010, 09:40 PM
Hi, I'm about to submit my application for retraining and I have a few questions about base selection. Ultimately, I want to work on helicopters and I'm also trying to do a BOP in conjunction with my retraining to better my chances of getting a base I want. I'd like to know if the bases I pick on my retraining application have any bearing on where I'll end up. I was under the assumption that sometime in the middle of tech-school, you pick what airframe you're going to and then choose your bases of preference at that point.

Any clarification would be greatly appreciated!

YaKkO
03-09-2010, 09:54 PM
Hi, I'm about to submit my application for retraining and I have a few questions about base selection. Ultimately, I want to work on helicopters and I'm also trying to do a BOP in conjunction with my retraining to better my chances of getting a base I want. I'd like to know if the bases I pick on my retraining application have any bearing on where I'll end up. I was under the assumption that sometime in the middle of tech-school, you pick what airframe you're going to and then choose your bases of preference at that point.

Any clarification would be greatly appreciated!

Okay first. You will be able to get Helos if you put in for UH-1's.

And BOP from what I have seen does not work? You will fill out a dream sheet the first day of BFE though with available bases and receive a assignment later on in BFE. Pretty much that whole needs of the AF comes into play man.

imported_ANALYST
03-09-2010, 10:50 PM
Who said this stuff is hard.... Just finished BFE an hour ago... Easiest course I've ever taken lol

Congats man, hope it is the same for me. Any pointers or things to watch out for?

kenton
03-09-2010, 11:42 PM
Who said this stuff is hard.... Just finished BFE an hour ago... Easiest course I've ever taken lol

YaKkO
03-10-2010, 12:51 AM

I'm shitting bricks. I finish up fundies this week.

So hopefully your being serious lol

onyx
03-10-2010, 02:41 AM
I'm shitting bricks. I finish up fundies this week.

So hopefully your being serious lol

he's right. no studying needed. it'll fly.

Machinedoc
03-10-2010, 12:57 PM
Yah, if you find this course hard you've got a lot to worry about leaving out of here. Course was way easy. Time to get them wings!

alcorh
03-10-2010, 01:13 PM
Yah, if you find this course hard you've got a lot to worry about leaving out of here. Course was way easy. Time to get them wings!

I know a former commercial CO-pilot who thought it was hard!!!!

Machinedoc
03-10-2010, 02:58 PM
http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee62/nafishasan60/FlashGordon1980.jpg

onyx
03-10-2010, 03:33 PM
http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee62/nafishasan60/FlashGordon1980.jpg

OMG, bwahahahaha. thats awesome.

kenton
03-10-2010, 06:16 PM
OMG, bwahahahaha. thats awesome.

lulz..... That poster is hilarious

YaKkO
03-10-2010, 09:33 PM

Nah I don't mean I'm shitting bricks about Fundies. I mean about BFE. All you hear from everyone is how hard it is. I dunno if there just trying to feel awesome or what.

This dude cam into our class today to talk to our instructor and told us block 1 was hard when I heard from prior MX guy that block 1 is easy as shit?

So I don't know who to believe?

YaKkO
03-10-2010, 11:11 PM
Guess it all boils down to prior experience as a student? Also, some people may have more problems with anxiety than others during tests.

Yeah true.

Today the Fundies Instructor was telling us that the BFE coarse was wrote to have a 0% attrition rate. The BLM coarse was wrote with an expected 20% rate lol

Some one failed somewhere writing the tests I think.

Either that or he is wrong!? I just can't wait to see for myself.

imported_AeroMech78
03-11-2010, 12:05 AM
Guess it all boils down to prior experience as a student? Also, some people may have more problems with anxiety than others during tests.

borbiusle
03-11-2010, 06:27 PM
Just submitted my app 2 days ago and it's in Status 3 right now. How long did it take you guys to get class dates? My only worry is that my 2 EPR's have both been 4's and I'm hoping that won't hurt my chances of making it. I'm also prior-maintenance if that helps any.

bcoco14
03-11-2010, 09:58 PM
Just submitted my app 2 days ago and it's in Status 3 right now. How long did it take you guys to get class dates? My only worry is that my 2 EPR's have both been 4's and I'm hoping that won't hurt my chances of making it. I'm also prior-maintenance if that helps any.

Your EPR's will be fine, how long it takes now depends on if your a FTA or not.

strangeluv8
03-13-2010, 07:22 PM
Well, I gotta say...this forum has been more than helpful. What a long drawn out process this retraining has been so far. One would think being stationed at an AFMC base would help with the initial flt phy. I submitted my retraining app to AFPC on 5 Mar and went status "3" on 9 Mar. Does anyone have any idea how long it might take to get final approval, or go to status "5/6"? I understand if I get approved it's all about the AF needs, however, what are my chances of getting C-130s? Oh, a quick b/g...I am a 13 yr Herc eng mechanic, currently a MX instructor, at KAFB and have been on station for 5 1/2 yrs. I don't mind Abq at all, but a change would be sweet. Anyhow, looking forward to hopefully getting into the FE world! Good luck to all of you who have class dates!

BHibbert80
03-13-2010, 10:59 PM
anybody have fundies starting May 21st? see ya there.

borbiusle
03-15-2010, 01:01 PM
Your EPR's will be fine, how long it takes now depends on if your a FTA or not.

Oh forgot to mention, I am a FTA. Only thing that sucks is that next month is the last month in my retraining window, that's why I'm a bit worried. I'm aware I can apply for a waiver and extend my retraining app(hopefully), but that might be a big pain in the ass.

TheDude
03-15-2010, 10:00 PM
Well, I gotta say...this forum has been more than helpful. What a long drawn out process this retraining has been so far. One would think being stationed at an AFMC base would help with the initial flt phy. I submitted my retraining app to AFPC on 5 Mar and went status "3" on 9 Mar. Does anyone have any idea how long it might take to get final approval, or go to status "5/6"? I understand if I get approved it's all about the AF needs, however, what are my chances of getting C-130s? Oh, a quick b/g...I am a 13 yr Herc eng mechanic, currently a MX instructor, at KAFB and have been on station for 5 1/2 yrs. I don't mind Abq at all, but a change would be sweet. Anyhow, looking forward to hopefully getting into the FE world! Good luck to all of you who have class dates!

Damn, you're application went through quick! I wouldn't think that you should have to wait too much longer to get a status 6- I think the board is the last week of every month, if I'm not mistaken... you're right, it is all about what the Air Force needs... you getting 130's all depends if they have class openings; and that seems to change weekly- it's really all about timing! Good luck!

strangeluv8
03-16-2010, 07:15 PM
Yeah, kinda surprised myself...at least they are looking at my app. Hopefully thats a good thing. From what I'm hearing, going through the NCORP is a diff ball of wax. There is not a monthly board and apps are looked at on a case by case basis. Does anyone know how much truth is to this?

Thanks for the info dude!

darkman62
03-17-2010, 02:01 AM
Huge Question

I am out of the military now and I am currently trying to go back in to the A/F Res out of Travis.
I was in the Navy before as a E-6 (E-3) F/E. I am a FAA F/E Comm Multi Pilot. I just finished my Medical in Hickam & have no Idea where to go from here, I think my A/F recruiter is too busy to really push this thru. Any Ideas on class dates where the schools are for how long Ect.
If i could be given any Ideas of what is next it would really help me out! Thanks in Advance

xCHICOx
03-17-2010, 11:35 AM
Huge Question

I am out of the military now and I am currently trying to go back in to the A/F Res out of Travis.
I was in the Navy before as a E-6 (E-3) F/E. I am a FAA F/E Comm Multi Pilot. I just finished my Medical in Hickam & have no Idea where to go from here, I think my A/F recruiter is too busy to really push this thru. Any Ideas on class dates where the schools are for how long Ect.
If i could be given any Ideas of what is next it would really help me out! Thanks in Advance

I'm not an FE (yet) but as far as I know from all the research I've done, class dates and length depends on the airframe you get. If your joining the reserves at Travis what are your options, C-5/KC-10? I'm sure some of the other guys on this forum have more info. Can you get another recruiter up there? Don't give up if this is what you want to do.

kenton
03-28-2010, 01:44 AM
Everyone still alive out there?

Golther
03-28-2010, 01:51 AM
Doing great just working my way through my classes.

YaKkO
03-28-2010, 01:57 AM
Everyone still alive out there?

Balls Deep in Blk 3.

That's code for I'm bored outta my mind. I have nothing to do!

When does this get interesting lol

alcorh
03-28-2010, 05:01 PM
Balls Deep in Blk 3.

That's code for I'm bored outta my mind. I have nothing to do!

When does this get interesting lol

you guys get ur assignments yet? If so have any 60 peeps in ur class?

Golther
03-28-2010, 05:19 PM
We still haven't received our assignments just yet I hope we get them this week.

YaKkO
03-29-2010, 09:23 PM
We still haven't received our assignments just yet I hope we get them this week.

We fukin better.

And shave the damn stach hutch!

imported_AeroMech78
03-30-2010, 05:36 PM
30 days till Aircrew Fundies!

imported_AeroMech78
03-30-2010, 09:38 PM
2 days till Aircrew Fundies!! Man, the drive is going pretty good. No tickets, thank god.

Good luck! You'll be in there with a guy from my unit at Maxwell. Last name Glover

imported_ANALYST
03-30-2010, 09:52 PM
Okay, I will look out for him.

imported_ANALYST
03-30-2010, 10:12 PM
2 days till Aircrew Fundies!! Man, the drive is going pretty good. No tickets, thank god.

racer847
03-31-2010, 02:57 AM
Flight Med is killing me. Started the process back in October, had to wait till November for my Flight Physical. Only issue I had was getting glasses (was 20/25 uncorrected). Just found out yesterday there were "errors" in my vision section so they had to resubmit. Its taking forever, I want to get it in for the April board. Out in the sandbox now and hoping my next time out I will be sitting up front.

SCOTT15318
03-31-2010, 08:03 PM
I want to make sure I have all my information correct here. I have been reading through a lot of these posts and I see some conflicting information. If I retrain from an overseas base I will be assigned to an airframe first, PCS to my next base and then wait around for a class date? I hear different things from different folks, including the MPF and Career Assistance Advisor. I am hoping someone on this forum retrained from an overseas base and can tell me how it all went down. Also, from what I see on these posts, if I want to work on -60's then I need to put down bases that have the airframe and hope for the best? Is there anything else that I would need to know about retraining from an overseas base? Thanks.

YaKkO
03-31-2010, 10:33 PM

You at the gateway or Kelly?

YaKkO
03-31-2010, 10:34 PM
I want to make sure I have all my information correct here. I have been reading through a lot of these posts and I see some conflicting information. If I retrain from an overseas base I will be assigned to an airframe first, PCS to my next base and then wait around for a class date? I hear different things from different folks, including the MPF and Career Assistance Advisor. I am hoping someone on this forum retrained from an overseas base and can tell me how it all went down. Also, from what I see on these posts, if I want to work on -60's then I need to put down bases that have the airframe and hope for the best? Is there anything else that I would need to know about retraining from an overseas base? Thanks.

When you submit your app you will put down HH-60 bases if that's what your shooting for. Don't get your hopes up though man.

As far as classes and shit go. When you PCS back to the states you will get orders and class dates through SERE and go to your new FE unit and A/C till you head to Lackland for Fundies and BFE.

imported_ANALYST
03-31-2010, 11:54 PM
You at the gateway or Kelly?

Im at Kelly. Just talked to a couple of your classmates.

darkman62
04-01-2010, 02:35 AM
Hi, I am prior service ex USN E-6 (E-3) F/E and have a hiring board next month for the A/F Res out of Travis. Any Idea what to expect? I have been out since 99 & have been flying the whole time. I have no idea what I am walking into with this board & want to be as prepped as much as possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks !!

EKss
04-01-2010, 10:26 PM
I just arrived here at Kelly

xCHICOx
04-02-2010, 12:58 PM
How far in advance were you guys allowed to reserve a room on Kelly? I start fundies 30 July. By when should I be making my reservations???? Some say 30 days, some say ASAP. Just trying to double check.

imported_ANALYST
04-02-2010, 09:25 PM
Go ahead and reserve your room now. I reserved mine back in December.

YaKkO
04-03-2010, 12:02 AM
Go ahead and reserve your room now. I reserved mine back in December.

So how was your first day in the gayest coarse ever? lol

Max Power
04-03-2010, 03:02 PM
So how was your first day in the gayest coarse ever? lol

lol Yeah dude lol

YaKkO
04-03-2010, 04:42 PM
lol Yeah dude lol

lol lol lol lol

turbotyme7
04-05-2010, 01:52 PM
anybody start fundies on 16 april??

fallenight
04-05-2010, 09:50 PM
I start on the 16th be there the night of the 15th i reserved a while back im at kelly ya per diem. see you all there.

strangeluv8
04-05-2010, 10:32 PM
At what point did most of you start pinging AFPC after you submitted your retraining app? Hit the 30 day mark today. The email I got from AFPC a month ago stated it could take 90-120 days to get FINAL approval.

Just wondering if I should start getting the powers that be involved...maybe they can get the wheels turning.

Also, the FE MFM is headed out to Kirtland next week...if nothing else, hopefully that will help.

turbotyme7
04-06-2010, 01:50 AM
nice, i plan to be there in the afternoon or so at kelly. I want to figure where fundies is and everything before the morning comes

turbotyme7
04-06-2010, 01:51 AM
At what point did most of you start pinging AFPC after you submitted your retraining app? Hit the 30 day mark today. The email I got from AFPC a month ago stated it could take 90-120 days to get FINAL approval.

Just wondering if I should start getting the powers that be involved...maybe they can get the wheels turning.

Also, the FE MFM is headed out to Kirtland next week...if nothing else, hopefully that will help.

I called after the 2nd week. I just got lucky with timing, you may have to wait for another board if you're a FTA. I can't speak for NCORP

strangeluv8
04-06-2010, 02:07 AM
I called after the 2nd week. I just got lucky with timing, you may have to wait for another board if you're a FTA. I can't speak for NCORP

Thx. No, I'm hoping to grab one of the 24 TSgt slots still showing up on the retraining advisory notes 2010 Obj In. Just not sure how many apps are ahead of my app.

YaKkO
04-06-2010, 02:16 AM
So the class got assignments today (First day of block 5).

Everyone got within the top 10. I got my 6th.

So I'm headed to Tinker AFB for AWACS.

turbotyme7
04-06-2010, 10:57 PM
So the class got assignments today (First day of block 5).

Everyone got within the top 10. I got my 6th.

So I'm headed to Tinker AFB for AWACS.

how much wait time before iqt?

zuke314
04-07-2010, 12:04 AM
Thx. No, I'm hoping to grab one of the 24 TSgt slots still showing up on the retraining advisory notes 2010 Obj In. Just not sure how many apps are ahead of my app.
Strangeluv-
I was in the same boat for retraining under NCORP
I submitted my stuff back in Nov, went status 3 on Dec 18th and finally got approval on Apr 1st.
I was calling about once a month. Good luck on the wait though, I guess they are backed up with getting us released from our career fields at the pentagon. NCORP this past year really slowed things down for everyone. My section chief actually called retraining directly on the 1st and was told I would not hear anything for at least 30 days....but yet I got approved later that morning. Starting fundies May 28th.

strangeluv8
04-07-2010, 01:58 AM
Strangeluv-
I was in the same boat for retraining under NCORP
I submitted my stuff back in Nov, went status 3 on Dec 18th and finally got approval on Apr 1st.
I was calling about once a month. Good luck on the wait though, I guess they are backed up with getting us released from our career fields at the pentagon. NCORP this past year really slowed things down for everyone. My section chief actually called retraining directly on the 1st and was told I would not hear anything for at least 30 days....but yet I got approved later that morning. Starting fundies May 28th.

Thx for the info Zuke. The end of the wait is in sight for you though. Gotta be a damn good feeling! What is your AFSC? I'm a 2A671, which required an ETP.

I kinda figured they were swamped, but damn! It took you nearly 3 months just to get final approval. If that is the going rate...then I'm looking at the end of May/first of June. No kidding this is one long drawn out process. If ya count the day I originally wanted to make this move, I'm going on 6 years in the making. I applied while at Ramstein back in 04, but my DEROS assignment popped up in the system. Then tried again in 07, had stuff in my med records that raised a flag. The flight physical fiasco is the worst part of the entire process. Maybe that is why I am getting a bit impatient here...Now here I am...finally...with my app at AFPC.

Just hoping to get some good news any day now.....

YaKkO
04-07-2010, 01:58 AM
how much wait time before iqt?

I have a RNLTD to Tinker of JUNE 30th and I start IQT on JULY 26th.

So all in all not much wait time for AWACS.