PDA

View Full Version : Naval Academy cans police chief

SeaLawyer
04-29-2019, 10:59 AM
https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-navy/2019/04/26/naval-academy-cans-police-chief/

I can see/hear it already: Hey Midshipman, meet me in my cruiser or I'll report you to your chain of command.

KellyinAvon
04-29-2019, 01:49 PM
https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-navy/2019/04/26/naval-academy-cans-police-chief/

I can see/hear it already: Hey Midshipman, meet me in my cruiser or I'll report you to your chain of command.

The story was short on detail but very concerning nonetheless. At a public university this would've been on every local news channel in 4 hours. Scary to think how long this has gone on.

Mjölnir
04-29-2019, 02:03 PM
The story was short on detail but very concerning nonetheless. At a public university this would've been on every local news channel in 4 hours. Scary to think how long this has gone on.

It was in the news here -- Annapolis -- over the weekend. (I live in Annapolis, work in Norfolk VA during the week)

Even at a public university, barring something really egregious I doubt this would be more than a blip on the local news if that -- depending on what else was going on that day.

Mjölnir
04-29-2019, 02:03 PM

It was in the news here -- Annapolis -- over the weekend. (I live in Annapolis, work in Norfolk VA during the week)

Even at a public university, barring something really egregious I doubt this would be more than a blip on the local news if that -- depending on what else was going on that day.

SeaLawyer
04-29-2019, 04:53 PM
I spent the last four years of my career teaching at the Naval Academy. This is not the first time we've had a police officer try to improperly exert their authority over a Midshipman.

KellyinAvon
04-30-2019, 12:23 AM

You should consider moving.

Mjölnir
04-30-2019, 09:05 AM
You should consider moving.

you first ;)

KellyinAvon
05-02-2019, 12:04 AM
you first ;)

I did. I left Virginia in 2007.